Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’ve accidentally tapered myself off Sertraline and I feel so full of rage. I kept forgetting to take it and then eventually ran out and couldn’t afford the prescription charge so just didn’t request a repeat.

But oh my god. I’ve not taken any for about a week now so could this still be withdrawal or is this just my unmedicated brain? I am so so angry and keep losing my temper. I even find myself just thinking horrible, negative thoughts about random people or while scrolling social media.

I need to get back in contact with the doctor as I can’t carry on like this.

Reactions: 1
I would defo get in touch with a doctor ASAP. It absolutely infuriates me that people are put in a position where they are unable to afford medication and just go without. The system is fucked. If you taper off I think it’s another 2 weeks to completely wash out so it’s natural you feel like this.

I drank for the first time in ages on the weekend and i am absolutely fucked from it. My hangover, anxiety, panic etc all absolutely horrendous.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I want to come off the sertraline.
I don’t know if it’s making me feel more miserable tbh.
I ache all over everyday, I sweat a lot, I feel cold, my bones ache, I have zero energy to do even the most basic of things, I have a short fuse & get very frustrated over the most silliest of things.
I never used to be like this before. I thought maybe it was the flu but this has gone on a few weeks now.
I just want to feel happy & content 💔😢

I ache all over everyday, I sweat a lot, I feel cold, my bones ache, I have zero energy to do even the most basic of things, I have a short fuse & get very frustrated over the most silliest of things.
I never used to be like this before. I thought maybe it was the flu but this has gone on a few weeks now.
I am the very same !!!

Speak to your doctor. It could be that Sertraline isn’t the one for you and there could be an alternative if needed.

Reactions: 4
Speak to your doctor. It could be that Sertraline isn’t the one for you and there could be an alternative if needed.
I completely agree with you. Unfortunately I think anti depressants all come with their own side effects but if they are taking over your life it’s just not worth it. You’ll need to taper off, wash out and then start a new medication.

How far into taking them are you? I personally would not make any decisions until you are + 2/3 months into them x

I completely agree with you. Unfortunately I think anti depressants all come with their own side effects but if they are taking over your life it’s just not worth it. You’ll need to taper off, wash out and then start a new medication.

How far into taking them are you? I personally would not make any decisions until you are + 2/3 months into them x
I started them beginning of February following a mental breakdown. I don’t know if it was a placebo effect but the first week or two was hideous but after I seemed to pick up massively and felt happy that I’ve finally found something that will help. Now I’ve crashed again, struggling with pretty much everything, I have a 2 year old who is on the go constantly and I’m finding that really tough.

• Sad
I started them beginning of February following a mental breakdown. I don’t know if it was a placebo effect but the first week or two was hideous but after I seemed to pick up massively and felt happy that I’ve finally found something that will help. Now I’ve crashed again, struggling with pretty much everything, I have a 2 year old who is on the go constantly and I’m finding that really tough.
So sorry to read this, What dosage are you on?

The exact thing happened to me. I crashed hard after about 4 weeks of being on it and was upped to 100mg which has made a massive difference. I can’t lie and say I don’t have side effects but honestly the mental improvement outweighs those.
Can I ask, do you drink? I drank for the first time since being on them at the weekend and it well and truely fucked me up. Could just be me but my mental health plummeted the mast couple of days.

Perhaps you need a higher dose?
I would honestly recommend you speaking to your doctor. They can give you the best guidance on how to move forward with your medication. Sending you lots of love, we all know how tough it can be ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone take their dose at night? I’m thinking of switching to night to combat the tiredness I have been feeling from it. I also think it’s starting to interact with the amount of coffee I consume!

Does anyone take their dose at night? I’m thinking of switching to night to combat the tiredness I have been feeling from it. I also think it’s starting to interact with the amount of coffee I consume!
I take mine at 7pm with my evening meal. I find it works well for me.

I get the most horrific insomnia if I take it at night which is a shame as I get tired too! So I have to stick with morning doses as the main reason I went on it was cos my anxiety kept me awake at night 🤣 Everyone seems to be different though so it’s definitely worth playing around with timing!

I wonder if it could be down to me taking it on an empty stomach. I take it at about 6am on an empty stomach and then after I’m drinking 3 cups of coffee and then have lunch.
I feel absolutely catatonic today. So so so tired with a weird anxiety and a bit agitated. I was absolutely fine on it until the weekend when I drank too much and it absolutely floored me!!!

• Heart
I wonder if it could be down to me taking it on an empty stomach. I take it at about 6am on an empty stomach and then after I’m drinking 3 cups of coffee and then have lunch.
I feel absolutely catatonic today. So so so tired with a weird anxiety and a bit agitated. I was absolutely fine on it until the weekend when I drank too much and it absolutely floored me!!!
How long have you been on it now? I used to get like this for the first few months before my body acclimatised to it. Now I can drink alcohol and coffee and usually be okay! I do find that I get more anxious when I take it on an empty stomach though, I get kinda jittery!

I changed from taking it at night to taking it first thing in the morning with breakfast. I used to be very tired otherwise

How long have you been on it now? I used to get like this for the first few months before my body acclimatised to it. Now I can drink alcohol and coffee and usually be okay! I do find that I get more anxious when I take it on an empty stomach though, I get kinda jittery!
2 months today, went up from 50mg to 100mg after the first month!

Yes I definitely am jittery. I just can’t bloody stomach breakfast so just take it first thing when I wake up so I don’t forget. My only real side effects are the real tiredness and the awful night sweats. Hoping it’ll level out!

I take mine at 9pm and it’s been better for me.
Started taking it at 7am but it made me feel so nauseous!
Hope you’re ok!

At what point did you all start to feel better and when did you realise?
Mentally, after my dose was upped at around week 3.
Physically, I’m still struggling with tiredness and night sweating. I’ve just done two months.
---
I take mine at 9pm and it’s been better for me.
Started taking it at 7am but it made me feel so nauseous!
Hope you’re ok!
Did you struggle with the tiredness too?x

• Heart