Fashion Mumblr #24 Racist Josie in an ugly floral dress, mansplaining Charlie what a mess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know... Unless it's not all owned... So I think they have a London property, and 2 in Cotswolds....?... Maybe they no longer own London one...?.. Also perhaps her mother owns the coach house... Or they charge her rent....?... It is strange that Freddy and Victoria have way more followers and don't seem to have so much disposable powers... Freddy admits to sending lots of the clothes back.... Victoria does lots of paid partnerships/limited editions.... Selling clothes jewellery....i would have thought she had more earning power than sohoJo....
Josie (and partially Charlesplainer) promote everything they get their grubby hands on, believe me, she is loaded. Add the YT ad-revenue to that.
Monroe Steele is a full-time influencer for two or so years now, and she buys herself expensive af luxury bags and shoes (every other clothes are gifted), pays rent for a flat in NY, her place in Miami and bought herself a property in Miami. The most time she goes out to eat. She also would flog her granny, if she could, just like Josie.
Don't underestimate what those dumb brands pay for advertisement.

1626559537337.png

So dishonest how she is, she keeps her accounts low, to pay minimum tax. I am sure she owns more. But I don't know the tax laws in the UK, and if her personal accounts are connected to her business account. It's registered as micro company. Don't know what this means tax wise.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
She had mortgage docs when she moved in, so there must be some mortgage somewhere. If she sold her house for, say, £1.2m and her mother sold her property and contributed to the Rectory price of £1.8m and there's still a mortgage then there must be a surfeit of cash around somewhere I suppose.

ETA - sorry this was probably discussed on here at the time...
It was however you’ve raised a very big and valid question and the fact it keeps getting reiterated denotes that it is an issue and one that many aren’t buying her explanation or lack of. Now that said it’s nobody’s business who owns what however if she is stiffing her audience or the tax man then it does become an issue and one she will have an impossible task of talking out of it. She relies implicitly on her audience to pay her bills, will that continue if dishonesty and deceit is the driving force to her so called success?! Ali Express dresses, numerous phony eBay accounts etc etc

Reactions: 11
I don't really care how anyone makes a living, fair play to them. But how on earth is she affording all this property, car and home/garden renovation stuff? I must be naïve about an influencer's income streams, can anyone enlighten me?
I'm baffled by that too. In America if someone has what she has then you would be a multimillionaire 10 times over. Where does her money come from ? Mama dearest is the cash cow, it's not so incidental that she lives on the property, I think she plays a much larger role and potentially the only one who can reign her daughter in when necessary, also, I wonder if she keeps a close eye on Chucky. All of that property IM0 is mom's and mom enables and sets a scene for her daughter to play make believe. I don't think Chucky is on any of the legal and financial documents as they are not married which makes me wonder what he, if any, brings to the financial table.

I'm baffled by that too. In America if someone has what she has then you would be a multimillionaire 10 times over. Where does her money come from ? Mama dearest is the cash cow, it's not so incidental that she lives on the property, I think she plays a much larger role and potentially the only one who can reign her daughter in when necessary, also, I wonder if she keeps a close eye on Chucky. All of that property IM0 is mom's and mom enables and sets a scene for her daughter to play make believe. I don't think Chucky is on any of the legal and financial documents as they are not married which makes me wonder what he, if any, brings to the financial table.
I still think the property is owned in 1/3 making Josie and her mom 2/3 owners of the property.
I also wouldn’t be surprised she has some sort of Trust.

As much as the property manager does less than the pups, his ADs on IG have to bring in some stupid amount of money.

Josie (and partially Charlesplainer) promote everything they get their grubby hands on, believe me, she is loaded. Add the YT ad-revenue to that.
Monroe Steele is a full-time influencer for two or so years now, and she buys herself expensive af luxury bags and shoes (every other clothes are gifted), pays rent for a flat in NY, her place in Miami and bought herself a property in Miami. The most time she goes out to eat. She also would flog her granny, if she could, just like Josie.
Don't underestimate what those dumb brands pay for advertisement.

View attachment 667662

So dishonest how she is, she keeps her accounts low, to pay minimum tax. I am sure she owns more. But I don't know the tax laws in the UK, and if her personal accounts are connected to her business account. It's registered as micro company. Don't know what this means tax wise.
I work in tax.

