Equestrian influencers #19 bit doesn’t fit, but we’ll still try and flog the same old sh..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really wish I'd appreciated how much financial strain that would have put on my parents (who weren't wealthy by any means) and not spent years begging them for my own horse.
That was what I was thinking! I was so oblivious when I was younger and knew we could afford the purchase price so didn't understand why we "couldn't afford a horse"

Reactions: 6
My livery is £220 PCM for a 15x12 stable, hard standing turnout in winter, 24/7 summer grazing, 5 arenas including an indoor, all weather canter/cross country track, cross country course over 40 acres, lunge pen, walker, hot wash and solarium and private hacking lanes. Our hay and haylage is included (as much as we want), haynets and feed put in every morning and we have the option to ask for additional services. Shavings on site at £7.50.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
ELS Eventing rode well with Donut on there first go at novice, although he looks a lazy SJ with his legs in places, but that might come in time, there XC round looked very confident from both of them.
Loving Justine taking on OTTB for a re homing program, rides it out the same day she’s bought it home 😂 She’s such a legend.
The Meg talk is seriously boring, going over the same story time and time again about one horse she’s bought, we get the picture.
Did Holly ever vlog her SJ comp when Rocky jumped the big boy fences? Would love to have seen that….. It will be very interesting to see how she goes XC riding with him.
RWC is a complete spoilt brat, with a selfish mind. Zero time for her too.

Reactions: 2
My livery is £220 PCM for a 15x12 stable, hard standing turnout in winter, 24/7 summer grazing, 5 arenas including an indoor, all weather canter/cross country track, cross country course over 40 acres, lunge pen, walker, hot wash and solarium and private hacking lanes. Our hay and haylage is included (as much as we want), haynets and feed put in every morning and we have the option to ask for additional services. Shavings on site at £7.50.
Where in the country is this?! Ditching my Surrey home and moving to your yard ASAP!😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You can’t win with the Meg debate, as someone who only really watches her vlogs:

1. I want to discuss her in this equestrian thread
2. I want to be mindful that not everyone wants to hear it 24/7, but at the same time nobody wants a separate thread for her

Reactions: 7
That's almost cheaper than what I spend at home!! (Three horses tho)
---
The Meg and The Meg 2.
---
Am I the only one who can't watch ELS eventing?? Her voice is like nails down a blackboard. Maybe I'll retry. Also I love Justine but her riding is, erm, old school at times. Just in the interests of not mentioning Meg!!

Reactions: 1
You can’t win with the Meg debate, as someone who only really watches her vlogs:

1. I want to discuss her in this equestrian thread
2. I want to be mindful that not everyone wants to hear it 24/7, but at the same time nobody wants a separate thread for her
Please discuss her, I’m happy to engage where I find it interesting. I don’t get the drama over it to be honest, if you don’t want to discuss her then just don’t, quite why people post to tell people they’re either just jealous or think Meg can do no wrong is baffling. Scrolling past is so flipping easy, no need to post to tell people that you don’t like what they’re talking about.

Reactions: 15
Please discuss her, I’m happy to engage where I find it interesting. I don’t get the drama over it to be honest, if you don’t want to discuss her then just don’t, quite why people post to tell people they’re either just jealous or think Meg can do no wrong is baffling. Scrolling past is so flipping easy, no need to post to tell people that you don’t like what they’re talking about.
Because it’s repetitive, constant talk about the same thing over and over again. I don’t mind the talk, as it’s easy to scroll past, but not when the whole thread of 48 pages is about one horse Meg has bought, it’s kinda boring.

Reactions: 3
Who is likeable though? Everyone is so try hard atm.. I feel everything has become so extra and “look at me”
That's a very good point but I reckon the type of people who have the guts to get out there and vlog are also the type of people who are so extra.

I have to say, I like good horse content in vlogs, not too much chatty chat chat, and for the love of god, please invest in a good mic :)
And don't all use the same loyalty free background music... 😁

If much rather see training and lesson content than the endless ‘new shiny’ product or ‘come spend a day mucking out with me’.. I do enough of that with my own!

Because it’s repetitive, constant talk about the same thing over and over again. I don’t mind the talk, as it’s easy to scroll past, but not when the whole thread of 48 pages is about one horse Meg has bought, it’s kinda boring.
But it isn’t though is it? And you keep adding to it by talking about people talking about her, it’s like a self fulfilling prophecy. Like all the people who bang on to the Daily Mail and Twitter about how irrelevant Meg and Harry are yet can’t stop talking about them.
---
If much rather see training and lesson content than the endless ‘new shiny’ product or ‘come spend a day mucking out with me’.. I do enough of that with my own!
This is why I like Alanna Clark, her content is fab for this. Just watching her current vlog with her trainer helping her sort some problems out.
---
That's a very good point but I reckon the type of people who have the guts to get out there and vlog are also the type of people who are so extra.

