Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like canterring! I think it’s nice to be honest that you’re still learning and not acting like she knows it all
Her account is pretty boring but unproblematic I don’t know how to dislike her she’s just learning and honest about it!

Reactions: 3
Glad I’ve found this thread….been around horses all my life but seeing these influencers pushing products with dubious riding and horsemanship is🤯
Blog of a cob has some very nice horses and is a balanced rider for her size, but she is too big for all of them even the cobby one. She is way too big for her saddles, with a lot of weight on the cantle..poor ponies🙁
Anyone know the reason why she wasn’t allowed to complete her area dressage test on the grey the other week? Posted about a horrible judge not letting her continue. And having an argument with them... i’m not a dressage rider so ive no idea of the rules!

Rider fitness is so often overlooked as a welfare issue for horses. We can do so much to address our weight, core strength, straightness and flexibility to be the best passengers!!

Reactions: 7
Oh my god, I can’t believe that blog of a cob is riding her young Connemara 😢 now I have always said she is a fab rider, but she is too big, even for her other horses, let alone a baby and a bloody small Connemara.
im glad she was eliminated on her other grey at that show. I don’t know what happened but these riders need to take a long hard look at themselves. They are more than ‘plus size’ and if they want to be riding, they need to get it together and get serious about improving their health and losing weight for the sake of their horses and themselves.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh my god, I can’t believe that blog of a cob is riding her young Connemara 😢 now I have always said she is a fab rider, but she is too big, even for her other horses, let alone a baby and a bloody small Connemara.
im glad she was eliminated on her other grey at that show. I don’t know what happened but these riders need to take a long hard look at themselves. They are more than ‘plus size’ and if they want to be riding, they need to get it together and get serious about improving their health and losing weight for the sake of their horses and themselves.
Just seen this and yep she is far too big for all those horses. Again people please reduce your weight for the health of your horses or ride horses suitable to carry a very overweight rider.
horse rider fitness is so key!

Reactions: 6
I really like canterring! I think it’s nice to be honest that you’re still learning and not acting like she knows it all
I love Canterring! I think it’s super refreshing to see someone on social media that doesn’t have perfect eq or an expensive imported warmblood lol.
I find her really relatable as a novice rider that struggles with their confidence

Reactions: 3
I absolutely can’t with Cantering, I just don’t get the appeal at all!

How can she ride with her hair down?
Why does she always have her eyes shut?
Why is she always asking people for unpopular opinions? (It’s like she wants to bring on the drama)

IMO she is too big for her loan pony and all I see is her constantly flogging it round jumps with flappy arms and taking stills of the one time she’s managed to boot it over something.

Reactions: 2
Who’s people’s favourite showjumping and dressage accounts??

I absolutely can’t with Cantering, I just don’t get the appeal at all!

How can she ride with her hair down?
Why does she always have her eyes shut?
Why is she always asking people for unpopular opinions? (It’s like she wants to bring on the drama)

IMO she is too big for her loan pony and all I see is her constantly flogging it round jumps with flappy arms and taking stills of the one time she’s managed to boot it over something.
neither but it’s just a kid, yeah hair down looks messy, the others idk weird but meh, she’s definitely not too big, but she’s getting lessons now isn’t she sotrying to get better

Last edited:
Opinions on RuthIrishEq and Canterring? Can’t believe neither have been discussed here yet…
I used to follow Canterring but unfollowed a while ago because she kept posting question boxes & leave assumptions/unpopular opinions on her story, multiple times during the day and it just annoyed me😅

Reactions: 1
I also can’t believe she’s riding the connie.. She’s a good rider with soft hands but just simply too heavy. I don’t understand why she doesn’t realise this?! I’ve also always thought Mellow verges on looking lame tbh.

Reactions: 6
So glad I just realised you're talking about blog.of.a.cob rather than blogofacob I was looking at the latter's account thinking wtf if she's too big for her cob then so am I!! But yes I see what you mean now

Watching her do rising trot, that can't be comfortable for either her or the horse with how far back on the saddle her bum is.

