Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wanted to reply to nohorsehans story about anyone known of any puppies for her Dad and say why not consider a rescue dog? Does my head in how people always want puppies when there's so many other dogs needing homes!
I saw that Shelley is sending Pea away for rebacking to then put her up for sale. Good decision I think, and good to be so open about it when a horse is too much for you. Wonder if she'll get another one or just concentrate on Molly
And is RWC wearing her riding hat for skiing?! 😂😂
She got a silk for a riding hat and put it on the ski hat.

With the Imhotep ones I had to cut it out and blow it up in Photoshop on a 27" display to see that it clearly wasn't the tongue at all. But once people run away with something, they are like a pack of terriers with a rat. They won't let go and if you try to put your hand in there you get bitten...

Didn't she ask permission to put shoes on? To be honest I am sure that was discussed. I also doubt she just dragged him out for jollies. She knows better. Or at least she should know better. The jollies is just what she filmed. She said she was finding it hard to find the time to ride 2 a day which is fair enough. It would indicate that she did ride him in between the jollies. The owner also hadn't done anything much with the horse as he had lost interest so whilst I have no doubt his time with Tina didn't improve his schooling, he wasn't sent there on schooling livery, his owner had lost interest.
She was away an awful lot of the time filming on Banksy. Obviously we don’t see everything she does, but I questioned Louie’s fitness at the time when she galloped him up and down the beach. For someone who shares so much, she certainly did not share a lot of Louie, so I don’t think you can blame us for questioning her attitude towards his fitness and how fair she was to him.

Reactions: 9
I think the fact that Louie’s owner has made a comment about the horse basically just going on a holiday with Tina to bomb around is fairly indicative of the fact that Tina didn’t do much else with him.

I think the fact that Louie’s owner has made a comment about the horse basically just going on a holiday with Tina to bomb around is fairly indicative of the fact that Tina didn’t do much else with him.
I don't watch much of her stuff because I am 1) not that interested and b) find her voice too irritating (which isn't her fault but she does shriek a lot), I just remember she did once say she was struggling to ride them both every day so I took that to mean she did ride Louie most days. I think she liked the idea of having him better than the reality, and then there was all the family stuff.

Reactions: 4
I don't watch much of her stuff because I am 1) not that interested and b) find her voice too irritating (which isn't her fault but she does shriek a lot), I just remember she did once say she was struggling to ride them both every day so I took that to mean she did ride Louie most days. I think she liked the idea of having him better than the reality, and then there was all the family stuff.
I think you've nailed it (from my opinion at least) with the bit in bold. She thought Banks would be off work for longer and she would have loads of spare time to have fun in a low pressure way with Louie. In reality, Banks was in work and then her family situation went wrong. That's just how life pans out sometimes

Reactions: 6
Wanted to reply to nohorsehans story about anyone known of any puppies for her Dad and say why not consider a rescue dog? Does my head in how people always want puppies when there's so many other dogs needing homes!
I saw that Shelley is sending Pea away for rebacking to then put her up for sale. Good decision I think, and good to be so open about it when a horse is too much for you. Wonder if she'll get another one or just concentrate on Molly
And is RWC wearing her riding hat for skiing?! 😂😂
Im afraid I’m the opposite, nothing more annoying than people asking about puppies and being told to adopt. IMO adopting isn’t straightforward and it’s not for everyone, the important thing is that whether you adopt or buy that you do it responsibly and with great thought after researching your breeds. Too many people adopt because they feel they have to and the poor dog ends up going back time and time again. Then there’s how difficult it is to actually adopt a dog ….

Reactions: 31
Im afraid I’m the opposite, nothing more annoying than people asking about puppies and being told to adopt. IMO adopting isn’t straightforward and it’s not for everyone, the important thing is that whether you adopt or buy that you do it responsibly and with great thought after researching your breeds. Too many people adopt because they feel they have to and the poor dog ends up going back time and time again. Then there’s how difficult it is to actually adopt a dog ….
Couldn’t agree more!!! Adopting is great if you are in the right circumstances and yes, ideally, everyone would adopt. But like you said, not everyone is able to for one reason or another and you do have to match specific criteria if you do want to. The next best thing is to buy from reputable breeders and research your breed and not buy from backyard breeders or buy a breed because they’re fashionable as often these come with more health issues (again, mostly due to backyard breeding).

