F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was so sad to read about your mum. Sending you lots of love.
Ah thank you. It doesn’t seem to get any easier. 😭 I just put on the video of Lewis’s seventh title - it will be always a cherished memory. Love Lewis’s relationship with his dad.
It's almost ten years ago since my mom passed, and for me at least, it has been some rough times mentally, but the last two years, I've been better than ever. Some days will always be hard, a month ago she would have been 60, that was a night with some crying and writing down some feelings, and I was okay after that. One of the things I like to say that I've inherited from her is her resilience and her attitude in general 🥰
I can only speak from my experience, but it does get easier over time, it just never goes away completely, after I turned 20 there's so much I wished I was able to call my mom to ask about, luckily I've had the best god mother to ask about life advice and talk things through with, not to mention getting out some frustration 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh guys, you’ve got me welling up. I can now see why this sport means so much to so many of us - great question, @abusyday!

My whole childhood was spent watching F1 with my dad, I think he always wanted me to be a boy so we’d spend our weekends watching the racing and football together. He was Italian so obv our house was Tifosi or die, Schumi was god, all cars should be red etc etc. Then I went to uni and we stopped spending our weekends together and he passed away not long after I graduated :( I never even considered watching a race again after that as it was always our thing and I couldn’t handle any reminders.
…. Then I watched DTS, got to know all the new drivers and just fell in love with the sport all over again! I wish I could watch the races with my papa now, he’d be such a huge fan of Charles and Carlos. It’s kind of become my comfort blanket now (including this place) because of the memories wrapped up in it. The sound of those cars will forever make me think of Sundays on the sofa with my dad 🥰

Sorry to add even more trauma to the thread! Sending so much love to those of you who’ve also lost parents. It’s an experience you can’t quite put into words but I’m glad this crazy little sport provides us with some comfort.

Hope you’ve all had a lovely Friday and here’s to the weekend!

Also count me in for those winter break watch parties!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh guys, you’ve got me welling up. I can now see why this sport means so much to so many of us - great question, @abusyday!

My whole childhood was spent watching F1 with my dad, I think he always wanted me to be a boy so we’d spend our weekends watching the racing and football together. He was Italian so obv our house was Tifosi or die, Schumi was god, all cars should be red etc etc. Then I went to uni and we stopped spending our weekends together and he passed away not long after I graduated :( I never even considered watching a race again after that as it was always our thing and I couldn’t handle any reminders.
…. Then I watched DTS, got to know all the new drivers and just fell in love with the sport all over again! I wish I could watch the races with my papa now, he’d be such a huge fan of Charles and Carlos. It’s kind of become my comfort blanket now (including this place) because of the memories wrapped up in it. The sound of those cars will forever make me think of Sundays on the sofa with my dad 🥰

Sorry to add even more trauma to the thread! Sending so much love to those of you who’ve also lost parents. It’s an experience you can’t quite put into words but I’m glad this crazy little sport provides us with some comfort.

Hope you’ve all had a lovely Friday and here’s to the weekend!

Also count me in for those winter break watch parties!
We're all just a bunch of traumatised women, aren't we? 😂❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We're all just a bunch of traumatised women, aren't we? 😂❤
You know how Toto said F1 drivers were all just traumatised karting kids who’d been left out in the cold? Well all female F1 fans are just traumatised orphans it seems 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You know how Toto said F1 drivers were all just traumatised karting kids who’d been left out in the cold? Well all female F1 fans are just traumatised orphans it seems 😅
I laughed way harder than I should have done at this 😂

Can you see that humor is my coping mechanism? 😂
I have actually considered putting in my tinder bio: "the good thing about dating me is that you'll never have to deal with your mother in law" 😂

• Haha
I laughed way harder than I should have done at this 😂

Can you see that humor is my coping mechanism? 😂
I have actually considered putting in my tinder bio: "the good thing about dating me is that you'll never have to deal with your mother in law" 😂
HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING 😂 I’ve always said the same thing to any guys I’ve dated since I lost my dad… And there have been many cos I am classic ✨daddy issues✨ gal…!

Honestly your humour goes next level dark after you lose a parent. Two of my close mates also lost their dads at a young age and we call ourselves the DDC - Dead Dad Club 🌚 I think this is why I am so fond of Sharl, he’s my F1 spirit animal. I’d sign him up to the DDC monthly meets.

Sorry to those of you living normal lives for making this thread take a sudden dark turn 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
On the dating scene I’ve just embarked on a fwb situation and I’m a bit nervy never really had anything like this 😬 he’s for the same wedding as me tomorrow so who knows what could happen

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My heart goes out to you all who have lost a parent I can’t even imagine ❤❤

I remember the races always been on in the background when I was little and my mum used to work Sundays so me and my sisters knew we could wreck havoc while my dad was preoccupied with the race. I vividly remember my sisters trying to shove me into the washing machine while my dad was screaming at the TV 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
On the dating scene I’ve just embarked on a fwb situation and I’m a bit nervy never really had anything like this 😬 he’s for the same wedding as me tomorrow so who knows what could happen
Just take care of yourself lady. I’ve been there, done that and been the heartbroken and the heartbreaker at the end of it all 😭 And both sides are awful tbh! I don’t want to think of anyone messing with your head when you’re in a vulnerable place with your emotions sometimes 💕

My heart goes out to you all who have lost a parent I can’t even imagine ❤❤

I remember the races always been on in the background when I was little and my mum used to work Sundays so me and my sisters knew we could wreck havoc while my dad was preoccupied with the race. I vividly remember my sisters trying to shove me into the washing machine while my dad was screaming at the TV 😂
This sounds like such chaotic family sitcom energy 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING 😂 I’ve always said the same thing to any guys I’ve dated since I lost my dad… And there have been many cos I am classic ✨daddy issues✨ gal…!

