Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilu22

VIP Member
Apparently shortlist at 8:30am tomorrow! Can’t wait for Darlington to be at the top of the list!😂

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I reckon Cardiff will try for it. It hasn't been to Wales. Mark Drakeford would love to get one over the English and take it to Wales. They have lots of lovely countryside for the postcards bits.
It would have to be in the Principality with the roof closed then, because Cardiff arena is really small and pokey.

kev1974

VIP Member
Let’s be realistic whilst there is a war in Ukraine it is not safe to hold the competition there.

It’a rubbish they didn’t inform Ukraine of the decision, and I understand the upset. Nevertheless, the decision is right one.

Looking forward to going to this! I wonder what city will be chosen to host… any guesses?
Whichever city has the biggest indoor arena which is not already booked by touring pop acts and importantly can be freed up for a couple of months. Would be brave to try to hold it in one of the outdoor or semi-outdoor venues like Wembley or the Olympic stadium in May.

Mini cost/benefit analysis of hosting Eurovision. I've shared this before, but there aren't a lot of in depth analysis available online and this is rather out of date.

Merpedy

VIP Member
It’s not cheesy 🤦‍♀️ He was already signed by Warner Music before Eurovision and they are always saying how much they love him so I assume they know what they’re doing with co-writers. Not every song has to be a sad song or EDM.

And he has his collab with David Guetta and Sigala otw.
I’ve listened to some of his older stuff and while I like it it’s still fairly cheesy or overly repetitive. Nothing about the songs being sad or EDM, though the whole positivity thing that he seems to be going for with the theme of the song isn’t really for me

Even with him being signed to a successful label, I don’t think it means much is his only hit song is going to be Space Man. It very much would still leave Eurovision in that area of being only known for it, but at least it’s no longer seen as a joke

Something something everyone has personal tastes in music

Merpedy

VIP Member
2) What if they did host it and Putin's army dropped bombs over the venue?
Unlikely to happen

I honestly think the problem would probably be more with the tourism/accessibility side of things? Obviously a lot can happen between now and next year, but if this continues as it's been going I doubt that people are going to easily get to Ukraine* or book hotels just because Eurovision is on

*as I'd understand from some Googling Ukrainian airspace is closed at the moment - would we require special visas for all those Eurovision fans... because obviously you can't suddenly open the airspace for everyone?

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Cardiff ruled itself out for this very reason, the principality (or Millenium Stadium as to give its proper name) is fully booked.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Doesn’t one of the presenters have to be able to speak French as well as English? That’s why they had Ulrika hosting in 1998 because she’s fluent in French as well as English.
Well yes. Used be a time Eurovision was 100% Bilingual. But still, they'd need someone who speaks French even if it is a couple of lines these days

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Revisiting my favorite ESC songs from the past years - I posted about Margaret Berger's Feed You My Love (and my love for this song) here before, but I came across Kedvesem by ByeAlex (Hungary) again. Forgot about how obsessed was with that song!!!