Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

_Willfully_

Let's not forget Meg will still want to 5 stage vet and fully xray any potential buy...
That's almost certainly long done. The horse may even already had them.

BTW. If people like batshit crazy dressage comments on Facebook, try the 'Correct Dressage Schooling Discussions' page.
Full of people quoting Baucher and being rabidly critical of anything that might resemble what they call "modern" dressage, and when you look at their profile they have 7 hairy things that aren't ridden (I LOVE hairy things by the way) and they do reiki on in cork slippers, while sprinkling turmeric on everything?

• Haha
Reactions: 8

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Kate needs help, not just physically, mentally too! She posted on her story last night that she passed out mucking out at 10pm and was making a joke of it..
Definitely.
Even before all these horses, she was always still doing jobs to the early hours and making out that it’s normal. Still having 8 stables to muck out at 10pm? You need to cut down on horses Kate, if you can’t afford to pay people to help, you need to cut down.

Who’s going YHL on Saturday? Whoever is please can you tale one for the team and watch the clipping Demo Pepper is in. Then let us know her condition score. Is it the 10 she looks like or does the camera add 10lbs.

• Haha

saywhathorsegirl

This is really sad and I’m sure hard to watch, as he sounds neurological. Would think that Lara should not be bred from at all?

storynerd

Chatty Member
And Tina has qualified. What a surprise! 🙄🙄🙄🙄
I mean she did say on insta a couple of days ago that she didn't know if it was top 10% or 20% from Bicton (which I assume means it hadn't been decided yet because I can't imagine that she wouldn't bother to look it up) so I assume BE has made the call based on number of qualified combinations across the year. I really don't think anyone is fiddling the quali process just for Tina

Rememberancext

Eurodresssge has the full story of catherine dufour buying into Mount St John. Very interesting reading. What it doesn't state but is well known is that cdj is very hard on horses, hence why mare broke down in the first place. Hopefully the mare stays sound enough for a tilt at the Olympics. Will certainly add some spice especially with history between dufour and cdj too.....

• Wow

coopdeloop

My boy has been to Burghley on the fun ride so he must be a Burghley horse too!
---
Has anyone seen ridingwithcharlotte’s latest post on Instagram about spending £500 on pipes to build a dressage arena at home? What a waste of money! There are so many cheaper ways 🙈 and also completely unrelatable as most people don’t have £500 spare to do that with!
I was admiring her ingenuity & looking forward to following the story until I saw someone comment that jump4joy do a set of boards to suit a 20x60 arena for £500 😬

• Haha

demeschor

i was just wondering am I the only one who thinks it’s crazy for influencers to rely on there income from social media to afford their horses and house . I herd that YouTube and social media isn’t a long term job because it constantly changing like the biggest you tubers in 2013-2015 are nobody’s now and aren’t even doing social media and just working a normal job some of them have massive debts because there current jobs don’t generate enough money to pay off there mortgages and loans. I feel like Meg and this esme are going to be screwed in few years as they probably would struggle to get a job as their age and no work experience. this esme doesn’t have a degree and Meg couldn’t do a grad program job as both of them would be to old. I just find it crazy there family isn’t telling them to have a backup option.
Meg's family are clearly wealthy (look at the size of the farm and the number of horses they had before YouTube!). She doesn't need to worry. Grad schemes are super competitive and only a small number of grads find employment that way anyway.

But building a YouTube career is giving them skills like filming, editing, managing social media - they'll literally never be out of work if they want to manage a company's social media as a job.

Plus, with presenting for the FEI and trying to get Pete's equine videography thing going, you can see they're trying to diversify.

GBNI

VIP Member
Jonty Evans also competed for his country, Meg can only dream of that! I doubt anyone would take her seriously if she tried a syndicate.

Clariecakes

VIP Member
I’ll be glad when Meg buys a horse and gets in with it so we can move in from this never ending speculation and obsession with what Meggy moo did next.

In total contrast, I’m really looking forward to Verena’s horse search’s girl about the yard, so sad for her to lose Oscar, he looked like a legend.

saywhathorsegirl

A two week countdown just to announce she’s going to Ireland?!? Didn’t she say before she was going to look in Ireland? I’m definitely not watching it, that’s crap. If she had posted it normally without the big countdown I would have gladly watched it! Simon posted a story that he’s going looking for himself and a client, so that’ll be Meg.

storynerd

Chatty Member
Just watched some of Harlow's vlog of them Trick or Treating in Dubai. Harlon is such a brat. He thought he was given yoghurt so he slammed it in Harlow's basket! Then when Chelsea called him out for taking two treats from someone he turned around and snapped at her! I hate talking ill of a child but compared to Harlow he's a rotten little egg. She's so well-mannered and thankful.
I have never and probably will never watch any Harlow content being a good 20 years too old, but why in gods name would you name your kids Harlow and Harlon? Couldn't think of anything so just switched the last letter?!

Elliania

I think I’d be calling it a day with Ari now to be honest. If it’s occasionally happening now, I’d be worried about him being in pain or then finding him collapsed one day. Sad news, but such is life with horses.
I mean the vet did say it could be years before he gets that bad so I can't blame them for wanting to take a chance & give him a nice life for as long as they can. Possibly they can medicate him in the early stages as well to keep him comfortable and Meg did also mention the vet has given them things to look out for that suggest he's getting worse. It's the hard thing with animals, they can't tell us when they're getting worse or better.

storynerd

Chatty Member
Sorry that countdown was JUST for going to Ireland to look at horses??

Have to hand it to her, the marketing tactic is strong and we've all been thoroughly played 😂

Horsemum

So here's what eurodressage doesn't explicitly say but it's written in between the lines:
- the owner of Mount St John stud did well to rehab mare but realistically was never going to get on any uk team. Not while cdj is queen bee. (There's a fascinating interview that Carl hester gave to an Australian podcaster where he admitted he needed to land lottie fry somewhere else because she couldn't stay in same place as cdj. Managing cdj seems like a full time job in itself....)
- cdj now dominates the pidgeleys and has full influence over everything. More than the loss of the training fees, losing the pidgeley horses had to hurt dufour....
- I'm sure the msj mare was fully vetted but how sweet could trumping cdj be for Catherine dufour on the mare that cdj essentially broke and threw away....
I’m quietly rooting for her, unpatriotic as that sounds. She’s had her share of producing horses then having to give the reins to someone else. Sure she was paid well but still, fir me losing the horses would have stung. I think she’s a nice rider too

vam14

Genuine question - Megs business is all about vlogging about her horses. Could she not therefore write off the cost of any horse as a business expense?

Sodjdwjao

Chatty Member
You can’t win with the Meg debate, as someone who only really watches her vlogs:

1. I want to discuss her in this equestrian thread
2. I want to be mindful that not everyone wants to hear it 24/7, but at the same time nobody wants a separate thread for her

Reactions: 7

storynerd

Chatty Member
Sadly I think Tina will qualify and Em will have a nervous pole. Really rooting for Em though.
Honestly I'd love to see both of them qualify - Em because she's done really well bringing Addie on and Tina because I really felt for her having to withdraw this year. Either way it'll be close - it's Emily's to lose which must be so stressful

Reactions: 7