Companies are badged according to turnover, so her turnover is low enough that she is classed as a micro company. Her profit and loss account isn't available which would tell us how how much money she took in and her profit for the year. Micro just means there's less available to the public because it's not some big company that the public are interested in.

As it's a small company, she'll probs have a directors loan account where she basically 'loans' herself money from the company, there are tax rules surrounding this though.

Funny thing is at end of last year companies house started strike off action against her company because the accounts were late, if she did nothing, the government would have seized the company assets/money!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I get that much of what goes into the properties are gifted items /services they talk themselves into getting and the outings/holidays are free/paid promos... Its all the properties... Unless maybe they have a silent partner... Maybe someone at soho House/farmhouse.. She is constantly promoting soho brands.... And that's strange for an 'exclusive' club to be so heavily promoted... Almost weekly YT and daily on Instagram...??... Just my thoughts...

I still think the property is owned in 1/3 making Josie and her mom 2/3 owners of the property.

As much as the property manager does less than the pups, his ADs on IG have to bring in some stupid amount of money.
Well maybe he needs to work harder to get Jojo a soho greenhouse... She's been 'saving' /manifesting one for a long time... 😜

I think if Jojo had a Trust it would be well known... Miss now I'm going to teach you etiquette would 'drop' it into videos.... She'd have a drama about having to meet the manager.. Or what to do with money... She'd definitely use it to set herself above her competitors... And viewers...i don't think her family had that much money... But I think they were working class comfortable... Also do you know that if a partner on some mortgages dies the mortgage is cleared/paid off/ leaving the surviving partner mortgage free. Perhaps dad and LL had that type of mortgage... When he died... She couldve been mortgage free in a large property... Downsized?... Its a horrible thing and those I know in that situation would rather have their partners 😢

She had mortgage docs when she moved in, so there must be some mortgage somewhere. If she sold her house for, say, £1.2m and her mother sold her property and contributed to the Rectory price of £1.8m and there's still a mortgage then there must be a surfeit of cash around somewhere I suppose.

ETA - sorry this was probably discussed on here at the time...
Ah so that might be wha they used for the rental cottage... And the Chiswick property is supposed to be being rented.. Chaz parents' home in Windsor would also have a good sell on value... But I don't think they have contributed or fund them in any way... I still think inthefrow has more subscribers/viewers so surely gets more income from YT?... And actual partnersships with companies... But seems to live a less flamboyant lifestyle... Well on camera at least...

View attachment 667685
Maybe Robin would grab something that isn't a latte glass and spell rosé correctly
Oh those nails growing out again... 🤢

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I must give her credit though - without being near proprietary or having some special trait - other than looking 20 years older than she is - she managed to somehow make enough money and have followers for whatever reason unknown to me. To me, she is just a mystery 😀😀
When I used to watch her, Charlie mentioned that the majority of her followers were from the USA. I think also she may have inherited money and her mother has given her money towards the Coach House. She gets her team to sell all gifted stuff on eBay. I don't like her because I believe she is a racist and doesn't appreciate being around people of colour or people where English is not their first language. Her vlogs are not accurate of British life in the Cotswolds. We don't speak or behave like Josie in any manner at all. She is on another planet.

Reactions: 19
When I used to watch her, Charlie mentioned that the majority of her followers were from the USA. I think also she may have inherited money and her mother has given her money towards the Coach House. She gets her team to sell all gifted stuff on eBay. I don't like her because I believe she is a racist and doesn't appreciate being around people of colour or people where English is not their first language. Her vlogs are not accurate of British life in the Cotswolds. We don't speak or behave like Josie in any manner at all. She is on another planet.
She does have an American following, I for one am not a fan. That said, I wish she would have some respect and acknowledged her American followers by converting metrics /centigrade etc. I have zero knowledge of how many pounds are equivalent to dollars we use in the US. When speaking of the weather we use Fahrenheit vs Celsius system, so I am clueless as to what it's doing outside.

First world issues, but, if she is building and buying expensive property with hopes to rent, it would be considerate for her to know and understand that the majority of Americans should be taken into account and translate into American dollars etc. It's disrespectful 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She does have an American following, I for one am not a fan. That said, I wish she would have some respect and acknowledged her American followers by converting metrics /centigrade etc. I have zero knowledge of how many pounds are equivalent to dollars we use in the US. When speaking of the weather we use Fahrenheit vs Celsius system, so I am clueless as to what it's doing outside.

