Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The quality of finish on Strawtop is impressive, but on a business sense it is so wrong. I have helped design rental home interiors with their owners and also helped with their main homes and it is so interesting seeing the difference between the quality of finish for their rental and their own home that they live in everyday. There are lots of things that is lovely at Strawtop, but so many things are silly unless they will be there a few times a week for maintenance.

Pros include the Dyson fans in the bedrooms and hair tools, luxurious finish in the kitchen and the dining/living room, good quality furniture and lots of classic pieces that will last for years and style updates. A bit OTT for a rental cottage but no-doubt a high nightly rate will be charged to make up for it.

Cons are: No TV is the worst of it all!! This is in England and they want people to come during the winter when the dark evenings are long and not let them entertain themselves?? only a board game/book which doesn't work for young kids etc. also, not everyone wants to go out all evening, every evening, lovely idea but not practical. Ditto all the potted plants, who is going to water them?? That 'boot room' cushion fabric will be ruined after one muddy walk and a dirt splattered coat. Beautiful fabric, but so dirt prone being a light linen. Any non-wipeable fabric that is often touched (curtains, cushions, sofas, chairs, bedspreads etc) will show wear within the year unless they have super clean guests. This isn't rocket science, but this is somewhat style over substance.

I really love the cottage and if they were living there full time I would be sure it would be okay long term but there are different principles for rental homes that I just hope guests will keep clean.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Easy Bake

Oh the irony! Josie mentioned several times that she, "just can't tolerate ads on youtube!" LOL :p :p:p

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25

alethia

I think she mentioned when they first moved in that they were woken up by the church bells which ring from 4 am onward!!! 🤣 I think the romance of them would die pretty quickly for me.... I find it weird that she's never gone to check out the church though - even out of curiosity.

She really seems in some sort of manic buy mode for the last few months. Like she can't stop or go a day without buying something. Compulsive spender, as was said here. Most of the titles of her videos alone contain something about hauls, or shopping, or purchases. And the ones without that are still filled with ad after ad. Remember when HAUL was a word with a negative association? It's a disgusting word of excess, but everyone seems to love it now.

So much for lockdowns and pandemics actually changing anything about these people and this industry....
I live in the village, the church bells ring every hour to tell the time but they also play a hymn at 9:00, 12:00, 4:00 and 6:00 am and pm (you often here the 6:00 in the insta stories). Additionally since the reduction in COVID restrictions the bell ringers have restarted practicing on a Wednesday evening and also ring on Sunday as a call to church. When Josie got overly emotional about a “wedding“ this was the Sunday morning call to church. The bells are something that people in the village are proud of, the hymns are a very old carillon and there are only a handful of churches in the country which now have this and we have a lot more bells than most churches in the area and used to have bell ringing groups come over to ring the bells.

You always get city people moving to the country and complain about the bells ringing (alongside hearing the sheep/cows in the fields 🙄) Some even try to get them stopped. To me it’s part of normal life and you often forget about them. I also think if you don’t like country life then why not move back to the city.

• Heart

klady

VIP Member
I just saw Josie in Chanel in selfridges in Manchester. After she left I heard the girls that work there saying they’d given her a deal but it wasn’t good enough for her so she didn’t buy the bag she’d asked them to get out
Josiefiend, you never know who’s in the store with you. Excellent work, Tattler 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Racist Josie on the beg for Chanel, couldn’t afford it, OH WELL🤷‍♀️
⬆ ⬆ ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆ Please, please, please can this be the next title? Or, I’m sure better titles will come then, we’ll put this little nugget in the recap. Also, I can just imagine the smugness she must have shown as she refused the sale clerks offer😱

• Heart
  • Haha

NomDePlume

VIP Member
Passive aggressive cow.

View attachment 662559

Corrected your caption for you daahling.

View attachment 662561
Here we have the wannabe aristocrat'' Josefiend, who does"luncheon" my dahlings but does not know how to spell Lavender correctly. Oh my!

I don't think the relationship is healthy... He continually talks over her tells her she is wrong... She has to ask him before buying something he tells her her design ideas are wrong... He buys things with out measuring if they fit... And that green room study with all those country 'squire' jackets just looks messy.... He is actually everything I or my friends have ever said is wrong about a partner... Write a list of the worst qualities... He ticks them all... He has a shed that's more a vanity project and the gym is everything that puts me off going to a gym... So masculine... Pretentious the dogs are the best bit... But even they seem to be staying clear of them atm.
Wonder if when the cottage is finished they'll buy another property for content...?

