Fathering Autism #138 Friend’s House is Gone While Piggy Scams On.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That whole bit on the edible reinforcers was so cringy. I can honestly say that we have never done that with our kiddo. It just looked awful. Not to mention the whole "My name is" lesson was 100% orchestrated by Ass because it just doesn't flow at all. Positioning her for those fake greetings will never stick. How about they just work on her saying her name, and use the greetings in a natural setting such as when people come or go/says hi or bye to the therapist.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Why do they want to teach every life skill except for potty training and hygiene which are the most important things she should be learning right now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
They confuse Abbie so much. Multiple times now they say, "Say hello." She does her hello/comewithme/goodbye/ wave (hello). They tell her, "No, use your iPad."

At least say, "Right! Now can you also do it on your iPad?" Or just, you know....be happy she did exactly what you told her to do.

It's like....they did sort of a poor job, but they got to her to use modified sign language for a few things. Now they're on some kick about using the iPad, so now the sign language is downgraded. If she doesn't pick this up to their satisfaction, they'll go back to emphasizing the sign language, which she'll now be confused about because they tell her "no" when she uses it correctly.

I'm also curious about what the images are on her iPad for her name and hello/goodbye, the last two of which would be extremely hard to illustrate in a way that a ID child could understand. You're still basically requiring her to read, either by reading the words or by "reading" the images. It's the same concept--associate what you see with a word and in this case, an action. It's probably hard for her for the same reason reading, writing, and speech are impossible for her. Objects are easier than actions, which is probably why she's so good at "Dunkin' Donuts" or "cookies"--iconic logos and basic objects.

Then you've got "My name is X", which is an entirely different concept, neither an object nor an action. A picture of her does not seem to cut it for her--she does not associate a picture of her with "My name is Abigail" the way they want her to, and she can't form the connection between a picture and an introduction (or greeting for that matter.)

It's honestly terrible they're even trying to force her to say "hello" on the iPad. Signing "hello" is one of the few things she's actually capable of doing, and her way of doing it takes less effort than finding it on her tablet, and is also more natural.

Also, why are they making her say her name is "Abigail"? Been watching this channel for years, and 99% of the time they refer to her as "Abbie." You're dealing with a struggling ID person. Don't call her "Abbie" all day long and then expect her to say "Abigail." Also, the computer pronounces it "Abbie-gail." They call her "Ah-bih-gail." For a person like Abbie, this might be enough to completely confuse her.

Priscilla needs to get over herself and start pulling her weight with Abbie. Dealing with her is such a monumental task, it's shameful how she puts it all on Asa (who I don't even like, but seriously--it's her daughter, too, and also her golden goose, PATHETIC how she can't be bothered.)

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I remember well. That pic triggered me. :sick:
LMAO! OMG! SAME! 🤮💩🤮
1665579831381.gif

That pic brings back disgusting memories of tattle days gone by. 🤢 🪥
A Pot smoking, 62 year old, moo moo wearing without panties kind of disgusting. 🪥
Almost as disgusting as the Hambeasts.
I wonder…wonder…wonder…
Since Peacillerpotamus is an ambassador and all, do you think she would be able to talk Rhonda Madrid in to adding this to her collection? Would probably sell like crazy, especially going into the holiday season. 😂😹😂
50CBD363-14C6-4DF8-888E-BEF708631459.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Why do they want to teach every life skill except for potty training and hygiene which are the most important things she should be learning right now.
Because Asshat has the narrative that Abbie is a high school graduate who will be independent and working... and potty training has not been an issue. The humps dont realize Abbie is basically a 17 year old toddler.

I wouldn't say they are teaching her to feed the cat... she will still need to be prompted for every single step. and will never do this on her own.. and possibly eat the cat food as well if given the chance...

