Experiences with setraline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been taking setraline for 3 weeks and I don’t feel any different whatsoever, should I be feeling any different by now? 🥺
I’ve also had zero side effects apart from feeling slightly more tired 🤷🏼‍♀️
It might take a bit longer than 3 weeks to feel any different. But go back to your dr if you don’t feel like it’s working. X

Reactions: 1
I take 150mg Sertraline a day, it helps me but I've found I get used to the dose and then feel like it isn't working. Makes me very tired and get awful heartburn! I've forgotten to take it a couple of times and get the shakes, sweats etc...

Iv just changed to sertraline from mirtazapine and wow it was genuinely horrific. I was hallucinating, paranoid that my friends and family wanted me dead, my husband was cheating on me, at one point there was a fox tail that walked past the bed 😂 my mood swings out of control and everyone was an enemy along with a constant noise in my head that I cant describe. Then one day after about a week I was just "normal". And it's like I have a whole new found lease of life again.
I hope it continues as it currently is because I cannot go through that again switching to other medications.

Has anyone else found they are extra sweaty on sertraline? I get a sweaty hairline now which makes my fringe damp and is very obvious and embarrassing

Reactions: 2
I'm a sweaty beast. Only been on it 3.5w.

Anxiety is worse than ever and I'm terrified I'm a lost cause. I can't imagine feeling well again and I feel like giving in.

I’m really struggling at the moment. I still have my repeat prescription for this and I think I need to go back on it again.

It gave me such bad headaches/sickness feeling for a while which did eventually pass. I also struggled to sleep but it definitely did help.

The world is making me an anxious mess and I just can’t cope very well at the moment.

I’m really struggling at the moment. I still have my repeat prescription for this and I think I need to go back on it again.

It gave me such bad headaches/sickness feeling for a while which did eventually pass. I also struggled to sleep but it definitely did help.

The world is making me an anxious mess and I just can’t cope very well at the moment.
I'm 5w 2d in and the headaches have subsided now. I was sick for a week. I'm really glad I stuck with it and hope to see some positive effects soon. I guess I already have - I brushed my teeth and did laundry.

Re the sleep struggle, could you look at adjusting the time of day you take it to see if that helps this time? Good luck. You deserve to feel well.

I'm 5w 2d in and the headaches have subsided now. I was sick for a week. I'm really glad I stuck with it and hope to see some positive effects soon. I guess I already have - I brushed my teeth and did laundry.

Re the sleep struggle, could you look at adjusting the time of day you take it to see if that helps this time? Good luck. You deserve to feel well.
The headaches stopped after the first two weeks for me, the sickness took a long time to settle.
I tried taking them in the morning but just felt too alert and by night I couldn’t switch off at all. I then tried at night but found myself feeling very out of it by the morning. My pupils were so large, and I felt very irrational. I don’t know what to do :(

The headaches stopped after the first two weeks for me, the sickness took a long time to settle.
I tried taking them in the morning but just felt too alert and by night I couldn’t switch off at all. I then tried at night but found myself feeling very out of it by the morning. My pupils were so large, and I felt very irrational. I don’t know what to do :(
Are you able to try a different medication? I wonder if anyone in this thread has tried taking it midday-ish

Are you able to try a different medication? I wonder if anyone in this thread has tried taking it midday-ish
It’s near impossible to get an appointment, I would have to wait until my holiday until I could even try to book one. Phone lines open at 9 for appointments and I’m working by then. When I try phone on my break, they’re all gone. I think I’ll have to put myself back on it in the mean time.

if anyone has tried it mid day, I’d love to know about it.

• Heart
Hi all. Have been prescribed 50mg of sertraline for generalised anxiety.

Took my first one last night at 11:00pm. Woke up about 5:00am for the loo and felt like I was having an out of body experience. I could walk but it felt like I was floating. Had a sudden urge to throw up. Nothing came out but I ended up sat next to the toilet for about 20 mins just in case😅

Today I feel slightly dizzy and a little nauseous, usually have a decreased appetite due to my anxiety but I’m not hungry at all. Feel really cold too and shaky.

I know it’s expected to feel worse before you start to feel better but is it likely the physical symptoms increase as the first couple of weeks go on?

When I first started I was advised to bite the 50mg in half for 2 weeks then I gradually went up to 150mg. Maybe the 50mg is too much of a shock to the system? Also I take them in the morning as they gave me insomnia initially.

Omg yes! And I got terrible night sweats. I used to wake up on a morning completely drenched.

Took sertraline for around a year and was an absolute idiot with it. Two that spring to mind were taking kalms with it (high dose + kalms left me pretty much out of it at my desk for three hours)
Then I decided one day I didn’t need them- “weaned” myself off them in a daft way (just taking them willy nilly) had an absolute crash a month or so later and thought I might end up being put on a section. Looking back I clearly wasn’t as well as I thought I was and the urge to come off them was just me being impulsive.
Same here with the sweating in bed at night. It’s only my legs too which is annoying. It helps finding the right mattress and bedding but I often wake up in the middle of the night freezing because I’ve been sweating so much and the cold air is hitting my body. It’s so annoying. Although on the plus side my legs have cleared up because of the “sauna session” 😂😂

Hi everyone.

I've been on 50mg for 11w. Intrusive thoughts have decreased a bit but the anxiety is still unbearable.

How long did you give your first dose before deciding to increase? I feel it's inevitable at this point. I have no quality of life.

• Heart
Hi everyone.

I've been on 50mg for 11w. Intrusive thoughts have decreased a bit but the anxiety is still unbearable.

How long did you give your first dose before deciding to increase? I feel it's inevitable at this point. I have no quality of life.
only been on it 4 weeks, totally empathise. Wish I could give you advice but in the same boat so just want to say you’re not alone. X

• Heart
50mg is a really low dose on Sertraline. For me (OCD and severe physical anxiety symptoms with low mood as a result) the therapeutic dose was 159mg - which is where the research suggests it should be according to my psychiatrist at the time. Maybe speak to your doctor @TapToBoreMeRigid to look at increasing x

50mg is a really low dose on Sertraline. For me (OCD and severe physical anxiety symptoms with low mood as a result) the therapeutic dose was 159mg - which is where the research suggests it should be according to my psychiatrist at the time. Maybe speak to your doctor @TapToBoreMeRigid to look at increasing x
Thank you. I definitely will talk to my doc. I've waited and waited; hoping the dose would help. I think an increase is the only way to afford me some quality of life.