Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heidi88

VIP Member
It’s worth remembering that Sam won the jury vote, and still did amazing in the public vote . Yes Ukraine got more public votes than they may have done in another year , but it’s still a decent enough Eurovision song . The whole point of Eurovision was to unify European countries after war, so it seems fitting that Ukraine have won ❤
Well said! The amount of begrudgers in this thread giving out that Ukraine won is awful.

I read that the members have to go back to Ukraine soon after as they are all fighting age men.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Jesus, I didn't read Tattle at all while Eurovision was on and you're on part 3 already?! I have a lot of reading to do tomorrow. You know what, I've had a few wines, but I'm not mad at all about Ukraine winning. Yeah, we probably would have won if there wasn't a war in Ukraine, but I can't be mad about Europe showing solidarity to Ukraine. We got second place, after last year's double nul points and being at the bottom for so long, this is a win for us, woo I love you Sam ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 21

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I would say if there wasn’t a war happening in Ukraine they wouldn’t have got 1st place. So in my mind, since U.K. was 2nd, we are really the true winners!!
Not begrudging the Ukrainians, I hope this brings some cheer to their people.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I would say if there wasn’t a war happening in Ukraine they wouldn’t have got 1st place. So in my mind, since U.K. was 2nd, we are really the true winners!!
Not begrudging the Ukrainians, I hope this brings some cheer to their people.
Bloody Putin! Cost us Eurovision!

• Haha

Clovis

VIP Member
Runner up is an excellent result. Ukraine were always going to win given the circumstances. Congrats UK and Sam.

Reactions: 20

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
It just proves actually that our poor results over the last 20 years are nothing to do with politics and more to do with the fact that we’ve sent crap songs and haven’t taken it seriously. Im intrigued to know what the BBC will do next year, because this year they clearly got it right.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

footylass2021

Not taking the vote away from Ukraine as it was a good song but ironic how you can’t vote for your own country but there’s about 5/6 million Ukraine refugees living in other countries enabling them to vote for their own 😂😂🙈🙈

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 18