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Seems like it. I think I remember Pig boasted about being left handed. I wouldn't put it past her to demand Asa to break Abbie of using her left hand, because that is Piggys unique southern Belle trait which she simply cannot share with her daughter she's embarrassed of.
You took the words out of my mouth. Pig is left handed and if Abbie is left handed then she even more resembles her mother. Big p is so ashamed she’s looking all around while they are buying that hose like oh god come on this is torture. She’s been quick to say this is short term, SHE DOESNT WANT TO BE INVOLVED. They literally said so years ago. She handles the paperwork asa handles the parenting. You know this teacher quitting is her worst nightmare for her which I am so here for. When asa took Abbie in to introduce herself to big p while she was on live she looked mortified. Didn’t mind the fact she looked like an oversized who from grinch land in curlers. Abbie pulls up a chair and she’s all oh ok your pulling up a chair looking at asa like tf you doing messing with me while I’m working🤣🤣 Of course Abbie hits every button but the right one and big ps just floundering no clue what to say 🤦🏼‍♀️ she can’t be bothered it’s obvious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I honestly don't think Abbie will ever be capable of being toilet trained or be able to bather herself. I think she will need assistance on that for the rest of her life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Abbie is never going to get the concept that she is taking care of an animal because she feeds the animal. WTF is Piggy even talking about this is why they have Abbie feed the damn cat? You have Abbie feed the cat for content you bleeping fool. I'm so sick of these lies and false bullshit crap these 2 are spewing.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Because Asshat has the narrative that Abbie is a high school graduate who will be independent and working... and potty training has not been an issue. The humps dont realize Abbie is basically a 17 year old toddler.

I wouldn't say they are teaching her to feed the cat... she will still need to be prompted for every single step. and will never do this on her own.. and possibly eat the cat food as well if given the chance...
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum as i'm high functioning so I can be independent and get a job at some point. They are only teaching her how to do things not because they think they are things that she needs to know they are doing it primarily to use as content.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
This is where I am on board with DCP's assessment on Abbie's awareness. I believe that she knows when people are kind to her and when they are not. Her demeanor is so different with Lurch and Dickdo's parents, both sets of them compared with the users. This poor girl can't articulate what does and doesn't want and has to be so frustrated when she is forced into "performing". Can you imagine being trapped in your body like Abbie is, when she does not have loving primary people surrounding her? It just breaks my heart.
Even though I am not a fan of Summer and her friends when Abbie is with them she is smiling and happy. They are not constantly making her perform like a trained puppy! You can just see the difference in that girl...
But keep that creepy Guillermo guy away from her. He is not appropriate and she could not say anything if things went wrong!
Anyone else notice that new "smile" thing she does! Cilla even posted the pictures. It is very odd and kinda creepy looking. Wonder who taught her that...🤔😵💫😳

They confuse Abbie so much. Multiple times now they say, "Say hello." She does her hello/comewithme/goodbye/ wave (hello). They tell her, "No, use your iPad."

At least say, "Right! Now can you also do it on your iPad?" Or just, you know....be happy she did exactly what you told her to do.

It's like....they did sort of a poor job, but they got to her to use modified sign language for a few things. Now they're on some kick about using the iPad, so now the sign language is downgraded. If she doesn't pick this up to their satisfaction, they'll go back to emphasizing the sign language, which she'll now be confused about because they tell her "no" when she uses it correctly.

I'm also curious about what the images are on her iPad for her name and hello/goodbye, the last two of which would be extremely hard to illustrate in a way that a ID child could understand. You're still basically requiring her to read, either by reading the words or by "reading" the images. It's the same concept--associate what you see with a word and in this case, an action. It's probably hard for her for the same reason reading, writing, and speech are impossible for her. Objects are easier than actions, which is probably why she's so good at "Dunkin' Donuts" or "cookies"--iconic logos and basic objects.

Then you've got "My name is X", which is an entirely different concept, neither an object nor an action. A picture of her does not seem to cut it for her--she does not associate a picture of her with "My name is Abigail" the way they want her to, and she can't form the connection between a picture and an introduction (or greeting for that matter.)

It's honestly terrible they're even trying to force her to say "hello" on the iPad. Signing "hello" is one of the few things she's actually capable of doing, and her way of doing it takes less effort than finding it on her tablet, and is also more natural.

Also, why are they making her say her name is "Abigail"? Been watching this channel for years, and 99% of the time they refer to her as "Abbie." You're dealing with a struggling ID person. Don't call her "Abbie" all day long and then expect her to say "Abigail." Also, the computer pronounces it "Abbie-gail." They call her "Ah-bih-gail." For a person like Abbie, this might be enough to completely confuse her.