Reactions: 5
Who’s people’s favourite showjumping and dressage accounts??

neither but it’s just a kid, yeah hair down looks messy, the others idk weird but meh, she’s definitely not too big, but she’s getting lessons now isn’t she sotrying to get better
Dressage love abi Lyle, patchy dressage pony. Phgdressage
SJ KT showjumping joe stocktake

Dressage love abi Lyle, patchy dressage pony. Phgdressage
SJ KT showjumping joe stocktake
Not stocktake 😂😂😂😂 stockdale

I used to follow Canterring but unfollowed a while ago because she kept posting question boxes & leave assumptions/unpopular opinions on her story, multiple times during the day and it just annoyed me😅

Oh my god agree - what kind of audience is she trying to target? kids? She just needs to refresh what it's about. The constant neediness from these question boxes is so strange.. And agree I think she's too tall for that pony and yes the pony is overweight. I've seen her ride her friends horse before, I think she posted it. She rode actually really well. So much more able for a horse that's off the leg and makes her look like a better rider. You're only going backwards with a kick along pony. I can understand she loves Clancy but he's def for another type of rider now and she needs to move on like we all do in our equestrian journey. IMO all the kicking, wagging arms etc is just making her riding worse and when it comes to the day she'll have to move onto another horse it will be a kick in the face that she'll have to ride a lot quieter and will get more from them. It's mad that she can't see that either. None of us ever want to move on from our childhood ponies...but we have to? It's fair to them.

It'll be interesting to see if Ruth will actually get Misty broken in or is she all talk....I'd love to see her riding given she's always giving advice on her stories. She also always bashes 'riding school' stuff and tbh we all started somewhere? A lot of her audience is probably riding school teenagers and kids learning to ride so the way she looks down on it is a bit sad. Of you really wanted something bad enough you'd do it and it baffles me she still hasn't bought or loaned a horse yet..she has a job and land..

Did anyone follow celiaequine or whatever her name was? She was in that group and i think there was drama. she was from ireland and rode tina

Don’t know if anyone has been watching the BB challenge but the guy on the microphone has a scary voice 😆 he’s not a natural like the guy who used to do it! Lots of spills, the pony that jumped out of the ring 😳

Don’t know if anyone has been watching the BB challenge but the guy on the microphone has a scary voice 😆 he’s not a natural like the guy who used to do it! Lots of spills, the pony that jumped out of the ring 😳
I was creeped out!! Also the standard … 😳

Is anybody else concerned about the footing of DayByDay Vlogs arena they have their lessons in? Anytime they jump/do poles etc you can hear the horses land. No wonder they're all alme. I feel like I can imagine what that feels like when landing. Nothing beats a good surface arena footing and it's vital for joint health of any horse. I know horses should be worked in various terrain and I'm a huge fan of using the roads for hacking and building them up that way but every other ride is an arena with good surface and field work when the land is soft in summer. It's quite worrying when you watch/hear their jumping vlogs... Poor horses

Anyone know the reason why she wasn’t allowed to complete her area dressage test on the grey the other week? Posted about a horrible judge not letting her continue. And having an argument with them... i’m not a dressage rider so ive no idea of the rules!
I believe it was over the grey looking lame or possibly to do with her weight. But I do believe the weight may have caused it. Not that she's made the horse permanently unsound but it looked unsound under her.

Is anybody else concerned about the footing of DayByDay Vlogs arena they have their lessons in? Anytime they jump/do poles etc you can hear the horses land. No wonder they're all alme. I feel like I can imagine what that feels like when landing. Nothing beats a good surface arena footing and it's vital for joint health of any horse. I know horses should be worked in various terrain and I'm a huge fan of using the roads for hacking and building them up that way but every other ride is an arena with good surface and field work when the land is soft in summer. It's quite worrying when you watch/hear their jumping vlogs... Poor horses
All they do is jump those horses and they wonder why they have lameness issues with every single one of them.

Did anyone follow celiaequine or whatever her name was? She was in that group and i think there was drama. she was from ireland and rode tina
I remember a lot of discourse around her and Tina. She still has her as far as I've seen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.