Faces by Grace #51 Gettin steps in, flah to de mah, that’s me only content apart from de dog ridin de cah

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think what @CailínBeag is highlighting is that there's a difference between commenting on her weight in line with what she's sharing on her page (eg if she's photoshopping, if she's fabricating how much weight is lost or what size clothes she's in, etc) and commenting on her and her family's actual looks. I've thought it for some time and agree with CailinBeag, but never brought it up before for fear of being told I'm a Grace fan, need a rave thread, etc! Each to their own opinion and all of that, but the thread is supposed to be about Grace's dire attempt at selling shite on Instagram (refuse to call any of them "influencers" any more).

Yep, all this, but I think ultimately the biggest issue I have of all is commenting on someone's looks to the detriment of a collective group. I said something similar on another thread before about someone calling skinny jeans on an influencer's boyfriend "gay", I just don't get how it's funny?

I'm the furthest from woke or anything but if you replace trans/lesbian as the insult (and that's exactly what it is) with anything else - black, disabled, disfigured etc etc, can you imagine the uproar?

When it comes to Grace, and commenting on her looks I'm not going to say it's fair game to comment on anything and everything, but when she's shilling makeup and her make up looks poor, or a hair tool and her hair looks straggly then I think its pretty fair to point out that brand X are getting poor value for money using her.

When it comes to weight and weight loss, it's her business what she weighs but I don't think anyone will have an issue pointing out a post on her grid where she's a size 8 in the morning, and an 18 the same day in another tagged photo (I'm using sizes in this to prove a point, again it doesn't matter what size you are)

That's completely different to anyone saying something completely disgusting and intended to attack, like "fat witch" etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
1. alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

This is the dictionary definition of woke. Tell me how that’s a bad thing?

Call Grace out on photoshopping and shoddy work by all means and if it makes people feel better then diss her appearance til the cows come home. Just keep in mind, you never know who else is reading here that’s struggling with body image so your “hilarious” comments may be doing a lot more harm than you realise.
Not trying to moderate, just appealing to people to be a bit sound.

Reactions: 17
1. alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

This is the dictionary definition of woke. Tell me how that’s a bad thing?

Call Grace out on photoshopping and shoddy work by all means and if it makes people feel better then diss her appearance til the cows come home. Just keep in mind, you never know who else is reading here that’s struggling with body image so your “hilarious” comments may be doing a lot more harm than you realise.
Not trying to moderate, just appealing to people to be a bit sound.
People on here have eluded to the fact that she looks dirty and depression must be the reason🤷‍♀️Surely that’s not a proper assumption to make I didn’t actually make any comment about her personally or her weight my comment was about Chris and the fact he looks very feminine as has been brought up on many an occasion here and that’s the truth
Like when has anyone here being sound 😅 you need to re read all the pages here!

People on here have eluded to the fact that she looks dirty and depression must be the reason🤷‍♀️Surely that’s not a proper assumption to make I didn’t actually make any comment about her personally or her weight my comment was about Chris and the fact he looks very feminine as has been brought up on many an occasion here and that’s the truth
Sorry and what was my hilarious comment??!

Sorry and what was my hilarious comment??!

And my initial comment explicitly said that it wasn't in response to your comment directly, it was in response to a number of comments of a similar nature and to be honest I was sick of reading them so don't take it personally.

And when it comes to the comments alluding to depression? When someone very obviously does not shower, wears stained clothes, doesn't change bedsheets for days when there's been curry spilled on them and so many other tidbits of "content" she provides, that's not coming from a place of attack or her being a point of mockery, if anything it's worry and pity that someone can go on like that publicly.

Reactions: 5
Yep, all this, but I think ultimately the biggest issue I have of all is commenting on someone's looks to the detriment of a collective group. I said something similar on another thread before about someone calling skinny jeans on an influencer's boyfriend "gay", I just don't get how it's funny?

I'm the furthest from woke or anything but if you replace trans/lesbian as the insult (and that's exactly what it is) with anything else - black, disabled, disfigured etc etc, can you imagine the uproar?

When it comes to Grace, and commenting on her looks I'm not going to say it's fair game to comment on anything and everything, but when she's shilling makeup and her make up looks poor, or a hair tool and her hair looks straggly then I think its pretty fair to point out that brand X are getting poor value for money using her.

When it comes to weight and weight loss, it's her business what she weighs but I don't think anyone will have an issue pointing out a post on her grid where she's a size 8 in the morning, and an 18 the same day in another tagged photo (I'm using sizes in this to prove a point, again it doesn't matter what size you are)

That's completely different to anyone saying something completely disgusting and intended to attack, like "fat witch" etc.
Nobody called her a fat witch well I never have someone once commented that she was sorry looking and unwashed or word to that effect amd your answer was depression like why just make a sweeping statement like that 🤷‍♀️ How can you diagnose something as serious as depression with grace being unwashed

Reactions: 2
So Chris goes to football and she goes for a walk. Ok fair enough, both kids are in bed. Still weird but ok.
Genuine question, can you lose inches but gain weight?

Reactions: 4
Lol.... Tonight's story Telling everyone she reads Tattle without telling anyone she reads Tattle 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So Chris goes to football and she goes for a walk. Ok fair enough, both kids are in bed. Still weird but ok.
How is that fair enough ? Sienna is only what 5? And Hayden as she so often refers to is a baby. They’re far too young to be left alone while she pounds the pavement yet alone for it to be broadcast publicly to her followers that her two young children are left alone unsupervised

Reactions: 9
I think she said ‘when Chris isn’t football training’ but the captions picked it up as ‘is in’ football training.

Reactions: 23
Sorry but who's minding the kids when he's at football and she's out walking 🤔🤔🤔 she hardly leaves them at home alone...

How is that fair enough ? Sienna is only what 5? And Hayden as she so often refers to is a baby. They’re far too young to be left alone while she pounds the pavement yet alone for it to be broadcast publicly to her followers that her two young children are left alone unsupervised
I don’t think that’s what she said, I think the captions translated what she said incorrectly to be fair to her.

Reactions: 10
Pretty sure she said when Chris ISNT in football training.

Reactions: 9
Obviously someone is minding them. If they are both putting them to bed then doing their own things (while having a baby sitter) fine.
we make sure we put the kids to bed then head the cinema or for food and have someone here to mind them.
What is unreasonable is her constantly leaving Chris to do it on his own and that makes her even worse.
But if they are both putting them to bed, I see nothing wrong with exercising and having someone there.

Her page is so boring all she talks about is walking and the gym and losing weight but she never loses any

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.