Eurovision Song Contest 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus, I didn't read Tattle at all while Eurovision was on and you're on part 3 already?! I have a lot of reading to do tomorrow. You know what, I've had a few wines, but I'm not mad at all about Ukraine winning. Yeah, we probably would have won if there wasn't a war in Ukraine, but I can't be mad about Europe showing solidarity to Ukraine. We got second place, after last year's double nul points and being at the bottom for so long, this is a win for us, woo I love you Sam ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Mika would be a perfect candidate for us. Great singer, handsome and just enough Eurovision camp.
yes I always thought that, had also been wondering what happened to him!
Overall best eurovision in ages, so happy for ukraine and cannot believe the UK result!

Reactions: 7
I've got everybody's gonna love today, love today, LOVE TODAAAY 🤣
I’ve got I could be blue I could be violet sky 🤣 (also got that give that wolf a banana because of Norway 😆)

And on that note, good night and god bless folks and thank you to those people who have been commenting on the Eurovision threads before tonight for making someone like me who jumped on at the final welcome, I’ve had a blast reading the threads and commenting, and finally congratulations to Ukraine and to the UK 🇺🇦🇬🇧❤🙌 Roll on next years contest 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't view it as a sympathy vote, I view it as a duck you to russia tbh.
100% this . Had the song been absolutely terrible , and they still won, fair enough in calling it a pity vote . But it was ( imo) still a better Eurovision song than many tonight . No one is saying anything about other countries who scored lower than Ukraine in the jury but got hundreds of public votes . Yes they may have got additional public votes because of the situation, but to me that’s a solidarity vote, not a pity one.

When those boys go back to Ukraine, they will almost certainly face being subscripted into the army to defend their country. even if they don’t end up fighting themselves , they will likely know ( and lose) people close to them through the conflict . Sam, along with the Swedish, Spanish etc entrants will be going home to continue their musical careers, see their families and go about their daily life . To say Sam , or any of the other contestants were robbed by a pity vote seems a bit like sour grapes 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sam came 6th in the public vote? Pretty good going
I though it worked out that we came 5th in the public vote?

Edit: We did come 5th in the public vote

The televotes worked out as

Ukraine - 439
Moldova - 239
Spain - 228
Serbia - 225
UK - 183

Also the Ukraine received 28 out of 39 maximum 12 points in the public vote

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’ve just read on Twitter that the contestants for Ukraine have said they will be back on the frontline on Monday (tomorrow) 🥺 Makes it even more of a deserved win on reflection doesn’t it?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
anyone else find the serbian vote thing so bizarre?
The public vote? It would’ve translated very well to Balkan countries and it was trending a lot before the contest. I think Poland have Konstrakta an award for the song.

Reactions: 3
Is there a list of which countries voted for us and what they awarded us? I know my mum is going to ask me in the morning and I turned off during that bit…

Reactions: 1
Is there a list of which countries voted for us and what they awarded us? I know my mum is going to ask me in the morning and I turned off during that bit…
Here you go, I’ve already filtered it on who voted for the UK both in the public and jury vote. It also shows who the UK voted for

This also shows that Australia gave the UK 7 points in the public vote even though their jury gave us nothing

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Went to bed after the last performance yesterday. Unsurprisingly, Germany was last, snoozefest of a song and right behind Ukreaine. Happy for them that they won it, even though it wasn't really my thing.
I would see how many years it is until Germany no longer automatically is in the finals

Reactions: 4
Went to bed after the last performance yesterday. Unsurprisingly, Germany was last, snoozefest of a song and right behind Ukreaine. Happy for them that they won it, even though it wasn't really my thing.
I would see how many years it is until Germany no longer automatically is in the finals
Germany will always be in the Finale because they are one of the biggest money giver countries.
They do not want to miss out on that cash

Reactions: 5
Germany will always be in the Finale because they are one of the biggest money giver countries.
They do not want to miss out on that cash
I know, but it is so wasted....nothing good for several years now.

Reactions: 3
I know, but it is so wasted....nothing good for several years now.
The song was awful though, if the UK can manage to get 2nd with a half decent song Germany definitely can

I’ve woken up still on a high 😅 About 30 years of watching Eurovision and last night was amazing 🤣

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.