First world issues, but, if she is building and buying expensive property with hopes to rent, it would be considerate for her to know and understand that the majority of Americans should be taken into account and translate into American dollars etc. It's disrespectful 😒
I think that would require her to have some knowledge and maybe plan/research what she is going to say... Or pause vlog and find out to tell you.. But given that she got Sir Winston Churchill's name wrong such comprehension might be beyond her skills. I watch Milabu and she always/mostly tells people how much she paid for the products she is testing...
On another note... Have you tried the pots she she was advertising?

The majority of Americans don’t live the way she does. Not through lack of hard work I hasten to add. She’s appealing to WASPs nobody else as she knows that’s the way she’ll put in the punters and make her coin in her dillusional ignorant mind.

I think that would require her to have some knowledge and maybe plan/research what she is going to say... Or pause vlog and find out to tell you.. But given that she got Sir Winston Churchill's name wrong such comprehension might be beyond her skills. I watch Milabu and she always/mostly tells people how much she paid for the products she is testing...
On another note... Have you tried the pots she she was advertising?
My sister lives in Oregon and bought some then ended up putting them in the bin very good at first then they damage very easily

I get the impression she views the residents of the area as "props." They are simply the backdrop to her show. She never speaks about any people she runs into from the area unless they are in her service (some nice gardening lady and service providers). You don't hear her saying she is having the neighbors over or that they have been invited to any local events. Have they even made a local friend in the year plus they have lived there?
I have a feeling the local people are not that keen on her. The locals are genuine hard working country people. Racist Josie and her puppet Charlie are wannabes and failing miserably. I stopped watching her vlogs when she had the cheek to post a vlog about etiquette and jog our memories on how to behave and use cutlery in restaurants for when we come out of the first lock down. Really?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have a feeling the local people are not that keen on her. The locals are genuine hard working country people. Racist Josie and her puppet Charlie are wannabes and failing miserably. I stopped watching her vlogs when she had the cheek to post a vlog about etiquette and jog our memories on how to behave and use cutlery in restaurants for when we come out of the first lock down. Really?
Oh yes I agree.. I often think they hide from them when they see loud Interesting point Chaz (the male hyacinth bucket) entering... I saw a vlog when he was telling us that he had been advising a business man in how to market his business.... They are the sort that give incomers a bad name... I bet they don't engage in community life unless it is to get something free...ahe goes on about all her harvest... Bet she hasn't considered giving any to any of the locals or asked the vicar if they know a family in need....

Oh yes that was funny especially since I noticed a few times Charlie's eating habits less than cultured.

Reactions: 14
Wow groundbreaking content tonight . Showing us all her free Zimmerman dresses & then casually tells a story about a white corset dress she returned to Selfridges who wouldn't give her a refund because it had makeup on it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. She then goes on to say if anybody would like to buy it please contact her !!!!!! More bloody shilling.
Your a real low life Josie.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Oh my god I just woke up from my nap. I had started watching one of her more recent flogs and accidentally fell asleep!

In my defense it was an hour long and the most interesting thing to happen was Charlie cutting his hand. It was weird how annoyed she was with him! Wasn't like he did it on purpose. Ease up lady!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
View attachment 667685
Maybe Robin would grab something that isn't a latte glass and spell rosé correctly
Haha it actually looks like an old fashion urine specimen receptacl
Wow groundbreaking content tonight . Showing us all her free Zimmerman dresses & then casually tells a story about a white corset dress she returned to Selfridges who wouldn't give her a refund because it had makeup on it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. She then goes on to say if anybody would like to buy it please contact her !!!!!! More bloody shilling.
Your a real low life Josie.
😂🤣🤔Yes having found this site and reading about the ebay zimmerman dupe debacle... I felt as if she was trolling TL.... Posts... The corset style dresses reminds me of that woman from RHONY who used to be in the bar shouting turtle time...?... Good for selfridges I say... Would you want to buy a dress her face was smeared on?... She probably had to pay for her food/drink last time she was at the roof restaurant.... So now it's payback... 😂🤣😂😊..... Oh and I definitely didn't need to see the areola showing through in that organza paly suit.... 😔

