Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a fan of either.
Ruth has an opinion on everything. Canterring ive never followed, cause the fact she doesn’t tie her hair up really put me off. Yep petty I know 😂
I cannot with the hair down😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hadn't heard of either of those, just been to check out canterring and I see what you mean about the hair! I find it crazy how these people have so many followers, 77k and she only seems to be an average rider to me, nothing special about her account 🤷‍♀️

Would love to know who people love following and why?
And who they personally don’t like following and why?

Reactions: 2
I was gutted to see the video of Mark Todd, someone I always looked up to and respected. But, there seems to be more of a witch hunt for him than there was of OT a few years back...someone who I recall has hit headlines before due to his treatment of horses whereas this seems to be an isolated incident. Not saying what he did was right, but there is a lot more and worse going on in the public eye that people turn a blind eye to.
I think the difference is Ollie Townend has always come across a bit of a prick so no one was surprised. He's had whip warnings several times over the years - Badminton and then Blair - and his horses often look done in towards the end of XC. Not a nice rider to watch.

On the other hand, Mark Todd has always preached about respect for horses and people always seem to love him who've met him and had clinics/lessons with him. He has been an ambassador for the horse world for a very long time. So it's much more shocking coming from him.

Reactions: 7
[/QUOTE]

I'm new here anda long time lurker but I like fun questions like these so I had to answer...
I love following Verena from Girl About the Yard, Kate from Bumble Cottage, Kate from Country Grandeur (can't think of her new name and can't find her now:( ), the VE squad, Irish girls too actually like Michelle from mwhitesj, Keep it Country is hilarious, Tatiana Mountbatton (a life I dream of), Annabella Pidgley as I'm excited to see her journey...I could go on. I love Jess on Exmoor. I think there's a theme, their feeds are all just very appealing to the eye but also have good horsemanship and it's great to see some taking a back seat but still caring and showing the horses and then I learn plenty from KEep it country, VE squad, Michelle etc who are out competitng and each have completely different goals which is nice to see. Of course Miri Hackett and Abi Lyle

I dislike canterring as it's like 5 year old stuff but interesting to see how she''s going to improve her loan ponies fitness when she's focussing so much on being a social media influencer...priorities.. Olivia Towers just has this smug thing where you can tell she looked down on everyone in school or somthing, can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe she's nice but even her podcasts don't come across like she's listening to the guests or being sympathetic. She's just like 'mm yeah, ok, moving on...' Ruthirishequine grates on me only because she gives so much opinions on things and shares so much wacky things to her stories shunning people for not riding correctly when she doesn't ride herself and if she really did work on riding she'd know just how much of a minefield it is and there will always be the next ride where you'll perfect one thing and the next issue occurs. I had to unfollow because she shares 'correct riding' infographics and memes etc which yes we all aspire to be but it's unrealistic sometimes and it made me feel so down in myself and my riding and my friend found the same. it's so much easier Said than done and so I just don't find her relatable. I would have loved to kept following to follow the journey of her mare being broken and the foal being born but it's a no from me.

I like Ellis from scotland too actually. Oh god, I love following a lot but I guess I love to learn from real horse people and that's what they are. I'd love if Country Granduer was more active though I miss her and I hope she find her horse of a lifetime

Now I have a question because I like asking questions lol. Have you ever bought a product shown/talked highly about by an influencer (even if they're not promoting it)? Did you rate it or hate it?
I bought a reinrite used by some Irish influencers I follow and I really trusted their word for it (REALLY as it cost £159 or somewhere abouts). It's turned my horse around and the two influencers that shared it weren't promoting it/had no association with it. They seemed like they geniuinely loved it which sold it to me and now I'm in love. Isn't it a love/hate relationship with influencers, brands and products? I am more inclined to use something if I scroll back months and see they're using a product and haven't mentioned it until they start then talking about it and swearing by it because you then know their genuine feelings..

Reactions: 1
Now I have a question because I like asking questions lol. Have you ever bought a product shown/talked highly about by an influencer (even if they're not promoting it)? Did you rate it or hate it?
I bought a reinrite used by some Irish influencers I follow and I really trusted their word for it (REALLY as it cost £159 or somewhere abouts). It's turned my horse around and the two influencers that shared it weren't promoting it/had no association with it. They seemed like they geniuinely loved it which sold it to me and now I'm in love. Isn't it a love/hate relationship with influencers, brands and products? I am more inclined to use something if I scroll back months and see they're using a product and haven't mentioned it until they start then talking about it and swearing by it because you then know their genuine feelings..
For me, it depends what it is. I will absolutely use a discount code 100% - who doesn't want some money off?! And I wouldn't mind buying something I genuinely thought I needed if it was brought to my attention from an "influencer" but I would always check elsewhere to see if I can get the same product for cheaper and a lot of the time... You find exactly that! I like smaller accounts but I don't like how as they grow their accounts they jump on EVERY company that offers to send them things and then suddenly, this company that no one has ever heard of is apparently the best thing in whole world. It's fake af and that will always put me off buying things that they are trying to "influence" me with. But I understand that there are a lot of people out there that lack common sense who will instantly go "oh she has that, I'll buy that too" but I just wish people were more honest, if it is shite - say no, don't say omg yes this is amazing and then throw it in our faces for the next month. The things people do jsut for more numbers. Quite sad.

