F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just out of interest how did everyone get into f1 and did you enjoy the first race you watched?

My nanny loved it and I watched it with her
The first time I thought it was really dull (Michael schumacher was winning everything at that time) but I tried to go with the flow for her sake, learnt about the teams, the drivers and the tyres etc and within a few races I loved it! Haven't looked back since

Still plenty of drama

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am so happy for Pato 😁 I would have prefer if Pato drive for the US GP (in front of his hom crowd it would have been could) and Alex for Abu Dhabi but this is still great

Meanwhile Lando keeps expanding his esports teams

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am so happy for Pato 😁

I was hoping they ran Pato in Mexico but still I'm so happy for him!!!!

Is there a reason why there are so many rookies running FP1 at COTA? I know that they have to run young drivers twice in a season but its weird that there are 4 rookies running in one session when there are so many races

• Heart
Reactions: 3
🤣🤣 charles didn’t help, ngl! i’m terrible on the apps too and i’m also a people pleaser by nature - which isn’t a great combo, he’s nice and i like his company but i don’t get the vibe that it’s a slow burn (rather than there’s no flame there on my side to start with). i’m annoyed with myself because he’s such a nice guy and seems to like me a lot but you can’t force it i guess. if it’s still the same after tonight you might all have to help me write a letting down gently text 💙
I think as women we are so used to people pleasing and trying to make something work when our gut is telling us it's not going to happen. you're almost expected to keep dating people and swiping away on the apps until you find someone even though it's so bloody time-consuming. it's always awkward when someone does come along who is interested and you've got things in common with (and not a walking red flag 🤪) but you know something is missing, especially when you can't really explain it. ahh! here to help on the text front 🤛

sorry to the people looking for F1 chat and not dating 🤣 but this is a chatter thread so anything goes 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just out of interest how did everyone get into f1 and did you enjoy the first race you watched?

The first time I thought it was really dull (Michael schumacher was winning everything at that time) but I tried to go with the flow for her sake, learnt about the teams, the drivers and the tyres etc and within a few races I loved it! Haven't looked back since

Still plenty of drama

I don't remember the first race or when I actually started to watch it. My dad always had it on growing up. I stopped watching at some point when I went to college and just started to watch again last year after DTS. So, I guess I'm a DTS fan and have no shame in that 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think as women we are so used to people pleasing and trying to make something work when our gut is telling us it's not going to happen. you're almost expected to keep dating people and swiping away on the apps until you find someone even though it's so bloody time-consuming. it's always awkward when someone does come along who is interested and you've got things in common with (and not a walking red flag 🤪) but you know something is missing, especially when you can't really explain it. ahh! here to help on the text front 🤛

sorry to the people looking for F1 chat and not dating 🤣 but this is a chatter thread so anything goes 💕
thank you for all of this - i appreciate it massively 💙🥰 online dating is almost an after-work activity and i hate it. need to pull myself together a bit though!

sorry to these people also, i’m just going through it rn 🤣

Still plenty of drama
probably my whole life! my dad is a huge fan and my mum used to work weekends so it was a tradition for he, me and my sister to sit and watch it together. i really got into it myself when bbc used to have the coverage with jake and fleetwood mac on the soundtrack (still miss that theme tune!)

• Heart
This is so cute 🥺🥺

oooohhh my god, what a precious sunshine!!!! Stories like this !

🤣🤣 charles didn’t help, ngl! i’m terrible on the apps too and i’m also a people pleaser by nature - which isn’t a great combo, he’s nice and i like his company but i don’t get the vibe that it’s a slow burn (rather than there’s no flame there on my side to start with). i’m annoyed with myself because he’s such a nice guy and seems to like me a lot but you can’t force it i guess. if it’s still the same after tonight you might all have to help me write a letting down gently text 💙
yeah, if you don't feel it, you don't feel it, you can't do anything about it or can't feel bad or guilty, it cannot be forced so..... I am curious what your impressions after tonight will be, no matter what, have a great time 🥰

actually, while i’m talking about dating, where do i find a seb?! 🥺🥺

THIS IS WHOLESOME IN SUCH CUTE AND SIMPLE WAY
I am a pragmatic romantic turned cynical, I guess by my singleness, but this ❤❤I won't settle for less than this.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Still catching up. @aidil I hope you are feeling better. I am still crying over the affectionate name that didn’t sound overly affectionate @lucha.43 Hope you are feeling better @Minttu
Lewis and Valtteri talking about beavers. So funny! I really hope Lewis can win one race this season. His mental resilience is astounding.

• Heart
  • Haha

Still plenty of drama
I can't remember exactly what race was my first, but it was somewhere arround 1999-2000 with my dad, and we kept on watching together whenever we could, it was a part of our dad-daughter time, and I'll cherish those moments every step of the way.
I was angry and crying when my dad went to Monaco without me, but I lived in my Ferrari bomber jacket for a long time 😂
As I hit my teenage years I started hanging out with friends more and didn't watch every race, but those weekends I was home I was watching, with or without my dad 😅

Michael is still one of my heroes, and Kimi is probably my forever favorite, Fernando is scary as he's always been, and one of the high points of watching is probably the 2007 season, with the arrival of Lewis AND Seb 😂❤
And as long as I had the weekend off in uni I was watching, now I'm more hooked than ever, and I'm watching everything as long as I can 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Still plenty of drama
My dad always watched it when I was young so I would sit and watch it too probably 2000ish? Michael Schumacher was my absolute idol (sorry coulthard ily) Slowly started to understand the teams etc. When it moves to sky I stopped watching as we didn’t have sky and I was working weekends/with friends/being a teenager, vaguely kept up with the channel 4 footage. Started taking a more active interest again in 2018 (which was compounded by DTS in 2019) then over lockdown went back and watched the classic seasons and the ones I’d missed, haven’t looked back 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
thank you for all of this - i appreciate it massively 💙🥰 online dating is almost an after-work activity and i hate it. need to pull myself together a bit though!