Beautiful houses, chic summer dresses, cutesy videos of grinning families. The job of a social media influencer is to make life look like something out of a dream, one that followers can aspire to emulate.
Yet there is another corner of the internet, far away from perfect Instagram accounts, dedicated to tearing apart that dream, skewering its architects and critiquing their every move.
Welcome to Tattle Life, an online gossip forum and seriously hateful website.
You may never have heard of it, but it has thousands of users. Last week in front of parliament’s digital, culture, media and sport (DCMS) select committee, Em Sheldon, an influencer with 117,000 Instagram followers, raised the topic of dark online forums. “These women are saying that they are just giving you constructive criticism,” she said. “But unfortunately, they are all hyping each other up and saying, ‘Let’s report her to this person. Let’s do this, let’s do that.’”
Designed to house “commentary and critiques” of those who “choose to monetise their personal life as a business and release it into the public domain”, Tattle Life’s Wild-West discussion boards operate similarly to those of the website Reddit. Millions of comments, often posted under a cloak of online anonymity, pick apart everything from parenting skills to personal hygiene. In-page adverts power the business model. In the week that England footballers criticised Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for allowing hate and abuse to proliferate on their platforms, here exists a website seemingly designed to foster unpleasantness, and is one we appear powerless to hold to account.
“She can’t even hold a paintbrush properly, it’s no wonder it looks like a pile of tit,” wrote Libbub, a “VIP” Tattle Life member on a thread about Stacey Solomon, one-time finalist on The X Factor, as she documented her home renovations to her 4.6 million Instagram followers. “I’m embarrassed for her.”
Solomon’s brush with DIY attracted 1,000 comments in the space of ten days. “She hasn’t even sanded the wood down ... she’s such a messy c***,” suggested dumdums83. “Maybe she should stick to showering instead of DIY,” was the advice of another member.
Tattle Life’s design is simple: a user, identifiable by a screen name, creates a thread about an individual, and the commenters pile in to pick apart the person on trial and their latest posts.
The majority of comments are negative in nature, ranging from acerbic and critical to more aggressive. Some are just a sentence, others several paragraphs. Each thread can contain up to a thousand of them before it is locked and a new one must be created in order for the gossiping to go on. There are 35 threads about Solomon alone, totalling more 34,000 pronouncements on her life.
Their titles are creative, often rhyming. “Shoes might have a lift, but he’s still married to the kween of grift” is the name for thread 124 of the 125 dedicated to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. “Her face is the only thing with more revisions than Finding Freedom!” reads number 101.
The bulk of those targeted are considerably less well-known than Harry and Meghan. Eimear Varian Barry, 34, has had 5,000 comments aimed at her. Her Instagram account, which has 96,500 followers, is a curation of wholesome, sunny photos of a blonde mother with her dogs and her three young children. She says what is posted on Tattle Life extends further than “commentary and critiques”.
“It goes way beyond kind of bitchy comments ... It’s something dangerous, darker, deeper,” she says. On top of the digs about her appearance and speculation about her mental health, romantic relationships and family, she’s been accused of child abuse for posting content involving her children. She says the relentless character assassination has led her to feel suicidal.
One comment in particular, posted last May, prompted the first of three trips to the police, who have opened a file but not taken things further. “She deserves everything she’s going to get,” it read. “I was so scared and paranoid,” recalls Barry. Tattle Life users have also shared pieces of information about her that she hasn’t put online, such as a link to her house when it was up for sale — an act known as “doxing”.
Barry suspects that the majority of those posting about her on Tattle Life are female — an estimated 84% of her Instagram audience are women. “I’ve never ever thought about a man being on Tattle bitching about me,” she says. Commenters notice the tiniest things, such as the shampoo she uses or how much money she’s spent on beauty products.
So who is behind it? Tattle Life first appeared in 2017 and is, it says, owned and operated by a separate site, Lime Goss, a blog that hosts unattributed news-style articles about influencers and public figures. In an article on Lime Goss titled “Inside Tattle Life: Exclusive interview with the founder”, Helen McDougal is named as the site’s originator. She is quoted as saying that the motivation for the forum’s creation was influencers “brazenly breaking the guidelines for adverts” in posts where they were paid to promote brands or products. According to the Advertising Standards Authority, an influencer’s paid-for content should be immediately identifiable as an advert.
In the Lime Goss interview, McDougal says: “Of course it’s a gossip site, so we’re not going to take the moral high ground. Some messages are bitchy, but they aren’t hateful, abusive or threatening.”
Many disagree. A petition on Change.org to shut down Tattle Life started by Michelle Chapman, a YouTuber who goes by the name of Mummy Chelle, has 61,325 signatures.
As the government comes under increasing pressure to tackle problems of trolling, hate and abuse online, it has prepared a draft Online Safety Bill, which aims to place new duties on social media firms and online platforms to remove harmful or illegal content. Under the bill, social media companies would face multi-billion-pound fines for failing to remove harmful or illegal content.
The DCMS said that the “new online safety laws will ensure that sites like Tattle Life are held to account for what happens on their platforms”, which will face fines of up to “10% of global turnover” if they fail to keep people “safe and tackle abuse”.
“I’ve had nothing but relentless abuse, bullying, harassment, discrimination even doxing from this forum,” writes Chapman alongside her petition. “Bullying can lead to suicide. Is that what it’s going to take before [it] gets removed?”
I have to say... The flaw in the argument is history and life teaches us that the spreading of the filtered/perfect life/myth is more damaging to MH than anything... For many who may have a perfectly happy normal life seeing this filtered /photoshop/image leads to body dismorphia/lack of self esteem/ demotivation/. Etc... As if that false Ness is something to aspire to... The cleaner or nurse or shop worker works hard and they do not need to aspire to filtered Instagram fakeness... Stupid lazy journalism...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Interesting amount of people using that term mate. I live in Australia. You will not meet anybody that says G’day mate or use the term mate if anything it denotes trouble. It’s a stereotype that isn’t true at least in Melbourne where I live usually said by bogans or expats. Also howyagoin! Not everybody says that some do although I doubt they are true blue 😉