Thankfully I have never experienced his twitter or channel....

Maybe they were faux ones purchased as a gift from Chaz... I think his gifts to her are cheap
Charlie is a very irritating mansplaining dolt, but she does not ask his permission to do anything. She does/buys what she wants when she wants and how she wants! He is annoying because he always yacks away but she is the devious manipulating one. She deliberately manipulates her ever-ready-to-defend audience to get her way in whatever current disagreement they have about decor/garden/relationship.

One does not settle scores in your relationship by editing in personal details to deliberately make your partner look bad. Charles is a bloody idiot of note with the incessant talking, but you do not see him trying to make a fool of her as she does with him.

He is often complimentary about her eg. saying how hard she works etc. but all she does is make him look stupid in order for herself to look better. He also is quick to jump to her defence. I don't see her doing the same for him. In her Thursday 16 July vlog, she is hugely peeved about the fact that he got injured. She couldn't do her recipe and it interfered with her plans. She didn't even seem concerned about the fact that he injured himself. All she said was, she had fed the dogs already, so basically how dare he unnecessary go and inconvenience her. She showed no sympathy or any real concern, just annoyance. When she had her 'robbery' experience Charlie drove with her mother to fetch her as she needed the big fuss and attention for her audience.

They are in this miserable relationship and they both deserve each other. She wanted him to do full-time social media so she has someone to boss around and he tags along happily on the benefits of her freebies, so a match made in heaven, except not! Don't be fooled by the basket-carrying Little Bo Peep. Underneath the facade, I suspect a choice personality disorder.

Last edited:
  • Heart

klady

VIP Member
Welcome to Thread #24

Josie wears ugly floral dresses. She’s a fashion influencer, but her style says otherwise🤷‍♀️ Her channel is like watching unwanted items on QVC. She’ll flog anything for money. Then, she sells the gifted items on eBay. Her fiancé, Charlie, doesn’t know how to stop talking. He mansplains EVERYTHING. Josie’s teeth are huge - you can’t miss them! Josie is a racist, although she’s deleted her racist tweets. To see the racist tweets go to thread #23, post #918. Thanks to @lanathebest for capturing and saving these!

Title suggestion by moi, @klady

A64CEB75-9933-40EC-932D-3A4C611EE7CC.jpeg

Correction the thanks goes to @PettyBettyBoop. I’ve asked admin to correct. I apologize 🤗

Last edited:
  • Heart

Hass

Chatty Member
So the vlog today is about them getting the cottage ready for their first guests. Question for the group - They seem to be putting a lot of expensive things into the rental cottage. I am not used to this - rather I would see a rental cottage getting "nice things" - say from Homesense, etc. But I would not be putting in things that I would have in my own home. The purpose of this rental cottage is to make money - hence keep your expenses low, rental bookings high, mortgage paid off and then some extra as profit.
Just seems strange to me - as though they are not keeping their eye on the prize.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

motherofglitter

I haven't seen the newest video yet but I HATE THIS MANIFESTING CRAP SO MUCH. Apologies for yelling but I really, really hate it. It's so culty and weird and pyramid-schemey.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Hass

Chatty Member
She made the beds without putting a mattress protector on - ummm - this is weird because all types of strangers will be staying there and she just paid for a new mattress?

Nespresso pods - there must be 24 of them - if I were staying at the cottage even if I only drank 2 cups of coffee a day I would take the rest home with me (its like taking home small shampoo sets from the bathroom in a hotel). What are they thinking - that no one will take them?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

Shihtzu

Chatty Member
Wow groundbreaking content tonight . Showing us all her free Zimmerman dresses & then casually tells a story about a white corset dress she returned to Selfridges who wouldn't give her a refund because it had makeup on it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. She then goes on to say if anybody would like to buy it please contact her !!!!!! More bloody shilling.
Your a real low life Josie.

• Haha
  • Wow
The only man I accept weird Disney obsession from is Chris Evans. Charlie is not -contrary to his belief-anywhere near that standard.

Edit: I may have got a bit carried away here

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Allexie01

VIP Member
I think he did it though. Because many times Ive noticed that after lunch he's bloated (as we all are, and it's natural and should happen during digestion) yet you see some bloating and abs.... usualyl with people who have abs yes they bloat as well after lunch but the abs are less visible, Im so sure he had abs surgery, it looks awful. Reason why anytime theres a lil bit of sun he goes shirtless.