Reactions: 15
Couldn’t agree more!!! Adopting is great if you are in the right circumstances and yes, ideally, everyone would adopt. But like you said, not everyone is able to for one reason or another and you do have to match specific criteria if you do want to. The next best thing is to buy from reputable breeders and research your breed and not buy from backyard breeders or buy a breed because they’re fashionable as often these come with more health issues (again, mostly due to backyard breeding).
Agree. We got our dog from a respected breeder. Both parents extensively health tested. We will most likely be getting another this year, we will be looking for a puppy by the same stud.
Adopting isn’t always the right thing to do, too many badly bred dogs, physical and behaviour issues.

Agree. We got our dog from a respected breeder. Both parents extensively health tested. We will most likely be getting another this year, we will be looking for a puppy by the same stud.
Adopting isn’t always the right thing to do, too many badly bred dogs, physical and behaviour issues.
I think making such a huge decision to add a family member to your home should be right for the family involved and not because they’ve been made to feel guilty about the dogs current circumstances. Was glad to see that there’s been a big drop in the breeding of some of the more popular overbred dogs though, pugs, French bulldogs, English bulldogs, chihuahua have all declined by over 30% IIRC in the last 12 months.

Reactions: 6
If you work, have children, don't have a garden etc etc etc.... then no rescue dog for you!!

Reactions: 7
I’d get turned away from a rescue before they even finished reading my application! No secure garden and the dog would come to work with me near a very dangerous road with again nothing to stop the dog escaping. And I don’t think they would take to kindly to me chaining said dog up all day long. A puppy would be far better for me as they are much easier to train as they haven’t previously been traumatised or spent a lot of time in a kennel which is nothing like the life my dog lives.

If you work, have children, don't have a garden etc etc etc.... then no rescue dog for you!!
My friends mum wanted a little companion lap dog, she's fit and well to take them for walks and has weekly coffee dates with friends who have encl8sex

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My friends mum wanted a little companion lap dog, she's fit and well to take them for walks and has weekly coffee dates with friends who have encl8sex

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’m guessing Tattle did its thing of freezing and being difficult to post? I’m crying laughing at the last sentence.

• Haha
  • Wow
Then there’s how difficult it is to actually adopt a dog ….
Agree. I recently tried to adopt. Experienced with rescue dogs, experienced fosterer for several years, mostly large breeds. I’ve only ever bought one dog in my life, the rest have all been rescues and a couple of failed fosters. Adult only household, someone almost always home, I work from home, secure garden with high fences no visiting children. Good dog walking area.
I have another dog who gets on well with other dogs and a cat who’s been with dogs her whole life. I had cats all along too so I’m used to introductions.
Rescues wouldn’t give me the time of day. I watched them beg for homes, but not even reply to me. This was more than one rescue.
Frankly I’m sick of the adopt don’t shop crowd guilting people from their ivory towers.
I did a private rehome instead in the end for a gorgeous dog that had clearly come from one of those back yard breeders into a totally unsuitable home. So a dog still got saved from a bad future.

getting a well bred puppy supports responsible breeding. We should be doing that or the good breeders would die out leaving just the puppy mills

• Heart
Reactions: 19
🤣🤣🤣 oh my god......thanks tattle. It was meant to say enclosed garden ( I swear 🤣 ). Despite being able to offer a great home she was turned down as no garden of her own.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
🤣🤣🤣 oh my god......thanks tattle. It was meant to say enclosed garden ( I swear 🤣 ). Despite being able to offer a great home she was turned down as no garden of her own.
I honestly laughed so much at this 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was refused a rescue dog from 3 different places, as my partner and I both work full time jobs. Even though he works early mornings, I work afternoons/evenings so our dog is only alone for 2-3hrs. Some of the rescues are ridiculous!

Reactions: 3
A friends mum was refused a rescue dog as she was in her 60s and was told she might die soon

• Wow
Reactions: 11
We were refused a rescue dog because there were 3 adult in the house and one was a male. Our garden backed on to fields.
So we bought a puppy.

• Sad
A friends mum was refused a rescue dog as she was in her 60s and was told she might die soon
But people die before they are 60 so thats bleeping bullshit. I know people that have died before they were 40 due to illness one leaving behind their dog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.