Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

takeiteasy

You guys are going to have a right field day when she announces she's bought a horse and all these brands are going to kit it out from head to toe!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15

houdini

VIP Member
Why does Meg keep saying “out of” when she is referring to the sires of these horses she’s viewing. The countries I’ve owned horses in, it’s “by” the sire and “out of” the mare. Is it different in the uk or is she saying the wrong thing? It’s really annoying me haha

• Haha
The horses Meg has seen are all well into the 15-25k bracket so there is clearly plenty of budget there.

I think many of the posters here are really out of touch with the prices at the moment and are expecting her to have a £2500 budget.

Well bred, quality unbacked 3yos are pushing 7-10k so stands to reason a 4/5yo that’s seen a bit of the world and has an amount of talent for the very competitive grassroots market would be 15k plus.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Looks like Kate’s riding school isn’t going as she planned 🤔
Knew it wouldn’t work. They are simply animal hoarders. How are they going to exercise 29 horses and ensure they aren’t too wild for the clients? Shouldn’t have 29 horses for a start. We had 18 for a riding school and some were part loaned to help cover costs, help with jobs and ensure the ponies got more variety in their work.
They also all lived out with some coming in if they were prone to mud fever or struggled to hold their weight.
She seems like a nice girl but her and her family just hoard animals and are no good at running a business!

Elliania

Skimmed Han's Q&A video & the takeaway is:

-Affie is off to a rehab centre in a few weeks but if they can't get her sound then it sounds like she'll be quietly PTS which is so sad for Han but she's worried that Affie is so young & already having all these issues which could only get worse as she gets older and cause more pain.

-Han admitted Affie wasn't the right horse for her, she loves her to bits but she wasn't the right choice

- She's starting to look for a new horse, something a bit older that's evented BE90/100 that's maybe looking to step down a bit.

-There'll be a more in depth vlog coming about Affie and all her issues and the rehab centre.

• Sad

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I’d bring up a number of people but it’s pointless because everything gets lost in the Meggy Moo talk.
There are a number of slightly smaller (but still big and beggy) accounts that could be discussed.
If you want to discuss different people then start the discussion

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Whatever about the adult influencers shilling any old crap, nobody monetizes like Harlow! Her mother may have no shame but Harlow is a great little worker. The amount of attention she was getting at hoys! Yet seemed to handle it all very professionally and pleasantly! Those company accounts are going to rocket at the rate she's going......
Harlow comes across very well, far better than a lot of the adult influencers! She works hard, has a smile for everyone, is polite and never gives the impression that she thinks she is better than anyone else.
People can say what they want about Chelsea, but she has raised a really well rounded and nice kid there.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
You can’t win with the Meg debate, as someone who only really watches her vlogs:

1. I want to discuss her in this equestrian thread
2. I want to be mindful that not everyone wants to hear it 24/7, but at the same time nobody wants a separate thread for her
Please discuss her, I’m happy to engage where I find it interesting. I don’t get the drama over it to be honest, if you don’t want to discuss her then just don’t, quite why people post to tell people they’re either just jealous or think Meg can do no wrong is baffling. Scrolling past is so flipping easy, no need to post to tell people that you don’t like what they’re talking about.

happybunny110

I really really like han, but I think it was a selfish decision to take eilish (unsure on spelling) to that teamchase. poor pony is only a baby, and didn't put a foot out of line, yet was constantly being screamed at, growled at, smacked and kicked, and pulled out of fences left right and centre, all because han was scared. There's no way that can have been good for her confidence. Id be taking her back if I was her owner.

• Wow
Reactions: 14

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
I can’t believe how Megs horse shopping has gone so viral! 😂 And to even think of donating her money (I think I read the comments right) what the actual hell? This girl is from a wealthy background, money will be no object here, she is just clearly tight/careful with her money, but wants millions for her own horses. The whole horse shopping will get boring, she’s just milking the viewers to watch 18 episodes of “Horse Shopping” and then doesn’t buy one, because she’s too scared to ride it, or it’s too big or she can’t see a stride to a cross rail…. The whole thing is so over rated. I’d rather sit and watch paint dry. As if 9 horses isn’t enough, but we will breed these mares this year to stallions we don’t want, to produce a foal we don’t like the breeding of, to then make a colt we don’t want because we only want mares. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Such a shit show.

