Eurovision Song Contest 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
to be fair Eurovision is always virtually a 50 % a political voting (and it used to be 100 %), so I dont think it's very fair to pretty much put a asteriks on it because of the war.

Reactions: 3
Should’ve been a thing that if Ukraine won whoever was second hosted next year imo (as long as the second place country was willing to host)
Yeah, going to be a bit tricky hosting Eurovision in Kyiv next year.
Since we came 2nd and Zelensky is big pals with Boris we may end up hosting it in support of Ukraine.

Reactions: 4
I think we ought to host next year as we would have probably won this one had it not been for Ukraine.
hrmm not sure about that I feel we have gone up in a lot of countries estimations because of the support we are giving Ukraine

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s worth remembering that Sam won the jury vote, and still did amazing in the public vote . Yes Ukraine got more public votes than they may have done in another year , but it’s still a decent enough Eurovision song . The whole point of Eurovision was to unify European countries after war, so it seems fitting that Ukraine have won ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I liked the Ukraine song anyway, but they were always going to get the sympathy vote. Sam will be coming back to the UK a star. Those boys will be conscripted into the Ukrainian army to fight for their lives, so good for them that they had a lovely night and won.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.