sorry to these people also, i’m just going through it rn 🤣
There's a reason why I've given up online dating, I talked to a guy that seemed nice last week, and was planning on asking him to meet up.
That was until he sent me a message saying "Do you have beer?" In the middle if the day, I was at work 😂
Come on, dude, you can do better than that 😂

I'm not sorry about talking about it 😘

• Haha
  • Wow
I can't remember exactly what race was my first, but it was somewhere arround 1999-2000 with my dad, and we kept on watching together whenever we could, it was a part of our dad-daughter time, and I'll cherish those moments every step of the way.
I was angry and crying when my dad went to Monaco without me, but I lived in my Ferrari bomber jacket for a long time 😂
As I hit my teenage years I started hanging out with friends more and didn't watch every race, but those weekends I was home I was watching, with or without my dad 😅

Michael is still one of my heroes, and Kimi is probably my forever favorite, Fernando is scary as he's always been, and one of the high points of watching is probably the 2007 season, with the arrival of Lewis AND Seb 😂❤
And as long as I had the weekend off in uni I was watching, now I'm more hooked than ever, and I'm watching everything as long as I can 😅
Haha wow we have almost the same relationship to it!! I love that 🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There's a reason why I've given up online dating, I talked to a guy that seemed nice last week, and was planning on asking him to meet up.
That was until he sent me a message saying "Do you have beer?" In the middle if the day, I was at work 😂
Come on, dude, you can do better than that 😂

I'm not sorry about talking about it 😘
Such a cheek! No manners. Minttu he doesn’t deserve you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Haha wow we have almost the same relationship to it!! I love that 🥹
I love that too❤

It was also a way for us to set life on pause for a brief moment, where we could just be us, when my mom got diagnosed with brain cancer. And we kept that as a tradition for most of the races while I was living at home. Those hours on a Sunday, curled up on the couch and preparing for the next week is some really good memories ❤

We took it up for a brief period again when I was 17, when my mom was on her last months, we usually watched the race in the living room of the home she was at😂
After I moved out I'm not sure my dad has been watching, but I remember him coming by just before Max and Lewis crashed on Monza last year, and it happened just as he was about to leave, so he came running back in to see 😂 so he's still curious, but doesn't feel like he has the time to watch..

Such a cheek! No manners.
Best thing is that he's actually over 30, some people never grow up.
says I, who still thinks I'm 16 sometimes, but my body usually tells me I'm wrong 😂

he still seems like a nice guy, I just don't know where that came from 😂 So now I'm just laughing at it 😂

• Heart
I love that too❤

It was also a way for us to set life on pause for a brief moment, where we could just be us, when my mom got diagnosed with brain cancer. And we kept that as a tradition for most of the races while I was living at home. Those hours on a Sunday, curled up on the couch and preparing for the next week is some really good memories ❤

We took it up for a brief period again when I was 17, when my mom was on her last months, we usually watched the race in the living room of the home she was at😂
After I moved out I'm not sure my dad has been watching, but I remember him coming by just before Max and Lewis crashed on Monza last year, and it happened just as he was about to leave, so he came running back in to see 😂 so he's still curious, but doesn't feel like he has the time to watch..

says I, who still thinks I'm 16 sometimes, but my body usually tells me I'm wrong 😂

he still seems like a nice guy, I just don't know where that came from 😂 So now I'm just laughing at it 😂
I’m so sorry about your mum ❤ so lovely that you had that tradition and those memories tied to it though 🥰 my dad does a similar thing now, he watched a few races last year but now watches the first 20 minutes then gets bored and goes off to do other things 😂

• Heart
I’m so sorry about your mum ❤ so lovely that you had that tradition and those memories tied to it though 🥰 my dad does a similar thing now, he watched a few races last year but now watches the first 20 minutes then gets bored and goes off to do other things 😂
My dad hasn't watched a race since I moved out, my guess is that it's just not the same without me 😂

I'm using my evening to laugh at people on tinder, today's best so far is the separated guy who's still best friends with his ex, and they have a princess on the way. They also have a kid from earlier.
Did I mention he also does his own tattoos?
Wow, what a catch🥰😂

• Haha
I love that too❤

Minttu I am so sorry about your Mum. It’s so hard to lose a parent and my heart goes out to you for losing your mum at such a tender age. Those are such lovely memories.
I have followed F1 for a long time. My Dad wasn’t a huge fan but liked Lewis. When Lewis won his seventh, my Dad was so happy but more so for me. I never thought that days later I would suddenly lose him. I am thankful we got to share that moment together.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Minttu I am so sorry about your Mum. It’s so hard to lose a parent and my heart goes out to you for losing your mum at such a tender age. Those are such lovely memories.
I have followed F1 for a long time. My Dad wasn’t a huge fan but liked Lewis. When Lewis won his seventh, my Dad was so happy but more so for me. I never thought that days later I would suddenly lose him. I am thankful we got to share that moment together.
This makes me so sad to read😭❤
I'm so happy you got to have that as one of your last memories with him❤

I hope you've been doing okay after loosing him❤

• Heart
This makes me so sad to read😭❤
I'm so happy you got to have that as one of your last memories with him❤

I hope you've been doing okay after loosing him❤
I was so sad to read about your mum. Sending you lots of love.
Ah thank you. It doesn’t seem to get any easier. 😭 I just put on the video of Lewis’s seventh title. it will be always a cherished memory. Love Lewis’s relationship with his dad.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.