Equestrian influencers #19 bit doesn’t fit, but we’ll still try and flog the same old sh..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's totally weird to follow an equestrian influencer tattle and not want people to discuss Meg. People are so unbelievably jealous of her. Personally I've really enjoyed the horse shopping and me and my two young daughters are really looking forward to seeing her new horse. We've met her in RL, she was lovely, friendly (and has the most amazing skin). Fair enough if she ends up doing something dickish then comment on it. I don't follow RTG but don't demand people start their own thread about her.
Just for the record, I follow Meg, I don’t mind her stories, I don’t really watch any blogs from anyone, it’s the constant weird speculation on here that gets too much.
Going over the same ground again and again is just a lot, bring anyone else up and that gets totally missed and we get back to the same Meg chat.
I didn’t suggest a separate thread, there is no need for that.

Reactions: 2
Just for the record, I follow Meg, I don’t mind her stories, I don’t really watch any blogs from anyone, it’s the constant weird speculation on here that gets too much.
Going over the same ground again and again is just a lot, bring anyone else up and that gets totally missed and we get back to the same Meg chat.
Who would you like to discuss? This page isn’t just for instagram and YouTube. There are people from Facebook, TikTok and other blog sites mentioned too.

Going back to Kate and her riding school... I always thought it would be a bad idea as thought she lived in the middle of no where? Surely that will struggle to generate enough clientelle/volunteers to make it a viable business venture?

4 of my local riding schools have closed down in the past 5 years because they simply couldn't keep afloat, with the 5th one currently in the process of being sold to developers.

If she doesn't want to sell them, she could full loan them out surely.. She really does like to make it harder for herself and I'm shocked her parents (albeit I imagine they're also crazy) haven't put a stop to this lunacy of 28 horses. It's literally slowly killing their child (sorry, but bluntly put that is what's happening)

Reactions: 9
Going back to Kate and her riding school... I always thought it would be a bad idea as thought she lived in the middle of no where? Surely that will struggle to generate enough clientelle/volunteers to make it a viable business venture?

4 of my local riding schools have closed down in the past 5 years because they simply couldn't keep afloat, with the 5th one currently in the process of being sold to developers.

If she doesn't want to sell them, she could full loan them out surely.. She really does like to make it harder for herself and I'm shocked her parents (albeit I imagine they're also crazy) haven't put a stop to this lunacy of 28 horses. It's literally slowly killing their child (sorry, but bluntly put that is what's happening)
28 horses is an insane amount to jump in with as well. Surely it would have been better to start with a smaller amount to begin building a client base while remaining manageable, and then add more in as needed? As others have said it really does smack of animal hoarding (especially given the cat hoarding) and genuine mental health problems

Reactions: 6
Considering the mom is hoarding cats in the name of "rescuing" I do not think they see anything wrong with Kate's many horses.

But yeah, starting off with about 29 horses for a riding school just seems like a bad business plan no matter who it is. Or even having about more than 10 horses of your own (can't remember how many she had) that you take care for yourself and then buy another 10+ horses without any help to care for them. Unless you know there is a lot of interest in a riding school in the area then starting off with just a few whilst you slowly build up a clientele would be better? And then as needs rise you buy more horses slowly, ensuring you also can hire staff that can help take care of those horses.

Reactions: 7
I was thinking this morning about work and what I earn, mainly because I’ve just had a long winded conversation with an Uber driver about Donald Trump and corruption, lol. But anyway when I first started work I picked up £42.00 a week and got my pony a few months later, very luckily gifted her through circumstances, but my livery was 12.50 a week. Can you imagine keeping a horse for 12.50 a week now? When we lost our boy about four years ago we were paying just under 200.00 a month for technically DIY but the livery owner was awesome and we were practically full livery in the week.

What kind of money is everyone paying now? I’m in the Midlands because I know areas make a difference. It’s the one thing that terries me about ever owning one again.
London area/outside M25

Full (working livery), schooled and hacked when asked for. Basic feed and forage. c.£1,200 pcm

Basically a mortgage on locked low rates.......

'Further" afield ditto above but in Reading (friends place) £1,100 pcm.
---
Considering the mom is hoarding cats in the name of "rescuing" I do not think they see anything wrong with Kate's many horses.

