Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching Megs vlog where she has a lesson on the 12yr old bay eventer….. Firstly the constant “yeah” is absolutely frustrating, and does she not know how to ride a circle, being told not to pull on the inside rein to ride a circle, I mean these girls have millions of lessons a year with some of the best in the country and they still ride like they don’t know what they are doing. I don’t overly rate her as rider, she rides like she has no confidence at all and it’s the same same every time we see a training vlog.
The vlog where the French guy rode Wilma done my brain in with the constant “yyeeeeaaaahhhhh” and asking what she should be doing with her, hasn’t she asked this question to others before? I thought Wilma looked incredibly weak looking and super slender in her condition, however I did like how he rode her - Light on her back.
Yep, summed up exactly what I thought/think, Megs just going backwards in every way with her riding and I don’t understand it. I think Wilma is a lovely little horse, but I’m honestly not convinced they’re a good match competition wise. Like Addie I don’t understand why these horses are struggling to trot/canter a circle without falling behind the leg so much and why it’s so much effort to do something so basic.

Meg and Em are told the same thing over and over again, yet go away and continue to repeat their bad habits and not improve themselves or the horse.

Reactions: 1
Yes
Yep, summed up exactly what I thought/think, Megs just going backwards in every way with her riding and I don’t understand it. I think Wilma is a lovely little horse, but I’m honestly not convinced they’re a good match competition wise. Like Addie I don’t understand why these horses are struggling to trot/canter a circle without falling behind the leg so much and why it’s so much effort to do something so basic.

Meg and Em are told the same thing over and over again, yet go away and continue to repeat their bad habits and not improve themselves or the horse.
Yes I agree. I cannot understand how they can have such wonderful tuition with training and yet they are still no further ahead, if not have no understanding of the basics. I watched EM’s arena XC lesson and it’s just awful to watch. Megs the same old omg I can’t see a stride with the same old answers from the trainers it comes from rhythm etc etc, it really does my head in LOL

I think em has said that consistency with one trainer may be better going forward. I think Paul tapner is intending to be in her area more frequently in future. To compete at the level em wants in 2024 (ie she's alluded to a novice goal by end of season), she will need that help.
For meg: it's psychological and a fundamental lack of trust. I dont really think riding youngsters is the way to go for her. Nor the likes of bear whose jump wasn't ever natural ability. Realistically, if meg had fewer horses and bought something with more mileage, it'd help her more in the long run. (Undoubtedly, Wilma will be a solid packer at be90 eventually...but on the journey there, she mightnt be quite as forgiving as jam if she's as green as what I think she may truly be....).

Reactions: 2
1975kg will be the unladen weight, ie, what it weighs when it drives out the Peugeot factory. The horsebox companies then convert them and make them heavier, with the bulkhead partitions etc.

I've heard some companies then take out the partitions, sometimes even the spare seats, and drive to have the lorry weighed, no fuel, and get out the lorry when its weighed. This is how they advertise a payload of 1200kg. But actually these lorries can only have a payload of about 700kg when weighed with water / fuel / partitions / 1 person on board. So many people get caught out near me becuase we're near a DVLA weighbridge.
Spare wheels weigh a fair bit

Reactions: 1
I think em has said that consistency with one trainer may be better going forward. I think Paul tapner is intending to be in her area more frequently in future. To compete at the level em wants in 2024 (ie she's alluded to a novice goal by end of season), she will need that help.
For meg: it's psychological and a fundamental lack of trust. I dont really think riding youngsters is the way to go for her. Nor the likes of bear whose jump wasn't ever natural ability. Realistically, if meg had fewer horses and bought something with more mileage, it'd help her more in the long run. (Undoubtedly, Wilma will be a solid packer at be90 eventually...but on the journey there, she mightnt be quite as forgiving as jam if she's as green as what I think she may truly be....).
Consistency is a good point. While all the trainers are amazing and I'm sure many would kill to have experience like this, you must find that one tells you something and then the next, the total opposite!

Has anybody watched Millie Stennett’s content on Instagram? I think she’s more famous on TikTok. Some of her reels are funny but the language is foul and some of her viewers are quite young.

I also think they need to stop schooling in a jumping saddle, either a decent GP or even a dressage saddle, both Em & Meg need to be in a deeper, driving seat to help get the horses going forwards. I don’t understand why either of them are constantly schooling in a jumping saddle when neither can maintain a pace. Meg has gotten too used to riding defensively so just sits at the back and pulls and I think Em has spent too long trying to appease Addie and not annoy her. I know Meg uses Rich for dressage but who is her jump trainer?

Has anybody watched Millie Stennett’s content on Instagram? I think she’s more famous on TikTok. Some of her reels are funny but the language is foul and some of her viewers are quite young.
I had to block her as she kept coming up on TikTok. I think she’s so unfunny, I don’t get it at all

I had to block her as she kept coming up on TikTok. I think she’s so unfunny, I don’t get it at all
I find the skit style of reels quite awkward. I don't think she's trying to appeal to kids though, so not that bothered by the language.

Tbh I feel sorry for her… scary arriving in a country where you don’t speak the language and being told you won’t get to your hotel…
Agree that it is scary but she’s complaining the driver doesn’t speak English, in a non-English speaking country 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.