Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GBNI

VIP Member
Looking after 29 horses on your own :eek: that is not feasible surely, there is going to be certain levels of neglect going on?

• Wow
Reactions: 13

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Emily has been really quiet on socials. Hope she’s ok 😢
I can imagine she is very down. She did so exceptionally well for most of the event and to lose it all in the last round will take a night to sleep on it.
Addie and Em will come back next year a really competitive combination, I think. They have really turned a corner this year, it has been educational!

LincsLady22

The grey thing is a pencil sharpener and I have no clue what she is hinting at and quite honestly this kind of thing is childish and tedious, but maybe her younger fans will find it entertaining? But to drag it on for 11 days????
About as tedious as the Ari update that's never gonna happen. I've unsubscribed from her due to that (as my final straw). She's all about the money now and has lost all genuine, humble care for her followers. She just wants to create suspense and milk every story for every penny. She doesn't owe us an explanation on Ari, but she was the one who said herself that an update was coming soon, all to keep people following her and clicking on her channel......Btw, I think them clues mean her new horse is a chestnut called Albert, who is a bit sharp!

Rememberancext

Addie has always had some scope and talent but mileage isn't just about the physical fitness/muscle memory to do any job. It's also the mental aspect. Without having seen it: one suspects the road and tracks blew the mares mind. (Let's not forget her maggot-est phase is sj). But they will be the better for it when the sting of it wears off for em. She should be proud of the job she's done this year to straighten addie out...

horsey1234

I think she ended up coming back home with nothing as I think even the horse’s she is trying herself would be out of her budget. The Irish market is as bad as the uk anything with potential is still massive money . I don’t think she will have any luck.
How do you know what her budget is? 🤔 this is odd speculation

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
I’m more keen to see what Simon buys himself! Meg will end up with another grey mare that she gets to 90 and then breeds from it, because she hasn’t got the confidence to go higher….. On the other hand it would be super exciting for Meg searching for a “new” horse.
Simon is lovely, I would love to see if he buys something. From what I remember from Meg's last Vlogmas (the one with Simon) he said he didn't own any of the horses he rides, that they were all owned by other people. Would be lovely for him to have his own and go places with it. He seems like a lovely person and a great rider.

Reactions: 12

tallgirl17

After all the YHL stories today with Meg and Tina (and the impending Olympia ones) I think it should be

Equestrian Influencers #20 - meet and shriek

• Haha

_Willfully_

She is probably trying horses out of her budget because they look to fancy for her budget they would be more expensive than the uk horses. Wouldn’t surprise me if she comes back with nothing as Irish horses are still very expensive and there also wouldn’t be a good selection of horses the best time is July/ August because that’s where the cheaper horses are advertised as they want a quick sale .
"Just before winter" is the best time to pick up a bargain because there are fewer buyers around and the prospect of having to feed one more through winter with rising prices is a super motivator in negotiations.

I doubt she went to Ireland just because of the price. Over there she can have an agent show her a bunch of pre-selected horses in a short time, and compared to the UK the prices, even with transport, are attractive, which is why so many dealers buy in Ireland to sell in the UK.
I doubt she would be trying horses out of her price range, the ones this morning were for Simon.

My guess is that she will buy one, and probably have a shortlist of 2 or 3 in case one doesn't pass the vet.

B4rney

Just seen Flo Carter's tiktok - she's done a brilliant job explaining equestrian current affairs! I didn't even know the Chinese team had their Olympic place revoked, but what a super way to explain what's happened.

On another note, how shit for them! I'd be crushed if I got told I wasn't allowed to go to the Olympics after qualifying because my horse ate some of another horse's pissy hay!
If you believe that the horse ate the pissy hay… I’ve yet to see a horse eat pissy hay.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Not quite true…… I had a lot of time for watching Meg in the very beginning of her vlogging life, until she became too up herself and her ridiculous breeding program, after watching a vlog she done with what’s happening with her mares a while ago, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing from her. If Meg had such a special relationship with Lara, she wouldn’t be letting the mare have no where to go if the stud she’s at is at a loss (from what I’ve read here), it’s clearly all verbal BS for the most recent vlog.
Resources and space aren’t infinite though, at the end of the day she runs a business and not a charity. Lara was sold a long time ago and she has moved on. As for the backyard breeding, what do you define as backyard breeding? To me it’s certainly not the Elphicks, while they aren’t professional they clearly spend the time and the money to look after the mares and the foals well, you don’t have to breed something for you to ride, someone has to breed the smaller ponies for the kids to ride. Backyard breeders to me are those that just turn mares out with a stallion and let them at it, foals are just born outside and have very little to no handling or help to develop and grow.

You see this so much with dogs as well, you’re either a registered KC breeder charging thousands or you’re a puppy mill/backyard breeder which is ridiculous because there is room for the middle ground.

As for Ari I think they know what they need to do because as someone else said if he reacted the way he did just turning in the stable then he could do it being brought in on a head collar or having his feet picked out. Whilst he can live out he will still need the farrier etc, imagine being in the farriers position if he’s underneath Ari having a fit because his nerve has pinched. I think they’re obviously coming to terms with it and Ari will quietly go and we won’t know for many months, which is exactly as it should be. What a terrible experience for them all and I’m pleased they can watch him being happy out and playing with Ettie for now.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
I agree, it's very sad but knowing there's the potential for nerves to be pinched, causing him pain and the potential to explode at anytime, even field ornaments / companions need leading, grooming, farrier or dentist. I know you could potentially sedate him for some of that and you can't guarantee any horse spooking but it's a huge risk.
It’s heartbreaking but I agree. He was unhappy in work and had an explosion due to pain. What’s stopping that from happening when Meg is leading him or worse, in my opinion, hobbit. I get keeping him with them from a responsible point of view. But it’s entirely possible he could seriously injure one of them or himself just being led in from the field. I know they’re attached to him but from a safety perspective, as well as a welfare one for Ari, it might be best to let him go before it can escalate for anyone.

