Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jmx

Chatty Member
I’ve been struggling to stay awake during the days so I’m going to start taking it at night and see if that makes a difference.

Rocknrolla

I take the in am, honestly my dreams are wild I wake up in the morning feeling like I’ve been mad busy all night, not at all rested. Last night was more of a nightmare, I was terminally ill close to dying and just felt so helpless. I’ve been taking them since November I’m in two minds about phoning the doctors and seeing if I can switch.

Hi all, I’ve been on Sertraline for 18 months and I’m on 200mg. It’s a game changer and I will forever rave about it! However, last night I had a proper good cry, sobbing for a couple of hours and now I have the worst headache and my eyes feel really sleepy. I don’t cry often at all because of the tablets but just want to know if the headache is from the crying? 😂

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
I'm 5w 2d in and the headaches have subsided now. I was sick for a week. I'm really glad I stuck with it and hope to see some positive effects soon. I guess I already have - I brushed my teeth and did laundry.

Re the sleep struggle, could you look at adjusting the time of day you take it to see if that helps this time? Good luck. You deserve to feel well.
The headaches stopped after the first two weeks for me, the sickness took a long time to settle.
I tried taking them in the morning but just felt too alert and by night I couldn’t switch off at all. I then tried at night but found myself feeling very out of it by the morning. My pupils were so large, and I felt very irrational. I don’t know what to do :(

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
Took my tablet again last night and felt like I couldn’t breathe. All night my stomach kept heaving 😣
I made the mistake of taking one without water or without enough water once and it was agony. I try and take them with plenty of water and not on an empty stomach and not immediately before lying down.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I have a dicky belly the last 2 weeks so I wonder if it's the setraline? I have IBS anyway but I've never felt like I'm going to shit myself before 😂

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
Sorry how do you mean?
I take both 100mg tablets at bedtime. With water? Idk if that's what you mean
Yes, that’s what I mean. I took it at night yesterday without water and I’m suffering. If I take it at night, I can’t really fall asleep. Not sure what to do again.

serenawaldorf

VIP Member
I took sertraline a couple of years ago for several months. I had no side effects just dizziness for the first couple days but to be honest I don’t think it worked for me.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Does anyone take their dose at night? I’m thinking of switching to night to combat the tiredness I have been feeling from it. I also think it’s starting to interact with the amount of coffee I consume!
I take mine at 7pm with my evening meal. I find it works well for me.

hereforthememe

Chatty Member
I've recently started taking Sertraline and struggling with the side effects... Today I'm switching to taking it at night to see if I can sleep through the nausea instead.

Although I already struggle with night sweats anyway so I'm concerned that people have night sweats while taking the meds 🤷

Carapop

VIP Member
This is the only side effect that persists for me almost two years down the line! I am constantly warm! I drove to work with my window down this morning 🤣 Summer is pretty much unbearable for me but luckily I work somewhere with amazing aircon so I only have to suffer at home or on nights out! 🤣
Honestly I might rather be sad, this is almost unbearable.

Jaceydooley

Has anyone else suffered with unexplained bruising whilst taking this? I look like I’ve been beaten up at times and although I am clumsy at times my bruising is that bad I’d of remembered if I’d walked into something to cause it. My doctor has suggested lowering my dosage and coming off this to see what happens as I’ve been for blood tests and there is nothing of great concern and he wasn’t to see if coming off will help. I’m in a good place at the moment but instantly know one bad knock to my confidence I will struggle if I come off completely.
I am covered in them! Have read this is a side effect

Millyve

VIP Member
So pleased I’m not alone in this brusing. I try not to read the side effects as it will just add to my anxiety. Will speak to the doctor again soon as it must ultimately be sertraline causing this and see what he suggests. Like can I live with looking like I’ve been beaten up as these really do help with my everyday mood and thankfully my dr is so understanding with my mental health.

levitating

Has anyone experienced muscular pain taking this? I’m four months in and have awful pain in my left arm, shoulders, neck and leg. Had a massage, relieved the pain for about 12 hours, no lumps, no injuries etc. This all started as soon as my bruising stopped, don’t know whether it’s a coincidence or not.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Things got better initially and I was doing really well but now I’m back to being an anxious mess and not wanting to be alive again. I don’t mind increasing the dose but I don’t want to get better and then drop off again