Attachments

Reactions: 12
Oh my god I just woke up from my nap. I had started watching one of her more recent flogs and accidentally fell asleep!

In my defense it was an hour long and the most interesting thing to happen was Charlie cutting his hand. It was weird how annoyed she was with him! Wasn't like he did it on purpose. Ease up lady!
Well knowing the propensity for dramatic effects.... It was probably a scratch of the dermis... Steri strips... 1 step up from a plaster... Amazed they didn't have a first aid kit to clean and secure 'wound'... I'm sure it couldn't have been as much blood as she made out as he'd never of made it up all those stairs to find her if he'd been hemorrhaging 😜

• Haha
Imagine getting pissed off your order didnt arrive in less than 10 days for this tit
View attachment 666336
I can't believe how much she complains about "late" deliveries. Sometimes H&M orders here take ten days before they even ship! And last summer my post office burned down with a bunch of my packages in it. Imagine how she would have handled that, lol. You have to have grace about this stuff, especially during a pandemic and, in my case, an uprising. It's not the end of the world if your ugly dress is ten days late. Josie pretends she has grace but she has none.

She never went to University nor applied. She attended a Sixth Form college (not University) where she did her A levels and subsequently dropped out. College in the States means University but in the UK it’s where people do access courses or foundation diplomas or A levels in order to qualify for University. She claimed many things of that time. I don’t think UCAS the authority that deals with applications would have accepted her. Only a hunch and they couldn’t if she didn’t do A levels or a qualification that would build up her UCAS points if my old memory serves me correctly. GCSEs which are the UK equivalent of a USA GED isn’t enough and if she’s implying that Sixth Form is any inch of resemblance to University then she is a fool. Which we know how foolish Freddy can be. ❤
College in the UK is more like what we in the US call Community College - a two year degree that stands on its own or else counts towards the first half of a bachelor's degree. A GED is a high school equivalency exam, that people who dropped out of high school can take to get a high school degree. We don't have anything like the GCSE - the closest approximation would be college entry exams, the SAT and ACT, which you take your junior year of high school before you apply to universities or community colleges.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She got make up on her white Zimmerman dress but expected the company to accept her return?! Would she buy a dress with make up on it?
"..I only tried it on in my living room" well, sorry, princess that's not the way the world works. 🙄
Literally never seen her wear any of these "investments". If you've already found perfect dresses why buy more?
Shows that she doesn't have any idea how to style clothes in different ways.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.