So are you also implying that Carl is hard on his horses given she has been mentored by him & trains alongside him every day?
I think both have similar training methods, which are horse focused,however CDJ expects more, faster, and will push the horses harder to get them there - which is what people mean by being hard on them.

At her demos for example, she keeps on at something till it’s perfect, doesn’t accept a 1% improvement. Is happy to have a 4yo trotted and cantered round for 30mins in a big environment for it rather than giving regular walk stretch breaks.

being ‘hard’ on her horses doesn’t automatically mean she’s ‘cruel’ rides round in rolkur or trains ‘badly’.. albeit she may behind closed doors - she expects a lot and pushes hard to achieve her expectation.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
IMO the ponies are perfect for a competitive junior rider. Meg is too big on them, and she's by no means overweight, but I just think she looks over the saddle, and it doesn't make a pretty picture.

She looked much better on the dark bay mare.

Why does she have a yard full of ponies she can't do anything with? Do you think she's worried her views would suffer if she sold them?
Jam especially could be sold on for a decent profit for a young teen to be competitive on. And with a teen with no fear prepared to let the brakes off I think she’d make a tidy little PC horse. I imagine her price tag has jumped up now she’s finished to 10 twice at GS and qualified for both the 90 & 100 next year. I think it’s time for Meg to let her go to someone to have a lot of fun and success on.

Reactions: 11

horsey1234

Did nobody tell her that Team Chasing isn't really for novices?

The ones I've seen are like banger racing, all with ROR types
She did the "mini fun event" to be slightly fair to her, so you can see how it would attract more novice riders. And I think she realised it wasn't really the right thing to do.

But novice horse + novice rider clearly in a scenario she feels very uncomfortable in is just stupid. "Can we trot" got on my nerves, as soon as they found a good XC rhythm she was slowing them down and inevitably the horses stopped, just total mixed signals taking the momentum away and then shouting and screaming at the horse to get to the other side. Has she ever even done a hunter trial or gone XC that isn't stop/start schooling? I think she massively needs to take the handbrake off, maybe take the horse to the gallops and find the right gear.

But tbh for me I could have ignored all of the above if she'd have just given that horse a pat and told her she was a good girl :( That pony is nothing to look at but its straightforward, kind and honest.

Clariecakes

VIP Member
I’m so glad Lucy isn’t constantly with the VE squad anymore, she is a breath of fresh air away from them and alongside Justine.

Rememberancext

She posted a story about confirming the decision to purchase with Hobbit while at the airport. So she’s led everyone to believe she did buy something on the trip.

I’m sure she has plenty that would contribute. I’d contribute a small amount just to see her get a really good horse and all the content that comes from that.
Wow! Your choice of course but God forbid her business manager sees this!! Meg earns plenty. She and her property development family are extremely privileged. Don't worry about meg - I guarantee she has more in the bank than you and I!!

Horsemum

Meg actually has an opportunity to crowd fund a really really nice horse if she had the balls to take it higher than 100. Didn’t Jonty Evans do a syndicate through social media of a bunch of small shares?
I don’t think I’d be interested in crowd funding or being in a syndicate for Meg. Meg isn’t Jonty or a top level rider. She has 9 horses and could sell those and fund what she wants herself.
No harm to her but no

Clariecakes

VIP Member
My take on it, as someone who doesn’t really care either way - she wrote Banks off when he had that mud fever/cellulitis episode thinking he would be off a lot longer than he was.
Got the dun so she didn’t get left behind as Em and Meg both have back ups, then realised it’s a little bit more than just having 2 to ride.
I think the fitness element was apparent for Banks at Bicton and was commented on by Tina herself.

Anyway, hopefully he has gone to some one who can enjoy him and have fun together, I’m sure if it had been a normal summer for Tina she would have done a bit more but they all seem to be more invested in travel and media work now than really riding and competing, Meg just seems to manage a bit better but that’s perhaps because she has her mum to keep the horses ticking over.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Hell yeah. I get Meg is proud of getting there and coming top two with two horses which she should be as it’s a great achievement. But we get it she went badders we don’t beed a weekly reminder.
Assume you meant top ten not two? But I get your point. She has achieved pretty amazing things with Dee & Jam. But for someone who constantly goes on about 100 courses being huge, she needs to give herself a reality check. Look at what Flo Carter has achieved with Star this year. Granted it didn’t go to plan but she’s done more to be proud of IMO. And I have more respect because no matter what, she always comes away from events (good or bad performances) saying what they need to work on. I like Meg and watch her a lot. But she really sees herself higher in the pecking order than she actually is as a horsewoman due to her associations & opportunities. She’s a solid business woman for sure, but as a player in the horse world she’s very much an amateur and needs to remember that. I’ve watched her for a long time and even I’m turning sour over some things she does/says.

Clariecakes

VIP Member
Does anyone else not care what Meg buys, what she sells or what she has that’s in foal, lame, broken or whatever?
Just me who literally couldn’t give a single 💩 about it?