Honestly your humour goes next level dark after you lose a parent. Two of my close mates also lost their dads at a young age and we call ourselves the DDC - Dead Dad Club 🌚 I think this is why I am so fond of Sharl, he’s my F1 spirit animal. I’d sign him up to the DDC monthly meets.

Sorry to those of you living normal lives for making this thread take a sudden dark turn 😂
My dad and I have never laughed harder than we did after a meeting he had to take out a loan for his mother 😂
The bank told him that he needed to bring his wife and mother in. And he told the bank "yeah, I'll just need to dig up my wife first" I a real serious tone.
The guy in the bank was shocked.

And guess who also managed to do the same when she was getting a loan for her house this summer? 😇😂 The bank lady apologised and felt really sorry, and I had to explain to her that it was okay, she couldn't know 😅
Since you are a younger version of myself, you'll get drunk at the wedding and duck the dude in the bathroom 😏😂 It will be fine, you will have fun 😘

And also: its so considerate of the couple to have their wedding on a race free weekend 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
My dad and I have never laughed harder than we did after a meeting he had to take out a loan for his mother 😂
The bank told him that he needed to bring his wife and mother in. And he told the bank "yeah, I'll just need to dig up my wife first" I a real serious tone.
The guy in the bank was shocked.

And guess who also managed to do the same when she was getting a loan for her house this summer? 😇😂 The bank lady apologised and felt really sorry, and I had to explain to her that it was okay, she couldn't know 😅
This is the gallows humour that I love! Honestly my favourite pastime is saying shocking things in a casual tone of voice and watching people be like :eek:😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This is the gallows humour that I love! Honestly my favourite pastime is saying shocking things in a casual tone of voice and watching people be like :eek:😂
Same 😂 it's the faces of people that makes me laugh, or just how stunned they are, so they can't even answer 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
you wouldn't believe - I just checked my e-mail, work e-mail, and got a mail that included "ems" in the sender address, I swear my first thought here in this middle of the night was what is Tattle Ems writing to me and how does she know my e-mail 😆😆😆

btw this tiktok is another wow :love:
🤣🤣 you’re thinking how did she find me?? 😂👀

actually, while i’m talking about dating, where do i find a seb?! 🥺🥺

How have I never seen this before 😭😭.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Just take care of yourself lady. I’ve been there, done that and been the heartbroken and the heartbreaker at the end of it all 😭 And both sides are awful tbh! I don’t want to think of anyone messing with your head when you’re in a vulnerable place with your emotions sometimes 💕
Thanks aidil yeah we’ve said that communication is so important if one of us isn’t feeling it to make sure to tell the other and no feeling are involved but he’s a really amazing person and a great friend so that shouldn’t be a problem ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I updated myself after few hours, hugs for everyone ❤❤❤❤❤

So I see the list for after season for the thread is 1) psychoanalisis, 2) watching parties and who knows what else. We will be fine, people, we will be fine ;)

• Heart
Since you are a younger version of myself, you'll get drunk at the wedding and duck the dude in the bathroom 😏😂 It will be fine, you will have fun 😘

And also: its so considerate of the couple to have their wedding on a race free weekend 😂
Thanks min that could very well happen 😂😂 and yes very considerate 😂❤

I’ve still not decided what I’m going to wear to this wedding either this is what happens when your addicted to buying new clothes😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Thanks min that could very well happen 😂😂 and yes very considerate 😂❤
have fun Aac, but remember to protect your heart 🥰🥰
good to hear that this is a good friend and you communicate well, it is important to check whether you are both on the same page😊 Just take care and enjoy 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just out of interest how did everyone get into f1 and did you enjoy the first race you watched?

My nanny loved it and I watched it with her
The first time I thought it was really dull (Michael schumacher was winning everything at that time) but I tried to go with the flow for her sake, learnt about the teams, the drivers and the tyres etc and within a few races I loved it! Haven't looked back since

Still plenty of drama
Every so often my parents shifts would clash and they'd be both working on a Sunday. When that happened my uncle, a big f1 fan, would baby sit me.

I wanna say I started watching about 2007 or 2008.

My uncle is a Williams man. Don't know why, but he is and always has been.

My dad's never really been hugely into F1 but I've watched a few races this year with him and have been getting him up to speed. I always need to remind him that Lewis hasn't been at McLaren for nearly 10 years.

Also, what is it with the majority of British dads being Lewis stans? I don't blame them though.

actually, while i’m talking about dating, where do i find a seb?! 🥺🥺

Just want a man like Seb 🥺

Talking of dating, why do some former situationships, pop up every so often and disappear into thin air again?

I have this one guy, we were dating a lil bit but he basically was wanting everything on his terms. We stopped dating like a year ago but every 2 months he pops back up, then disappears. Like why?

• Heart
It's so nice to read all of your family stories about f1. I feel like an exception here 😅. I only come to f1 throught DTS in 2019. I mean i remember my grand father putting f1 on tv on sunday afternoon but it was more à background noise than anything, nobody was really watching it. I think my very first memories of f1 are Max and Charles battles on track in Austria and Silverstone. And i just try to learn more and more each season 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.