Priscilla needs to get over herself and start pulling her weight with Abbie. Dealing with her is such a monumental task, it's shameful how she puts it all on Asa (who I don't even like, but seriously--it's her daughter, too, and also her golden goose, PATHETIC how she can't be bothered.)
Agree!!! The hand gestures/modified sign language are at least spontaneous the I pad not so much! So she does know what they are talking about to a degree! But why do they insist calling themselves Asa and Priscilla??? They are her parents and I am sure the golden boy does not call them anything other than Mom and Dad! So that is confusing to her too. That poor little brain can't hold all these contradictions..

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I cried uncle on tonight’s video along with so many others who threw in the towel. Really such blathering drivel. Imagine if Abbie has even a small amount of processing and emotional capability….what an awful way to live. Trapped inside your body and having to endure what she is subjected to.
No need to imagine it. It's not theoretical. She does have some processing and emotional capability. It's plain to see in pretty much every vlog.
She remembers people longer-term and responds to them; think of how she responds to Asa's stepdad even after not seeing him for a year.
She responds very differently to Priscilla compared to Asa. She's able to understand, to some degree, how each parent treats her over time and respond appropriately. There's a reason she only gets violent with her mother.
She's able to problem solve to, frankly, an impressive degree in some cases. She can distract Asa for the express purpose of grabbing the cookie that he's blocking her from. She can refuse to participate in a non-preferred activity like cutting celery by letting her hands go limp, but a moment later can use her hands pretty well on a preferred activity like stimming on paper or stacking that one ring toy. Being able to problem solve takes a level of mental processing ability.

Just keep that in mind when watching how Asa treats her for the vlogs. Think of how cruel he's actually being.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Those greetings are ridiculous. They give her like 10 chances so she's bound to get a couple right

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
You took the words out of my mouth. Pig is left handed and if Abbie is left handed then she even more resembles her mother. Big p is so ashamed she’s looking all around while they are buying that hose like oh god come on this is torture. She’s been quick to say this is short term, SHE DOESNT WANT TO BE INVOLVED. They literally said so years ago. She handles the paperwork asa handles the parenting. You know this teacher quitting is her worst nightmare for her which I am so here for. When asa took Abbie in to introduce herself to big p while she was on live she looked mortified. Didn’t mind the fact she looked like an oversized who from grinch land in curlers. Abbie pulls up a chair and she’s all oh ok your pulling up a chair looking at asa like tf you doing messing with me while I’m working🤣🤣 Of course Abbie hits every button but the right one and big ps just floundering no clue what to say 🤦🏼‍♀️ she can’t be bothered it’s obvious.

Those curlers were absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. Her saying she handles the paperwork is so bleeping lame. Honestly. Medicaid is renewed annually, and when we had any type of therapeutic services those were re-evaluated every 6 months. The paperwork side has not been such a huge deal that I default all the parenting to my husband. That notion is just bleeping ridiculous.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
She did better at this seven years ago, even though there was a few hand over hand moments.

It’s almost like if they had worked on those skills consistently, she’d be able to do them now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Those curlers were absolutely ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. Her saying she handles the paperwork is so bleeping lame. Honestly. Medicaid is renewed annually, and when we had any type of therapeutic services those were re-evaluated every 6 months. The paperwork side has not been such a huge deal that I default all the parenting to my husband. That notion is just bleeping ridiculous.
Paperwork can be a hassle for sure. Once you've got the diagnosis and services established, though, for like 1 week a year total it's a full time job. Medicaid/SSI, IEP, county services...I'm trying to think of what else...I think that's about it? A few times a year you have a stack of paperwork that can usually be done in several hours over a handful of days. Even if something goes wrong because you or the agency screwed something up it's not a 40 hour a week, 52 week a year situation.

I wonder if Asa ever figured that out. I mean, he was working at the garage a lot when they still had it. He wouldn't be there to see anything, and at a brief glance the stacks of papers involved can look horrifyingly overwhelming (even if you only need to deal with 2 sheets out of a 20 sheet packet kinda thing). Since she's always handled it, and seems to still be handling it, he'd still have no real idea. Maybe he doesn't actually know that Priscilla is lying about the paperwork, admin work, general non-parenting work involved with a special needs kid. He might actually believe her!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Thread Suggestion:
Fathering Autism #139 A Ain't a Teacher, Sure Ain't a Preacher but Big P Fo Sho is a Spam Skinned Creature.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.