Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm going to speak to my Doctor, I was moved to sertraline once I became pregnant as it was considered safe while pregnant. I feel like I'm a different person on it. Pushing people away, not enjoying being out and about around people. I feel zoned out. Has anyone felt like this

Reactions: 1
Mentally, after my dose was upped at around week 3.
Physically, I’m still struggling with tiredness and night sweating. I’ve just done two months.
---

Did you struggle with the tiredness too?x
I did! Didn’t do much at all until I switched the time around! (Which for me made a big difference - I’ve even managed to get in to a routine of walking more and going to a gym class every week, which seemed impossible when I started taking these in December)x
---
I'm going to speak to my Doctor, I was moved to sertraline once I became pregnant as it was considered safe while pregnant. I feel like I'm a different person on it. Pushing people away, not enjoying being out and about around people. I feel zoned out. Has anyone felt like this
I haven’t but I have a good friend who swapped whilst she was pregnant from citalopram to sertraline and it really didn’t suit her.
I can’t remember what they swapped her to after that but she did end up feeling better.
Do speak to your doctor soon - hope you get sorted quickly and start to feel more like yourself.

• Heart
For those of you that went from 50g to 100g, when and how did you decide to do that?
I went up after about 4 weeks. I felt absolutely no improvement. 100mg was an absolute game changer. Side effects were tough but they seem to be plateauing. Fingers crossed!!

Have you had any improvement at all?x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I went up after about 4 weeks. I felt absolutely no improvement. 100mg was an absolute game changer. Side effects were tough but they seem to be plateauing. Fingers crossed!!

Have you had any improvement at all?x
thank you for replying. Tbh I don’t know if I feel better. My mood has improved but I’ve been off work so idk if I feel better being off or in general. I will know when I go back I suppose. The anxiety is still there and the racing, erratic thoughts are back (especially thinking about going back to work!). With all that being said though: It’s been 2 weeks on them and only 1 week of 50g so I need to give it time anyway.

For those of you that went from 50g to 100g, when and how did you decide to do that?
I went up after a month or so, then was on 100 for another month before going up to 150 as could feel my self dipping quite a bit, which I’ve been on for a few months and has made the biggest improvement.
The Doc I spoke to said he would expect 150 for how my symptoms were (this was after I had been put up to those), but they had to do it gradually.

• Heart
Hi all, I’ve been on Sertraline for 18 months and I’m on 200mg. It’s a game changer and I will forever rave about it! However, last night I had a proper good cry, sobbing for a couple of hours and now I have the worst headache and my eyes feel really sleepy. I don’t cry often at all because of the tablets but just want to know if the headache is from the crying? 😂

I’ve been weaned off of Sertraline and had my last tablet on Tuesday. Has anyone had any bad withdrawal symptoms?
My Dr told me just to half my dose until my pack was done 🤷🏼‍♀️

The long term side effect for me was feeling flat. I went off it after a while because although it did help my anxiety, I hated feeling nothing and feeling so flat.

• Heart
My doctor has changed my tablets, from sertraline 50mg to fluoxetine 10mg, increase to 20mg after 1 week.
He didn’t say to wean off, just stop taking them & take the fluoxetine as normal.
But I’ve just come over all hot, sweaty & heart is racing like mad.
I feel alright but just feels abit weird that’s all, il have to take it easy the next few days Incase I feel peculiar.
Anyone else had to do this?

I was told if I wanted to swap I would have to taper off and flush out for two weeks!! I would’ve thought it would’ve been the process across the board.

Some can be taken at the same time as reducing Sertraline. I did the same when going from Sertraline to Duloxetine, I didn’t have to taper off Sertraline first

Have you all saw Lewis Capaldi’s TikTok about sertraline? The comments about everyone’s different side affects are eye opening!

Have you all saw Lewis Capaldi’s TikTok about sertraline? The comments about everyone’s different side affects are eye opening!
Ohhh no, thanks for the heads up. Will take a look tomorrow as just taken my sleeping tablet 🤣

Forgot to take my tablet yesterday and holy tit, the dreams I had overnight were a trip 😳

I was on sertraline 150mg and decided to come off last year without consulting my doctor. My anxiety has massively flared up due to moving etc and I’m starting to worry about the future so I definitely think I’m going to have to go back on them. And because of my move, I’m switching doctors and the thought of delaying going back on them makes me sad 😩

Has anyone on here had a bit of weight gain / finds it harder to lose weight on sertraline, but has decided to accept it because it’s worth it for the benefits? That’s kind of where I am now - it’s nothing drastic, a few pounds maybe, but it’s proving hard to shift and I haven’t really started eating more or workout out less so I do kind of attribute it to the meds. But don’t want to make myself even more unhappy by dieting for the rest of my life but it’s weird to think about accepting a bit of weight gain - we’re so conditioned not to! I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts.

Has anyone on here had a bit of weight gain / finds it harder to lose weight on sertraline, but has decided to accept it because it’s worth it for the benefits? That’s kind of where I am now - it’s nothing drastic, a few pounds maybe, but it’s proving hard to shift and I haven’t really started eating more or workout out less so I do kind of attribute it to the meds. But don’t want to make myself even more unhappy by dieting for the rest of my life but it’s weird to think about accepting a bit of weight gain - we’re so conditioned not to! I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts.
Yes unfortunately I have found this. I work out 4 times a week and I don’t shift weight at all. I 100% think the benefits of how I feel outweighs my inability to shift weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 2