Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from the first thread a few influencers mentioned where
RTG with an unanimous agreement on her being to heavy for Pepper
Life on the buckle/Jess pretty much just Hosslife having beef with her
Olivia Towers had a few mention with being a spoilt brat a running theme
Meg Elphick had a few mentions with the impression she needs to grow up a little bit
Life on the left rein/Tina a little screechy and OTT maybe she’s like that in real life and isn’t being OTT and faking it for the camera
Riding with Rhi most of us agree she is getting less and less relatable to us normal people and is trying to hard.
Rio the “missing” horse was spoken about, it’s still a mystery where he or maybe it was the money that disappeared went to or whether it’s all settled or not.
Many others where mention so I am sure others can either recap or find other influencers to call out on their bullshit.

Reactions: 3
You forgot about "wimpy" eventer and her "it's okay, I'm on the farm track" whilst she drives, on her phone, updating her stories with her child in the backseat!

Reactions: 8
And a heck load of horsey influencers got their knickers in a twist, made it completely obvious that they read here/Google themselves and posted comments on here onto their Instagram stories calling tattlers all the usual names and a couple even tried to make out it was illegal to post on here 💀

• Haha
I was so happy to see that someone (at the end of the old thread) knows Abi Lyle and she's nice IRL too. I had a feeling she would be!

I'm just watching Raleigh's very reasonable video about 'Daybyday' and the lameness. I don't really like family/American YouTubers so never watch Daybyday but omg... that horse. Yikes. Get a decent vet out asap.

Reactions: 5
I watched Day By Day’s response - they’re calling Raleigh a crackpot, saying Finn isn’t lame, just unbalanced because Sophie is unbalanced (why let your child canter a horse let alone jump it if they’re unbalanced) and that they’re “transitioning” Sophie onto horses. They really have no clue. I feel for their kids, especially Sophie.

Reactions: 2
@BWa Re Mark Todd, obviously pretty appalling behaviour, quite surprised as I thought he was one of the good guys. Not really sure why this video has only surfaced now tho if this happened 2 years ago

Reactions: 9
Soooo Mark Todd…. 😬 thoughts?
Absolutely appalling!! Hope that video is shared far and wide and the appropriate actions are taken. Just disgusting. I believe it happened in 2020 and wasn't piste duntil now but either way - it needed addressed and the length of time it took her to post the video shouldn't even be questioned I don't think. For an equestrian of his calibre, to openly do that to a horse is just downright disgusting and for the people who cheered, I hope they hang their heads in shame cheering a TERRIFIED and beaten horse. Utterly disgusted.

Reactions: 11
Soooo Mark Todd…. 😬 thoughts?
I am appalled by this. I used to work for Mark (2000) & looked after his stallions, Mayhill & Aberjack, and moved with them to work at stud. I never saw him treat any horses like this & he was actually a really lovely guy & a fair boss. Really disappointed.

I am appalled by this. I used to work for Mark (2000) & looked after his stallions, Mayhill & Aberjack, and moved with them to work at stud. I never saw him treat any horses like this & he was actually a really lovely guy & a fair boss. Really disappointed.
Disappointed also, I thought he was one of the good guys too. Some ‘interesting’ defences of it that I’ve read this morning 😩
I also read that Facebook kept taking it down when the rider tried to post it originally 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Disappointed also, I thought he was one of the good guys too. Some ‘interesting’ defences of it that I’ve read this morning 😩
I also read that Facebook kept taking it down when the rider tried to post it originally 🤷🏻‍♀️
Showed the video to someone at my yard and she said it was fine and the horse obviously needed to be told 😩

• Sad
  • Wow
Yeah I wasn't casting aspersions, just genuinely wondering why it hadn't been made public before now.
Sadly I think some of the 'old school' equestrian types will try and defend it, the kind of people that think you need to 'show a horse who's boss' My previous YO was like this, one of my (many) reasons for moving.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I wasn't casting aspersions, just genuinely wondering why it hadn't been made public before now.
Sadly I think some of the 'old school' equestrian types will try and defend it, the kind of people that think you need to 'show a horse who's boss' My previous YO was like this, one of my (many) reasons for moving.
Yes the woman who told me it was fine is in her 70s and has very old school opinions

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Yes the woman who told me it was fine is in her 70s and has very old school opinions
Yeah, I can imagine people trying to defend both Mark & the action he took, but I'm sorry - repeatedly flogging a horse can never be justified.
If that was my horse, I'd have left this lesson/clinic & demanded the money back that I'd paid to be coached by Mark.

And a heck load of horsey influencers got their knickers in a twist, made it completely obvious that they read here/Google themselves and posted comments on here onto their Instagram stories calling tattlers all the usual names and a couple even tried to make out it was illegal to post on here 💀
If it wasnt for an equestrian ‘influencer’ mentioning this site I never would have found it so they are making a rod for their own back mentioning it.

Absolutely appalling!! Hope that video is shared far and wide and the appropriate actions are taken. Just disgusting. I believe it happened in 2020 and wasn't piste duntil now but either way - it needed addressed and the length of time it took her to post the video shouldn't even be questioned I don't think. For an equestrian of his calibre, to openly do that to a horse is just downright disgusting and for the people who cheered, I hope they hang their heads in shame cheering a TERRIFIED and beaten horse. Utterly disgusted.
Tiktok deleted the original video but not sure when as I never saw a date as to when it was first published. I think it was totally OTT and the wrong thing for the situation. The horse looked confused and scared, the better thing would have been a lead but who is to say that didn’t work and the horse didn’t quite understand dropping down into water, it took mine a while to grasp the concept. She wouldn’t follow a lead down the step she just need time to figure out what she needed to do.

Reactions: 4
omg is this Harlow's mum!?

I didn't realise pimping Harlow isn't her first trip on the "influencer" merry-go-round. Imagine your child being known as "the worlds most famous Instagram baby" knowing the creeps out there that perv on family and baby content.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Gosh I'm shocked by the Mark Todd video. I have friends who have done clinics with him and found him very gentle and encouraging with their horses. I've read a couple of his books too and he's always come across so well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.