Father of Daughters #41 Is it Glen, or is it Sly? You can’t fool us, no matter how hard you try

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bloke is a complete moron if he thinks anything he says is in any way funny. the idiot might have known his password if he just did whatever his job is and not dicked around setting up his phone, drone or camera to capture the 'moment'.

I can't help but wonder if his 'little women' will grow up to be as self absorbed as fodnEy.🤔🤑

Reactions: 12
He’s buying them in small doses so it doesn’t flag to brands when they check his social data - the thing is looking at social blade’s free tier it’s possible to massage those numbers, tho his engagement is shocking, but big brands have access to paid packages that look at it to a fine grain and can even assess the quality of your followers - eg what % have a recently made account, under 100 followers or under 20 posts, all of these things are standard ad industry benchmarks for partnerships.

I know it’s only £20 every few weeks but they’d be better off putting it in a NS&I for the girls because this’ll flag them as a no go sooner than their shocking google results.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
He’s buying them in small doses so it doesn’t flag to brands when they check his social data - the thing is looking at social blade’s free tier it’s possible to massage those numbers, tho his engagement is shocking, but big brands have access to paid packages that look at it to a fine grain and can even assess the quality of your followers - eg what % have a recently made account, under 100 followers or under 20 posts, all of these things are standard ad industry benchmarks for partnerships.

I know it’s only £20 every few weeks but they’d be better off putting it in a NS&I for the girls because this’ll flag them as a no go sooner than their shocking google results.
I was just going to say his engagement stat must have come right down. Don’t brands look at this in conjunction with followers to get an idea of fake/bot accounts?

Reactions: 5
Has anyone looked at the Gas & Air ltd accounts on Companies House? Their recently submitted accounts show an average of three employees for year end 31 December 2019. Three salaries going somewhere. But a nice fat corporation tax payable within the year.

If he's spent, say, at least £20 a month on buying followers and comments in order to "attract brands", then those three ugly af Christmas baubles last year cost him a minimum of £240 :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Has anyone looked at the Gas & Air ltd accounts on Companies House? Their recently submitted accounts show an average of three employees for year end 31 December 2019. Three salaries going somewhere. But a nice fat corporation tax payable within the year.
only three salaries? are they classing the twins as one employee? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh no the twins won't be employees. They are probably classed as interested bystanders. Probably salaries for Clementine and Simon as they are directors. There's a multitude of guesses about the other.

That would make them a twofor 😁

Reactions: 2
Oh no the twins won't be employees. They are probably classed as interested bystanders. Probably salaries for Clementine and Simon as they are directors. There's a multitude of guesses about the other.
Swim tittie tomcat?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think I've picked up their old home address in London in the incorporation documents. 4 bed 2 bath 2 reception. Zoopla says it was sold in 2017 for approx 785k.

Swim tittie tomcat?
Anything to suggest they ever had a nanny?
The company is classed as "media representation services". Kind of ironic.

Also in their recent accounts they have taken into consideration the impact of covid on business and have said their company is still a going concern. To be fair it is a requirement and a standard accounting phrase, it's not a point they are personally trying to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Oh he’s been buying in small batches forEVER but that only serves to make it look like he’s not losing 500+ a day, but first Tuesday of the month he gets his bot money off Glen and has a big splurge - so it does show on his stats as a huge influx. Or do you think she’s bought him a monthly subscription for his birthday? 😂😂

You know this area better than most HTRIA and I love it when you point out that companies can easily do a bit of due diligence and see perfectly clearly that he’s been fudging his following! It’s a beautiful thing and long may his mates £3.50 free cup cakes continue 😜😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hadn't realised they had filed their accounts back in August. Went to have a look, and interestingly they have shortened their year end from March '20 to December '19. They did this in May 20. Maybe to lessen the impact on the figures of Clemiegate? Didn't that happen around the end of 2019? But anyway:
- They hadn't paid their £37k corporation tax bill from 31/03/19 by 31/12/19.
- They're now owed £673 by HMRC for corporation tax, so the company seems to have made a small loss in the 9 months to 31/12/19. (Not sure why, as they were still riding high in 2019 weren't they? Unless they claimed an absolute shitload of "expenses" perhaps. Or got companies to pay them directly rather than the company, but that would be less tax efficient. Or brands stopped paying so much actual cash and just gave freebies, compared to 2018?)
- Clemmie owed the company £8k at 31/12/19 (this was likely repaid by her taking a dividend).
- Cash was down from £226k to £141k. This would be due to them taking dividends.
- If I had to guess, based on the corporation tax due back I'd say they took about £81k of dividends (personal income) between them.

I imagine the 3rd employee might be someone who was employed to manage social media comments? But not sure why they would have needed this person before Glen's fuckup.

