Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m sorry, but my main take on bus evening - before I pass out in a pool of my own Havana Club vomit - is that actual Australia can actually go actually fuck themselves, the rude; tasteless and pretentious bastards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Also, 12-points from lovely France and Germany - who both deserved a much better result tonight - well, all you Brexit loving, EU hating twats can go shove that up your arses. Thank you, Europe! My EU citizen of another half was promised an epic shag if the UK finished in the top 5 so I’m off to deliver. Tally Ho!

• Haha
Reactions: 32

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
It’s worth remembering that Sam won the jury vote, and still did amazing in the public vote . Yes Ukraine got more public votes than they may have done in another year , but it’s still a decent enough Eurovision song . The whole point of Eurovision was to unify European countries after war, so it seems fitting that Ukraine have won ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Last year we got 0. This year we came SECOND. Foreigners like us again!
A bloody pop singer has done more for this country’s image than anyone else for flipping years.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Hallowmaiden

My favorite moment was when France gave United kingdom 12 points but United kingdom had no idea because they didn't know what "United kingdom" translates to in french. Completely understandable though as it haven't been said in Eurovision for 25 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I liked the Ukraine song anyway, but they were always going to get the sympathy vote. Sam will be coming back to the UK a star. Those boys will be conscripted into the Ukrainian army to fight for their lives, so good for them that they had a lovely night and won.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

HelloHeyHi

VIP Member
I’ve just read on Twitter that the contestants for Ukraine have said they will be back on the frontline on Monday (tomorrow) 🥺 Makes it even more of a deserved win on reflection doesn’t it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

strawb

VIP Member
imagine getting all dressed up to say your country's 12 points and then fucking martin says it

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Tublet83

VIP Member
So I was reading the bbc hired tap music a legitimate international music agency for the first time and they found Sam to reprsent the uk. Tap music also donated their entire fee to charitable causes connected to Ukraine.

I feel all fuzzy inside

• Heart
Reactions: 26

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
I don't view it as a sympathy vote, I view it as a fuck you to russia tbh.
100% this . Had the song been absolutely terrible , and they still won, fair enough in calling it a pity vote . But it was ( imo) still a better Eurovision song than many tonight . No one is saying anything about other countries who scored lower than Ukraine in the jury but got hundreds of public votes . Yes they may have got additional public votes because of the situation, but to me that’s a solidarity vote, not a pity one.

When those boys go back to Ukraine, they will almost certainly face being subscripted into the army to defend their country. even if they don’t end up fighting themselves , they will likely know ( and lose) people close to them through the conflict . Sam, along with the Swedish, Spanish etc entrants will be going home to continue their musical careers, see their families and go about their daily life . To say Sam , or any of the other contestants were robbed by a pity vote seems a bit like sour grapes 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 25

WordsFromReuben

VIP Member
Well ain’t that typical the year everyone loves us there’s a war and Ukraine deservingly receives the votes.. I’d say better luck next year but everyone will prob hate us by then lol

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Lilu22

VIP Member
I still haven’t recovered from the fact France, Germany and Belgium gave us 12 points in the jury vote!🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
3 points from Spain are they taking the piss? From the age of 18-21 I practically kept that country’s bars & nightclubs afloat for one week a year.

• Haha
Reactions: 23