I have to say, I like good horse content in vlogs, not too much chatty chat chat, and for the love of god, please invest in a good mic :)
And don't all use the same loyalty free background music... 😁
I’d go with Flo and Evie for eventing and Alanna for dressage, they get the balance really well, think they all take what they’re doing seriously but also are fun to watch. Also love an Ashley Harrison vlog, the family and friends in hers really make for fun viewing along with the horse side.
---
That was what I was thinking! I was so oblivious when I was younger and knew we could afford the purchase price so didn't understand why we "couldn't afford a horse"
My moms favourite thing to tell me was that buying a horse was never the problem it was keeping one and once I had one I knew how right she was, lol.
---
Totally given upon her, she cares more about how everything looks than her horse. Her attitude when people were suggesting she get a good work up on Vossi because of his behaviour when jumping was awful. She was rude, snotty and arrogant.
---
Lilpet or whatever she’s called has done a vlog explaining that she sold Joey some months ago. Fair play to her for admitting they weren’t suited and so she did what was best for both of them and has sold him to a more suited home.
Sorry, Smokey not Joey. Joey is This Esme’s horse. Watched a vlog from her yesterday having a lesson on him, it was not pleasant shall we say.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This is why I like Alanna Clark, her content is fab for this. Just watching her current vlog with her trainer helping her sort some problems out.
Agreed! And every vlog is different. I'm also quite excited about Dave. I like all her horses but he has an extra something. I think he'll be a bit special, and possibly quite a challenge. It'll be an interesting journey.

Not seen her new one, must have missed it. Thanks for the heads up, off to watch now.

On Instagram I really enjoy Carl Hedin's content. I wish he made vlogs.

Lilpet or whatever she’s called has done a vlog explaining that she sold Joey some months ago. Fair play to her for admitting they weren’t suited and so she did what was best for both of them and has sold him to a more suited home.
They were never suited in the first place really. Why she bought a pony I don’t know.
They seem to hoard horses, so I’m glad she let Smokey go. I wonder if they have anyone sharing or riding any of the others. It seems a lot for just her mum to manage, particularly with their other pets.

[QUOTE="Alfie1234, post: 17377490, member: 180049"---

---

I’d go with Flo and Evie for eventing and Alanna for dressage, they get the balance really well, think they all take what they’re doing seriously but also are fun to watch. [/QUOTE]

I’ve just come from watching that. I like her instructor too she seems really positive. Alannas vlogs with her doing a voiceover are my favourite I always feel like I learn something.

for me Alanna Flo and Evie definitely don’t fit in the same grabby influencer pool as some of the bigger ones, I really enjoy watching them.

Reactions: 2
How on earth did Holly manage a 75% dressage score on Rocky? Must be generous judges!
Interested to see how XC goes given she doesn't seem to have taken him schooling (maybe once this year?) 😬 I'm pretty disappointed with Holly lately, I used to really rate her for how she produced Khal and assumed she would be using her vet knowledge to be at the forefront of welfare etc, but she seems to be far more focused on results than anything else

Reactions: 4
Where in the country is this?! Ditching my Surrey home and moving to your yard ASAP!😂
Northern Ireland 😂 and trust me, it SUCKS here 😂 The economy is shocking compared to UK. I bought my 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a front and rear garden and driveway for 120k 🙈 Wouldn't be enough to rent an apartment for a year most places in England!
---
Northern Ireland 😂 and trust me, it SUCKS here 😂 The economy is shocking compared to UK. I bought my 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a front and rear garden and driveway for 120k 🙈 Wouldn't be enough to rent an apartment for a year most places in England!
To add, for horses, life here kind of sucks. We have no off road hacking or bridleways unless there happens to be some at your yard (which is very uncommon), and we do NOT have year round grass turnout EVER 😭

Reactions: 3
Agreed! And every vlog is different. I'm also quite excited about Dave. I like all her horses but he has an extra something. I think he'll be a bit special, and possibly quite a challenge. It'll be an interesting journey.

Not seen her new one, must have missed it. Thanks for the heads up, off to watch now.

Alannas only came out in the early hours, I was up early so saw it. She’s so honest in the vlog about things not going well and how her confidence is struggling. I’ll not lie, a lot of her lesson went over my head completely, but kudos to me for thinking she needed to take the coat off and that also the saddle wasn’t fitting properly.

Did you see her insta post last week where she was covered in mud after having a flying lesson from him? Fortunately she was okay and got back on, but you have to be brave with these youngsters.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.