Edit: looked back at the 31/03/19 accounts which were for a year.
- Profits were likely around £195k
- The money they took out of the company was likely £147k. So they took less in the period to Dec 19 (after taking into consideration it was a 9 month period)

I doubt their company is ever going to make money again so after collecting their debtors and paying their creditors they will have about £107k to take out of it and then that's it. Good thing Sly is already rolling up his sleeves for DIY in preparation of this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I hadn't realised they had filed their accounts back in August. Went to have a look, and interestingly they have shortened their year end from March '20 to December '19. They did this in May 20. Maybe to lessen the impact on the figures of Clemiegate? Didn't that happen around the end of 2019? But anyway:
- They hadn't paid their £37k corporation tax bill from 31/03/19 by 31/12/19.
- They're now owed £673 by HMRC for corporation tax, so the company seems to have made a small loss in the 9 months to 31/12/19. (Not sure why, as they were still riding high in 2019 weren't they? Unless they claimed an absolute shitload of "expenses" perhaps. Or got companies to pay them directly rather than the company, but that would be less tax efficient. Or brands stopped paying so much actual cash and just gave freebies, compared to 2018?)
- Clemmie owed the company £8k at 31/12/19 (this was likely repaid by her taking a dividend).
- Cash was down from £226k to £141k. This would be due to them taking dividends.
- If I had to guess, based on the corporation tax due back I'd say they took about £81k of dividends (personal income) between them.

I imagine the 3rd employee might be someone who was employed to manage social media comments? But not sure why they would have needed this person before Glen's fuckup.

Edit: looked back at the 31/03/19 accounts which were for a year.
- Profits were likely around £195k
- The money they took out of the company was likely £147k. So they took less in the period to Dec 19 (after taking into consideration it was a 9 month period)

I doubt their company is ever going to make money again so after collecting their debtors and paying their creditors they will have about £107k to take out of it and then that's it. Good thing Sly is already rolling up his sleeves for DIY in preparation of this.
That is a brilliant response, thank you, I can understand what you said! One quick question, if brands pay in goods/services rather than money, is that not liable somehow for tax?

You're very welcome. I'm afraid the answer is I don't know. I think it is a grey area as far as HMRC is concerned. In theory yes, payment in kind should be declared on the tax return. However HMRC are not going to come round and see your 2 Miele washing machine/tumble driers and slap you with a penalty, whereas they might decide to look at your bank account for any undeclared income. They are not even going to look on your instagram account to see what you've been gifted (and that's if influencers admit it is gifted). It just isn't feasible. It does piss me off because there are so many influencers that live a lifestyle they could in no way afford if they had to earn the money and pay tax on it before buying things. It's like having a whole other tax free salary. I do think it's morally wrong, because like you say they are still being paid, they are just avoiding (evading?) tax.

Reactions: 7
He is back on HOH, tagging Farrow & Ball again 🙄. Noticed he hasn't tagged Herringbone in it though. And shame about the leaky roof.

Do you think he will be on asking for recommendations on who can fix the leaky roof?

Sly, you can't get your leaky roof fixed for free or discounted. Don't be a tight bleep.

And wtf is that print.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
He is back on HOH, tagging Farrow & Ball again 🙄. Noticed he hasn't tagged Herringbone in it though. And shame about the leaky roof.

Do you think he will be on asking for recommendations on who can fix the leaky roof?

Sly, you can't get your leaky roof fixed for free or discounted. Don't be a tight bleep.

And wtf is that print.
My other half would be seriously unimpressed if I got him something like that for Christmas/birthday. I also find it very bland just filling a home with mass produced prints rather than personal photos, slightly more thoughtful or original art, or literally anything with some personal meaning.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
“The colour is almost an exact match to the walls which are painted in @farrow&ball cinder rose”

In what Fuxking universe are those two pinks anywhere near similar never mind matching? The print is like a tit 1980’s neon pink tutu (possibly even more orange than pink) and the walls are like the floors in a Barbies dream house! I’m not even exaggerating!

Nice way to shoehorn a f&b non Ad Glen Sly - although nice to see the kitchen bedroom central island 👌

EFA5BA90-9FC7-4CFA-8AEC-AC02B29FE26C.jpeg

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
“The colour is almost an exact match to the walls which are painted in @farrow&ball cinder rose”

In what Fuxking universe are those two pinks anywhere near similar never mind matching? The print is like a tit 1980’s neon pink tutu (possibly even more orange than pink) and the walls are like the floors in a Barbies dream house! I’m not even exaggerating!

Nice way to shoehorn a f&b non Ad Glen Sly - although nice to see the kitchen bedroom central island 👌

View attachment 375345
What is going on with that mustard coloured sofa/chair facing the frosted window...great view!

• Haha
Oh my god what a bunch of liars!! Clemmie twit no fringe did not buy that for him for Christmas she just ordered a generic print online and added it to her weird kitchen dressing room for content for their ‘refurb’ project.
Imagine him opening that on Christmas Day 🤣🤣🤣 it didn’t happen!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.