Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think trailer laws have recently been changed too, although I don't know what weight limit you can tow without doing the additional licence
It is still 3.5T (towed and braked)
---
I've always been a bit baffled on the driving a 3.5t ( 1000kg payload) on a car licence yet I took my trailer test to tow 3.5t 🤷‍♀️.
Different things.

It's essentially driving a van (3.5T).

Towing is a different skill but the law changed 2 years ago so anyone can tow a standard (braked) trailer in any vehicle (up to 3.5T). Ie any standard vehicle/car.

Its only lorries (HGV) that still retains a seperate towing license required

I've always been a bit baffled on the driving a 3.5t ( 1000kg payload) on a car licence yet I took my trailer test to tow 3.5t 🤷‍♀️.
But the towing licence enabled you to have a train weight of 7 ton.
---
Tbf driving a 3.5t is very easy so it doesn’t take much skill compared towing which is completely different.
Most are like driving a car just a bit bigger! Towing requires much more skill. Well mostly awareness of what’s going on around you than skill as such but it’s much easier to drive without a trailer behind you.

Reactions: 1
It is still 3.5T (towed and braked)
---

Different things.

It's essentially driving a van (3.5T).

Towing is a different skill but the law changed 2 years ago so anyone can tow a standard (braked) trailer in any vehicle (up to 3.5T). Ie any standard vehicle/car.

Its only lorries (HGV) that still retains a seperate towing license required
what are the laws around a trailer you might see a gardener or landscaper towing? Something like the image below. Do they have to observe payloads?

Attachments

what are the laws around a trailer you might see a gardener or landscaper towing? Something like the image below. Do they have to observe payloads?
Yes they have to observe payloads. I could be wrong but it doesn’t look like that trailer has breaks so it can be no more than 750kgs.

Yes they have to observe payloads. I could be wrong but it doesn’t look like that trailer has breaks so it can be no more than 750kgs.
just a random image I found. But my partner uses one for his gardening work and I’d never really thought about it before now tbh. I doubt he’s ever lugging more than 3-400kgs at a time. Usually judge hedge cuttings tied down with cables.

Tbf driving a 3.5t is very easy so it doesn’t take much skill compared towing which is completely different.
I'm glad I did alot of field practice at home 🤣
---
Loved Justine's latest vlog - what a great capture of the last few days in the Ward household.
Yes love Justine's blogs.
---
Loved Justine's latest vlog - what a great capture of the last few days in the Ward household.
---
I always liked the thought of a 3.5t lorry but what put me off is the tax / plating / service/ insurance every year, where the trailer is insurance and service. I could use a 3.5t for feed / bedding runs but I find the pick up and trailer are better for my lifestyle.
I see LOTB is putting her lorry in now for a trailer.

Last edited:
---

---

---
I always liked the thought of a 3.5t lorry but what put me off is the tax / plating / service/ insurance every year, where the trailer is insurance and service. I could use a 3.5t for feed / bedding runs but I find the pick up and trailer are better for my lifestyle.
3.5T you just need a normal MOT. No plating required I am led to believe.

also is meg paying these pros to ride her horses or are they doing this for free?

---

---

---
That’s the same reason I’ve not got a 7.5ton, plus it wouldn’t get used enough, my trailer I can forget about and just check it over before I use it. A lorry I’d have to do much more of if a check and I’m not organised enough to remember to take the battery off or make sure it’s charged before I need it 😂
---
3.5T you just need a normal MOT. No plating required I am led to believe.

also is meg paying these pros to ride her horses or are they doing this for free?
It’s a different class to say a ford fiesta so you may not be able to get it done where you get your car done but no plating.

Watching Megs vlog where she has a lesson on the 12yr old bay eventer….. Firstly the constant “yeah” is absolutely frustrating, and does she not know how to ride a circle, being told not to pull on the inside rein to ride a circle, I mean these girls have millions of lessons a year with some of the best in the country and they still ride like they don’t know what they are doing. I don’t overly rate her as rider, she rides like she has no confidence at all and it’s the same same every time we see a training vlog.
The vlog where the French guy rode Wilma done my brain in with the constant “yyeeeeaaaahhhhh” and asking what she should be doing with her, hasn’t she asked this question to others before? I thought Wilma looked incredibly weak looking and super slender in her condition, however I did like how he rode her - Light on her back.

Yes. We bought a small trailer to take the quad bike for servicing and there was a fair bit of maths involved to make sure that (a) the trailer was okay for the weight of the quad and (b) the quad and trailer together were okay for the towing vehicle. Which did handily mean that Mr F could rattle off all the numbers a couple of years ago when he got stopped by the police wanting to check the quad was properly secured and they didn't make him follow them to the nearest weighbridge.

I wondered when I saw the story as well. When you look at the gross weight of the box, it says 1975kg, so can carry 1500kg pay load in theory if I understand the spec
Surely thats’s an empty shell as it says payload of approximately a ton. I’ve never really thought about how much the partitions and fittings etc etc weigh.

I wondered when I saw the story as well. When you look at the gross weight of the box, it says 1975kg, so can carry 1500kg pay load in theory if I understand the spec
In the text of the listing it says 1000kg for the 3.5T set up, so I would assume that weight is without partitions etc

She’s a credit to Chelsea and a very good role model for young children. Infact, some of the adult influencers could learn a thing or two from her! She has such a lovely relaxed way about her and doesn’t seem to have let any of her success or opportunities go to her head.
She may come across well but have you seen her little brother 😳😳

She may come across well but have you seen her little brother 😳😳
I feel a bit sorry for him sometimes. I think Harlow dominates Chelsea’s time and attention, for obvious reasons, and Harlen is a bit of a third wheel. He doesn’t strike me as too bad compared to some kids I know though to be honest. He’s just a boisterous little boy who I think gets away with a bit more than he should because of the situation with Harlow.

Reactions: 2
I feel a bit sorry for him sometimes. I think Harlow dominates Chelsea’s time and attention, for obvious reasons, and Harlen is a bit of a third wheel. He doesn’t strike me as too bad compared to some kids I know though to be honest. He’s just a boisterous little boy who I think gets away with a bit more than he should because of the situation with Harlow.
I feel sorry for him also. Don’t get me wrong he’s a spoilt, lucky little boy, but he got presents for Christmas that everyone else played with, or Lego sets to build alone/keep him quiet.

I too feel for him. I've commented on here when this has been said about him before. He's being a little boy his age but when you see him in a video with a polished Harlow it's easy to say ' he's this or that '. I still can't help but feel his behaviour is age mixed with an ' I'm here too mum ' feeling. He must spend alot of time with his grandparents when Chelsea is either working, showing or filming with Harlow........I'm not saying that's a bad thing but if his time with his mum and sister is limited and you are then included in a vlog we'll only see the excited to be with them stage. I really enjoyed the Cotswold Christmas vlog, his behaviour was exactly like taking my 3 boys out when around that age and they definitely aren't spoilt brats.

1975kg will be the unladen weight, ie, what it weighs when it drives out the Peugeot factory. The horsebox companies then convert them and make them heavier, with the bulkhead partitions etc.

I've heard some companies then take out the partitions, sometimes even the spare seats, and drive to have the lorry weighed, no fuel, and get out the lorry when its weighed. This is how they advertise a payload of 1200kg. But actually these lorries can only have a payload of about 700kg when weighed with water / fuel / partitions / 1 person on board. So many people get caught out near me becuase we're near a DVLA weighbridge.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.