Charlie never laughs, hes always in a serious mood, Josie tellin him in a joking way that maybe after doing this skin test he'll realize how important it is to put sunscreen on his forehead
His reaction
View attachment 686374
He always seems to have an air of suppressed rage about him….as if he is constantly annoyed and irritated by everything and everyone.

• Haha
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Apparently the first guests are Lydia Millen and her hubby as thats the only Cotswold cottage she'll get to stay in. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Hungarianka

VIP Member
I started watching her videos at the start of the pandemic because I was bored and enjoyed them, however, I think that was also mainly due to boredom and being in lockdown. I stopped watching her months ago but in the early days I could see a nasty side to her, racist. She didn't even address the George Floyd killing and black lives matter when most vloggers were. She is the most boring content maker and ridicules Charlie at every opportunity. As for the clothing hauls, I'm not interested. Charity shops have some great pieces and which I have purchased. Recycling is the way forward not fast fashion.
At the time she did do a several post story on it. Used a black square too in her feed. She stated she made mistakes or something and she had to be re-educated on the issue or something. I’m vague because I can’t remember word for word but she did acknowledge it some degree. I’m not defending her but fairs fair she did however was it sufficient? In short no. What she should have done was acknowledge that she had made racist comments and tweets. Put her hands up to it and said she was stupid and youthful or whatever excuse she would feel that exonerates her from it which lets be honest is inexcusable. I think if she had admitted to it she could be potentially inviting prosecution by confessing. She should have been prosecuted for it. It’s in hard format and sadly people have been for less than that. Racists are nothing but pieces of shit that should be dealt with criminally. If it’s not dealt with the world will end up like Nazi Germany again and other nations that have committed genocide allowing racism to get to that point. She is in the collective so to speak by writing Tweets like that which potentially could end up like that. Very nasty woman she is and very stupid too for all her proclamations of her so called intelligence. I’ve said it once I’ll say it again either she is all that or she’s not all there in the mind. I’ve often wondered that by her choices in life, she seems either way not somebody with integrity, compassion or scruples by own admissions. Ask yourself this ….

1. Has she ever been kind on camera when it hasn’t involved money or benefitting herself?
2. Has she ever been compassionate on camera? Ie when Charles was ill and she destroyed the house with her purple shampoo running down the walls
3. Has she ever been kind and gracious about others? When it hasn’t gone her way? Ie the former owner or the farmer
4. Has she ever treated workmen with respect? Offering them refreshments or staying out of their personal space (Peloton vlog) or claiming they don’t speak English as well as she thinks they should (removal men) claiming they eye her up (any man that works there)
5. Has she ever abided by the law regarding Lockdown for instance. That remains to be a very contentious issue. Having people to stay and claiming they are ghosts when they can be seen crawling out of sight.

I could go on but ask yourself that. Is she the very best she can portray herself?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

cowsgomoo

I can't believe anyone buys the skincare Josie flogs when she literally looks like a sun-dried tomato in her latest video.

Am I missing something - like is she ill? She doesn't even look sunburnt, that's how crazy it is to me. Her skin all over looks so splotchy and uneven and burnt, like she absorbed 20 years of radiation in her one trip to Ibiza.

• Haha

Juliexyzz

Seriously, every time I hear an influencer use the word "manifest" I switch off immediately.
Busbee style did a video on manifesting. I didn't watch. I simply unsubscribed and never watched her again. The whole idea just insults my intelligence. I'm all for being positive ( if you can ) and working to reach your goals but not making it into a silly fairy tale and hiding simple greed behind it all.
Never heard them manifest peace in the world or cure for cancer .

Busbee style did a video on manifesting. I didn't watch. I simply unsubscribed and never watched her again. The whole idea just insults my intelligence. I'm all for being positive ( if you can ) and working to reach your goals but not making it into a silly fairy tale and hiding simple greed behind it all.
Never heard them manifest world peace or a cure for cancer .

• Heart

Nikki_

I saw the new video pop-up as a notification and the thumb mail freaked me out I swear I thought it was a video about an old lady or smth!!! 😭

IMG_20210817_220715.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

straw-berry

i have noticed that every time Freddy is around, Josie starts acting as a clown, goofy, silly, awkward! In my opinion, this doesn't happen just because she feels comfortable but she tries hard to draw attention. She has the complex of inferiority because Freddy is taller, prettier, younger and it's difficult for her to accept it. Poor girls, life gets so miserable if you are not confident in your own skin. Both of them remind me of teenagers, the pretty ones who feel entitled and they never try hard for anything, and others, who try to compete them by being funny all the time.

• Haha