Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
I think she ended up coming back home with nothing as I think even the horse’s she is trying herself would be out of her budget. The Irish market is as bad as the uk anything with potential is still massive money . I don’t think she will have any luck.
I’m sure she would be looking at the asking price before going and trying these horses, otherwise it would be a waste of time.

Reactions: 9

Elliania

Han has posted that they're also testing Affie for Lyme disease & PSSM in case the bone scan doesn't find anything. It sounds like she's really trying her best to see if whatever Affie has is treatable or manageable.

spottypony

Tina’s got a good amount of prize money too with that placing! Such a shame for Emily but I think it’s the end of the season and after the winter she will come out better than ever in the spring. She’s young and still learning and may have been a bit tired after the cross country yesterday.

Compasses

I could see Kate’s riding school going south. Despite having 29 horses, 8 are shetlands, very few others are rideable meaning she had to buy more (!!) horses, she’ll never sell them as she worries where they’ll go (fair but maybe don’t buy anymore.) I also think she sets a bad example for younger viewers pushing herself to extremes, sleeping in a tack room, getting 3 hours sleep etc. This is not healthy and I’m shocked she hasn’t been really ill

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Justine’s story just melts my heart….. She bought herself her own brand new riding boots and shes over the moon with them, not sponsored or gifted, but bought them herself and has shared them to her followers, I love that. She also done incredible losing weight 👌🏻

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Soooo. how many countdowns will we have to sit through before we get told about Meg's new horse?
If I were her, I'd like a good couple of weeks before sharing. Am thinking she may have shot herself in the foot with announcing a countdown to a search rather than a reveal. It's a strsessful period settling a new one, I'd have kept it a secret (but filmed the steps in preparation for the reveal vlog) until all was nice and settled.

Elliania

Em's posted on her IG - she said Addie warmed up lovely but once she felt the grass in the SJ ring, she got really wired & over enthusiastic so had the 5 poles. Em seems gutted but acknowledged that she's really proud of Addie in her first season eventing & looking forward to next season.

• Heart

Horsemum

Not strictly horsey, more farming/country but horses so feature... Does anyone follow Alberta May Andrews or her friend Evie, Forever in Wellies.
They are such lovely girls! Alberta has a little girl and she and her husband work their arses off to provide thmesleves with a lovely life. Forever in Wellies is a dairy farmer, rider and model - breath of fresh air!

Not for me, went to look at one on insta and there are hideous almost nip slip photos along with altogether to many fake glam selfies and the other seems to be all kid and farming. I’m sure they’re lovely but Absolutely not for me and not really equestrian to be fair.

• Haha

coopdeloop

Meg’s way of viewing etc is super common, either for people from elsewhere or from Ireland - line up a few yards and go road tripping! It was quite fun to follow along, Simon seems like a top fella

Reactions: 8

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
I would have been giving her a hard time if she had him on loan from me. Maybe she rode more than she posted, but all she seemed to do was pull him out of the field to jump and gallop. I really hope the fitness work had been done in the background. I’m glad he’s in a new home where he can hopefully be worked fairly.

Rememberancext

She should have been vetted to within an inch of her life for the sale though? I hope for the mare’s sake at least she is fully recovered from anything she had. Wonder if they’ll bring her to London?

I don’t know the history between them? Anyone mind filling me in please? Love a bit of tea 😁
Don’t they both train that Pidgley girl?
So here's what eurodressage doesn't explicitly say but it's written in between the lines:
- the owner of Mount St John stud did well to rehab mare but realistically was never going to get on any uk team. Not while cdj is queen bee. (There's a fascinating interview that Carl hester gave to an Australian podcaster where he admitted he needed to land lottie fry somewhere else because she couldn't stay in same place as cdj. Managing cdj seems like a full time job in itself....)
- cdj now dominates the pidgeleys and has full influence over everything. More than the loss of the training fees, losing the pidgeley horses had to hurt dufour....
- I'm sure the msj mare was fully vetted but how sweet could trumping cdj be for Catherine dufour on the mare that cdj essentially broke and threw away....

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
I wonder why Meg has never been hunting with Lucy, I love Lucy’s hunting vlogs, they’re just such a different watch and good fun. Plus what’s not to love about the very down to earth Justine and hubby, Lucy “I’m not riding today as I’ve got gastrointestinal issues” Justine “you’ve got the shits then?” Rest of the world moans about how much rain there is, promotes coats and boots, Justine walks ur and says “it’s been pissing down all day” with hay in her hair and her glasses steamed up 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Considering all they have they are remarkably relatable and down to earth, you just know that she doesn’t have 45 saddle cloths in every colour possible.
Nah, Meg wouldn’t be able to see a stride to the logs…..

• Haha

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Just watched Em's vlog of Bicton. It was such a great vlog, but also difficult to watch as you know it won't end well. She has done amazing with Addie and with the exception of the crazy SJ round, she was looking absolutely capable of a place at Badminton.
A very genuine vlog, must have been difficult to post.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Really sad news about Ari and I can see why she’s kept it to herself for a few months. What got me though was when she said Lara was so special to her. Then why didn’t they try and buy her back, even if only to then try and find her a home as a companion with someone else? I get they don’t have all the space in the world but the news coming out of that stud is disgusting and if Lara meant so much why wouldn’t they try to do right by her?

dressage__diva

I’m more shocked at the humongous transporter lorry that the horse came on than Meg’s choice! Still think dark green and bay is a questionable colour choice but I wish them all the best!
My friend has a dark bay and all of her stuff is green and it lush! And the big lorries are normal for transporting from Ireland

lulu_234

:ROFLMAO: She really doesn't strike me as a dog person.

Not sure a spaniel puppy is an ideal low maintenance first dog either!

It will quietly vanish soon after the first time it chews the sofa, sh!ts on the carpet or barks at the horses.

Or is it an influencing tool...?
As someone with 5 spaniels - WCS and ESS - can confirm they're certainly not ideal as first dogs and would definitely recommend finding a local dog trainer who understands (as much as you can) how spanners tick!

Think her biggest problems will be the little love taking itself off hunting while at the horses 😬 plus I'd be very cautious about a first time dog owner taking on a rescue!