But yeah, starting off with about 29 horses for a riding school just seems like a bad business plan no matter who it is. Or even having about more than 10 horses of your own (can't remember how many she had) that you take care for yourself and then buy another 10+ horses without any help to care for them. Unless you know there is a lot of interest in a riding school in the area then starting off with just a few whilst you slowly build up a clientele would be better? And then as needs rise you buy more horses slowly, ensuring you also can hire staff that can help take care of those horses.
Do they seem like a family that has a business plan? (LOL no)
---
Can someone tell us Megs reveal so I don't have to sit through another video 🤣 and her ads and product placements

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Agree re the going over old ground again and again. It’s just tedious to read. The answer appears to be that as Meg is so very important that we all need to discuss her day after day saying the same things. I have no interest in her but see other people are. I’m allowed to say I’m bored with it, I’m also allowed to say if there are so many posts about her that she needs her own thread like so many influencers have on tattle.
To me it’s not weird not to want to read page after page of posts saying the same thing about the same person that you’re not interested in. It’s weird to want to make everyone read it. 🤣

Agree re the going over old ground again and again. It’s just tedious to read. The answer appears to be that as Meg is so very important that we all need to discuss her day after day saying the same things. I have no interest in her but see other people are. I’m allowed to say I’m bored with it, I’m also allowed to say if there are so many posts about her that she needs her own thread like so many influencers have on tattle.
To me it’s not weird not to want to read page after page of posts saying the same thing about the same person that you’re not interested in. It’s weird to want to make everyone read it. 🤣
Fortunately, visiting this thread is entirely optional so I don't think anyone is being made to do anything. I get bored of people complaining about too much Meg and not volunteering anyone else they would like to talk about! Meg gets a lot of posts because she is a very active poster so there is more to discuss (especially at the moment) - if someone is only posting once a week they're obviously not going to be talked about as much

Reactions: 14
Fortunately, visiting this thread is entirely optional so I don't think anyone is being made to do anything. I get bored of people complaining about too much Meg and not volunteering anyone else they would like to talk about! Meg gets a lot of posts because she is a very active poster so there is more to discuss (especially at the moment) - if someone is only posting once a week they're obviously not going to be talked about as much
Exactly this, we can only comment on the posts/content being put out. If certain people post more frequently then of course they’ll be discussed more. I don’t agree with people saying it’s basically a Meg thread. Plenty of other people are discussed and people are always welcome to bring others into it. I also don’t agree that new discussions get buried by the Meg stuff. I think RWC, Mumchausen & RTG get discussed quite frequently too.

Reactions: 4
London area/outside M25

Full (working livery), schooled and hacked when asked for. Basic feed and forage. c.£1,200 pcm

Basically a mortgage on locked low rates.......

'Further" afield ditto above but in Reading (friends place) £1,100 pcm.
---

Do they seem like a family that has a business plan? (LOL no)
---
Can someone tell us Megs reveal so I don't have to sit through another video 🤣 and her ads and product placements

Blimey, that is some serious money! Is that an average kind of price?

Reactions: 1

She isn’t in the middle of nowhere. She is well within reach of several towns, one of which is Scarborough, there another well established riding school just down the road. I have seen her mentioned here before but didn’t realise she was in an area I am familiar with until yesterday.

I’m sure there are rave threads on tattle maybe Meg needs one of those so people who like discussing her in a positive way don’t get offended by those who don’t.

The person with the 29 horses are they all stabled because that’s a lot of work for one person.

I’m more shocked at the humongous transporter lorry that the horse came on than Meg’s choice! Still think dark green and bay is a questionable colour choice but I wish them all the best!

Reactions: 6
Well Meg works hard and produces a lot of content so...she gets discussed. I've seen threads on here which have basically been a gazillion posts saying Pepper is too fat. I just skip through until I find something I'm interested in.

Blimey, that is some serious money! Is that an average kind of price?
It's not even the most expensive. I know of at least one place (complete facilities etc) that are £1,400 (not including exercising). I imagine their prices will have gone up since I last looked.

Its basically the home counties commuting band - but obviously in reverse for those that work in London.

Note these as full livery and often (including exercising) and based with a professional - targeting London professionals that want top service and also coaching etc

There are certainly more reasonable prices (well in comparison, c. £850 pcm) assisted/DIY but the people that I know in my circles that use those are those that don't need to commute/live in London and often aren't even working full time. Or they could be WFH.

Pleased that Meg bought the bay. I called that as soon as I saw her on it. She seemed confident straight away when riding it and it looks like a sweet mare.

I’m more shocked at the humongous transporter lorry that the horse came on than Meg’s choice! Still think dark green and bay is a questionable colour choice but I wish them all the best!
That was an absolute beast of a lorry wasn't it! Not to doxx myself too badly but I live in a town with a lot of horses and the size and presumable expense of some of the lorries I see driving around is mindblowing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.