• Haha

Horsemum

Good news! Frankie’s mum has posted that Frankie has made a sudden recovery due to her new meds so she’s out doing xc. Great that she’s no longer risking sudden seizures and absences while galloping and jumping solid fences on a green pony.

• Haha

storynerd

Chatty Member
I'm going to go against the grain and say as they have chosen not to PTS, I assume they have their reasons from their discussion with the vets. You have to believe that the vet would have advised euthanasia if they felt it was the best course of action and while the Elphicks aren't perfect, I cna't imagine them going against direct vet advice on something like that. We only have a limited view of the situation.

Rememberancext

People buy her merch and her book, surely they’d be excited to part-own a horse she’s competitive with, especially with micro shares. Also not shocking that anyone on here wouldn’t be interested.
It's anyone's choice how to spend their money. But meg and her wealthy property development family can easily afford a grassroots horse. Let's not be naive about that. She doesn't need crowdfunding/donation/syndication. The reality is that she doesn't want to pay what nice prospects are now worth - and that's the reality. If she was, the Fredericks or any other reputable UK producer would have sorted her out months ago. In looking what she's looking at: it's obvious she's trying to pay as little as possible. If she does buy a complete green bean, she just mightnt find it as malleable as her past experience of producing connies.

Last edited:

storynerd

Chatty Member
Agree re the going over old ground again and again. It’s just tedious to read. The answer appears to be that as Meg is so very important that we all need to discuss her day after day saying the same things. I have no interest in her but see other people are. I’m allowed to say I’m bored with it, I’m also allowed to say if there are so many posts about her that she needs her own thread like so many influencers have on tattle.
To me it’s not weird not to want to read page after page of posts saying the same thing about the same person that you’re not interested in. It’s weird to want to make everyone read it. 🤣
Fortunately, visiting this thread is entirely optional so I don't think anyone is being made to do anything. I get bored of people complaining about too much Meg and not volunteering anyone else they would like to talk about! Meg gets a lot of posts because she is a very active poster so there is more to discuss (especially at the moment) - if someone is only posting once a week they're obviously not going to be talked about as much

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I think I’d be calling it a day with Ari now to be honest. If it’s occasionally happening now, I’d be worried about him being in pain or then finding him collapsed one day. Sad news, but such is life with horses.

annonviewer23

Looks like Tina has got a new devoucoux. I wish she would do an update on the Albions, I think it would be interesting. All we saw is the disaster at Lucinda’s.
I wouldn't blame her not to post - in fact if I was in the same situation all you would get from me is we didn't get along with the saddle and leave it at that.

Its senseless (and bad taste IMO) to blame a product and essentially badmouth them publicly when she has such a public profile.

Reactions: 13

supermare

Loved the bay mare. Very genuine and athletic. Let's face it, Meg is not going to go for something bigger than 15.3 so she might as well get something that makes her feel confident. It might be good for her to have something that is a bit more behind the leg so she rides forward. Meg says she likes whizzy ponies yet has them bitted up and pulls to the base of a fence so I'm not seeing how that works?

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Excuse me? I’m not remotely desperate to criticize Meg, I say what I see, feel free to disagree with that but don’t assign me an intent that isn’t there. None of the horses moved forward with her in the way they did with the owners, her constant whining about seeing a stride is tiresome. She maybe slightly nervous trying different horses but you’re making her out to be a novice rider with little experience whereas she’s quite the opposite.
I mean, of course they didn’t go the same way for her as they did the owners. Meg has only just sat on them, the owners/person showing them has sat on them multiple times. Bit of a redundant comparison to make, nobody gets on a horse for the first time and has it going amazingly.