Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just come off 100mg, tapered down over 2 months. Stopped as I felt it was no longer effe tively managing my anxiety and I did not want to increase to 150mg.

I feel so different. Yes, I am still anxious, but the enjoyment has come back into my life. I can think clearly again, I feel mentally stronger, more alert, not willing to put up with people's rubbish.

My appetite has reduced. God damn, sertraline made me so hungry. Now I am back to being a bit more picky. Not feeling like I need to snack all the time. My dreams are better. My memory is clearer.

But my god. The physical flu symptoms are hideous. I still have a dreadful cough, aches in my joints, my arms. I have tested for covid it was that bad and it was negative. Anyone else that has tapered off had the same flu like feelings and how long did it last?

Reactions: 1
I spoke to the doctor today and I’m back on 100mg of sterilise! And I’m so excited to feel better and handle life again.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I came off sertraline gradually and stopped 10 days ago under supervision of GP the brain shocks have been wild. Feel like I'm living in a gitchy videogame. Vision and sound jumping. Feel less depressed now. Needed to come off it cause couldn't stand the night sweats and the excessive sweating in general x

My take on setraline: diarrhoea, sleeping about 20 hours a day, miserable, not eating, feeling more anxious then before.
---
My take on setraline: diarrhoea, sleeping about 20 hours a day, miserable, not eating, feeling more anxious then before.
My appetite has reduced. God damn, sertraline made me so hungry. Now I am back to being a bit more picky. Not feeling like I need to snack all the time. My dreams are better. My memory is clearer.

But my god. The physical flu symptoms are hideous. I still have a dreadful cough, aches in my joints, my arms. I have tested for covid it was that bad and it was negative. Anyone else that has tapered off had the same flu like feelings and how long did it last?
You have literally just described me.
everything, seriously.

I have a dicky belly the last 2 weeks so I wonder if it's the setraline? I have IBS anyway but I've never felt like I'm going to tit myself before 😂

I have a dicky belly the last 2 weeks so I wonder if it's the setraline? I have IBS anyway but I've never felt like I'm going to tit myself before 😂
All I can say when it comes to being of Sertraline, I can tell your from experience, you can never ever EVER trust a fart.

• Haha
All I can say when it comes to being of Sertraline, I can tell your from experience, you can never ever EVER trust a fart.
That is exactly how I've been feeling no lies 🤣 Going to pack some extra underwear and leggings in my bag I think

Reactions: 2
Took almost six months but i'm FINALLY seeing/feeling the benefits of being on this, makes putting up with the side effects so worth it. Could've worked a bit quicker but better late than never 🤣

• Wow
  • Heart
My sweats have got even worse. I am waking up absolutely drenched. I’m going away next week and will be in a double with my husband (rather than our king where I keep keep a distance) so I’m feeling a bit rubbish about that. Every single part of me is dripping and it’s making our bed smell awful. Not of BO, just musty from it constantly getting soaked. Has ANYONE found anything that gives even the slightest relief?x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I used to sweat an embarrassing amount on Sertraline. Actually beads of sweat running down my face. I never linked it to Sertraline at the time!

Anyone else’s side effects seem to go and then come back again?
I got over the worst within about a fortnight but now I seem to be having them again.

Anyone else’s side effects seem to go and then come back again?
I got over the worst within about a fortnight but now I seem to be having them again.
I am sick of the sweating. It’s BAD. Mainly on my forehead and top lip. It’s really having a bad effect on me but I don’t dare change my dose because I can 100% say the sertraline is working for me (100mg).

But because I am quite over weight, people assume I’m dabbing my sweaty face with a tissue cos I’m fat! I’ve been at this weight for 3 years including through pregnancy and never sweat like this before.

I’ve been on a year and a half now, it’s deffo dulled the anxiety and depression but I can still feel it, sometimes it can read up but usually it’s lurking.

I want to come off it but I’m still clinging on and just coping cus I have no choice.. single muvvaaa And I just am too scared to go bareback through life!

what are the alternatives??

I am sick of the sweating. It’s BAD. Mainly on my forehead and top lip. It’s really having a bad effect on me but I don’t dare change my dose because I can 100% say the sertraline is working for me (100mg).

But because I am quite over weight, people assume I’m dabbing my sweaty face with a tissue cos I’m fat! I’ve been at this weight for 3 years including through pregnancy and never sweat like this before.
I couldve written this myself!!!

I really want to stop taking it because I’m feeling like I’m in a good place but I don’t want to deal with the affects of coming off.

God I’m praying someone here has some sort of solution for these sertraline side effects.

I’m on 100mg after 50 had no effect on me. I am CONSTANTLY sweating, and boiling hot. The sweating is mainly my face. Forehead and top lip.

Ive got an active 2 year old and any sort of activity from me, even sometimes just walking or getting on/off the floor I’m as red as a beetroot and sweating.

the social embarrassment is huge and I’m starting to become a recluse because I know people are staring at me when I’m standing there sweating buckets.

bit of a moan …. I feel so stuck because 100% the sertraline is working for me and my mental health has improved. So I am happy to stay on it for that reason, but I am fed up of feeling like a sweaty unhygienic Furness.

God I’m praying someone here has some sort of solution for these sertraline side effects.

I’m on 100mg after 50 had no effect on me. I am CONSTANTLY sweating, and boiling hot. The sweating is mainly my face. Forehead and top lip.

Ive got an active 2 year old and any sort of activity from me, even sometimes just walking or getting on/off the floor I’m as red as a beetroot and sweating.

the social embarrassment is huge and I’m starting to become a recluse because I know people are staring at me when I’m standing there sweating buckets.

bit of a moan …. I feel so stuck because 100% the sertraline is working for me and my mental health has improved. So I am happy to stay on it for that reason, but I am fed up of feeling like a sweaty unhygienic Furness.
have you mentioned it to a dr? they might be able to give you something for it.

also do you consume a lot of caffeine? I have no personal experience to back this up but my friend had an issue with sweating on it and she said reducing her caffeine and keeping it to first thing in the morning helped. I want to say again, I have no experience with that so I have no clue, that’s just what she said happened to her.

Now that the weather and humidity is rising I can feel the sweats a lot more. I’m naturally a freezer so I’ve only really got them at night but atm I am sweating as soon as I get out of the shower

100% feel you. It is absolutely horrific for me during the night, I am pouring with sweat. I’ve noticed that as soon as I exert myself even slightly it starts. I feel like I am a lot hotter than I ever used to be. It’s awful.