Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% feel you. It is absolutely horrific for me during the night, I am pouring with sweat. I’ve noticed that as soon as I exert myself even slightly it starts. I feel like I am a lot hotter than I ever used to be. It’s awful.
Exactly this. Took my kid to a playgroup today and I was just standing there talking to another mum and my forehead was dripping - just standing there talking. I’m so self conscious of it and I know other people can see it but I’m not happy advertising the fact I’m taking sertraline. It’s getting to the point I’m avoid going out and ‘doing stuff’ because I can’t stand it.

Reactions: 2
Daytime sweats have definitely started for me this week too! It was pouring off me in work yesterday (I’m a vet nurse so very active!) and I ended up having to go outside as I felt light headed. Luckily I work with a lovely team who I’m very open with so they all know it’s the medication which reduces the anxiety over the sweating 😅 Still all worth it to feel normal!

Reactions: 1
Anyone an IBS sufferer on here? Mine was relatively under control but it's flared up since starting setraline

Has anyone had stomach issues when starting setraline? Does it get better the longer you’re taking it?

Has anyone had stomach issues when starting setraline? Does it get better the longer you’re taking it?
I was dreadful when I first started to take it but it did settled down after 10ish days. It did also suppress my appetite for a while, but for me, the tummy issues didn’t last past 2 weeks. I was scared to leave the house until it settled down as (sorry for the TMI) I had the absolute raging shites & I was afraid to be too far away from the loo !!

I was dreadful when I first started to take it but it did settled down after 10ish days. It did also suppress my appetite for a while, but for me, the tummy issues didn’t last past 2 weeks. I was scared to leave the house until it settled down as (sorry for the TMI) I had the absolute raging shites & I was afraid to be too far away from the loo !!
I’m the exact same and it’s only a couple of days in. I really hope it settles 😔

• Heart
Does anyone know if you can take immodium at the start of sertraline? I’m really struggling with the bowels since starting it. It’s wakening me in the night etc 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t get my GP today due to the bank holiday

Things got better initially and I was doing really well but now I’m back to being an anxious mess and not wanting to be alive again. I don’t mind increasing the dose but I don’t want to get better and then drop off again

Things got better initially and I was doing really well but now I’m back to being an anxious mess and not wanting to be alive again. I don’t mind increasing the dose but I don’t want to get better and then drop off again
What dose are you on? I found exactly like that when I was on 50mg and had my dose increased. Felt a million times better for it aside from the sweating!

Please talk to your doctor lovely 💜 I felt exactly the same six weeks in on the 50mg. Moving up to 100mg was a gamechanger for me!
thank you. I have an appointment this week to discuss it anyway so I will mention it

• Heart
So I reached out to the doctor this morning to talk about the extreme sweating on 100mg, despite my mental health improving. There was a massive language barrier but he just said “ok we just stop the sertraline and then side effects will stop”

so blunt. I said to him I’m too scared to just stop! And asked him if I could go back down to 50mg (previously 50mg wasn’t working for me). But I’ll try anything.

i will give it 2 weeks and if either I’m still sweating or feel a relapse I’ll have to call them back.

honestly bleeping useless. I felt like I could have just done this without the help of a doctor.

I’ve fallen through the net at every hurdle with my depression and now it feels like no one is helping me

• Heart
So I reached out to the doctor this morning to talk about the extreme sweating on 100mg, despite my mental health improving. There was a massive language barrier but he just said “ok we just stop the sertraline and then side effects will stop”

so blunt. I said to him I’m too scared to just stop! And asked him if I could go back down to 50mg (previously 50mg wasn’t working for me). But I’ll try anything.

i will give it 2 weeks and if either I’m still sweating or feel a relapse I’ll have to call them back.

honestly bleeping useless. I felt like I could have just done this without the help of a doctor.

I’ve fallen through the net at every hurdle with my depression and now it feels like no one is helping me
sorry you had a crap experience! Don’t know if it’s worth swapping to a different medication that you can taper off while starting another at the same time? I did that when coming off Sertraline and starting Duloxetine.

Has anyone been prescribed sertraline for panic disorder? I first started taking it (50mg) over 2 years ago, went cold Turkey and have recently started taking the same dose again. It does stop the panic attacks but I just feel so numb/unmotivated and down and the doctors not listening. Just wondering if anyone else has similar?

Has anyone been prescribed sertraline for panic disorder? I first started taking it (50mg) over 2 years ago, went cold Turkey and have recently started taking the same dose again. It does stop the panic attacks but I just feel so numb/unmotivated and down and the doctors not listening. Just wondering if anyone else has similar?
It’s called emotional blunting. I had it at first! Common and normal, it does pass! X

Does anyone know if you can take immodium at the start of sertraline? I’m really struggling with the bowels since starting it. It’s wakening me in the night etc 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t get my GP today due to the bank holiday
I’ve taken immodium while on it and been fine.
---
It’s called emotional blunting. I had it at first! Common and normal, it does pass! X
This makes sense! I felt like this for a while after I started taking it and was wondering wtf was happening
---
Getting to the time of year I can’t wear jeans anymore 😅 took my daughter to the park the other day and my back was literally like a waterfall 😅 also everyone remember to drink plenty of fluids as you dehydrate quicker apparently I wasn’t aware of this until a year into taking it 😅

I’ve taken immodium while on it and been fine.
---

This makes sense! I felt like this for a while after I started taking it and was wondering wtf was happening
---
Getting to the time of year I can’t wear jeans anymore 😅 took my daughter to the park the other day and my back was literally like a waterfall 😅 also everyone remember to drink plenty of fluids as you dehydrate quicker apparently I wasn’t aware of this until a year into taking it 😅
Thanks a lot. Still having the stomach issues 🤦🏻‍♀️ hoping it settles it’s coming up to a week since I’ve started them tomorrow