I dont think I really follow any of the big influencers who have huge numbers of followers, but I enjoy following natalieshorses, georgieandtheequines, attemptingtoequestrian and thetekodiaries. I guess because they have good quality content that's also relatable and they don't only post the good bits!

Reactions: 3
I’ve recently discovered Clare and Joanna (Moody Mare Diaries) and absolutely love them. They’re relatable, normal and lovely girls and are putting a lot of effort into their content without it being constant ads all the time like the bigger influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes the woman who told me it was fine is in her 70s and has very old school opinions
Can we smack her with a tree branch to see if she’ll jump into water?

I think what has bothered me the most from that video is the amount of hate the rider is getting and the people who are defending him.

While Mark Todd has apologised he only did so because the video went viral and for no other reason. That doesn’t mean he is sorry at all and people shouldn’t forget about it or gloss it over.

My current favourites to watch don’t necessarily have big accounts but I like Lily Equestrian, Riding Remmington, Holly Lenahan and Stuart Eventing. I don’t think any of them post a lot and none of them shove products in your face. I used to watch Tara but I just couldn’t keep up and her content became quantity over quality so I unfollowed. I also watch Friesian Horses occasionally and like their videos for the most part.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I've just looked at canterring for the first time to see who you're all talking about...

Why does she have her eyes closed over every jump picture?!😂
And how has she got so many followers?!

I've just looked at canterring for the first time to see who you're all talking about...

Why does she have her eyes closed over every jump picture?!😂
And how has she got so many followers?!
Who is it you’re talking about?

I’ve recently discovered Clare and Joanna (Moody Mare Diaries) and absolutely love them. They’re relatable, normal and lovely girls and are putting a lot of effort into their content without it being constant ads all the time like the bigger influencers.
I love them. Joanna's mare blondie was SO scarily fast when they started and Joanna has putso much work into getting her to slow and think whilst still being competitive and not compromising the horse's welfare by just bitting up and carrying on. It's very relatable!

I think what has bothered me the most from that video is the amount of hate the rider is getting and the people who are defending him.

While Mark Todd has apologised he only did so because the video went viral and for no other reason. That doesn’t mean he is sorry at all and people shouldn’t forget about it or gloss it over.
I agree. There was much needed uproar to begin with as that is where change and accountability comes from. Most of the people I've seen that others are considering OTT about it are only clapping back at people defending him. He's apologised, stepped down from WHW and has a temporary suspension from racing so the social media storm certainly worked. People need to leave it to be investigated now, but certainly do not forget about it like everyone did with Ollie. And people certainly don't need to be going after the rider cos it's a big thing to 'out' an olympian when you're an every day rider.
She did an interview with Raleigh a few days ago and explained her side of it. You can take what you want from it but at the end of the day she waited to post it due to being concerned about the backlash and she's been getting awful threats which are just not required. It's over now, MT has seen the consequences of his actions and thankfully the horse was not injured permanently by this ordeal.

My Quick run down
VE squad
Tina - just no too childlike and screechy
Lucy - decent with Justine and the new horses
Meg - to be fair big respect of making a career out of it and not bad to watch I actually like Hannah too
Emily - tad boring missed her vocation as an instructor
LOTB - honestly no beef 😂. Just gives me a bargain / cheaply feel. Don’t watch now unless it’s forced on my feed by a sponsor.
RTG - needs to loose weight and horse too. Tad cruel
Canterring- actually don’t mind her. Not the worst out there. Reason they have lots of followers. Been on the gram a while and do those gain group things
Miri Hackett love
Abi Lyle - love love
Teko diaries - very relatable good account
Pony nuts - spoilt brat talks down to people and shes about 17 I think
Girl about the yard is fab
Love wimpy eventer
MuddyMayhem love

loads of great accounts out there. Great when they Keep it relatable and don’t get up their own arses

lower number accounts more time for

Reactions: 6
Wondering what Irish influencers they were? I’d love to check them out as I’m considering getting a reinrite. Also would like to find some actual authentic influencers😂

I like the moodymarediaries and jumping.bryan
Lost all respect for Lily equestrian after the American shooting comment

My daughter has just discovered This Esme who hasn’t been on my radar as she is a bit too young for me to want to follow but I’ve just spent the evening watching her videos 😆
She seems like a nice girl, differing opinions?
I have muted most others that I followed recently in an attempt to cleanse my feed! However Matt Harnacke and Diamonds in the rough are still on there mostly because I’m nosey!

I really like canterring! I think it’s nice to be honest that you’re still learning and not acting like she knows it all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.