Equestrian influencers #19 bit doesn’t fit, but we’ll still try and flog the same old sh..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right up at the other end of the country, on the north coast of Scotland - I have mine at home, but friends on livery are paying, from memory, £200 a month on a yard that has large stables, an outdoor school with jump stands and poles available, small cross country course, 5-minute hack up the road to the community-owned indoor school that anyone can hire, year-round turnout. I think that's on an assisted DIY basis, the yard does them during the week, owners at weekends. Hay costs can be a bit of a nightmare up here if we have a bad summer, we get a very short growing season. It seems to be about £25 for a large round this year, but I was lucky and caught my neighbour when he was doing his fields next to mine, so he cut, turned and baled mine as well - £80 for 13 large rounds.

When I lived in Croydon I had my 4-y-o on schooling livery at Oldencraig, that was £900 a month in 2005.

Reactions: 1
Gosh where I am in the North West we’re still paying £18 a week for DIY (no arena) and I think the most expensive DIY yard in my area is £30 a week but it has a really nice indoor arena.

I do have a friend who has a horse on Somerford and he pays £750pcm full livery. Never visits it either I don’t see the point personally.

——

Also to add to the riding school fiasco, clearly gone into that with 0 business plan as others have said. Kate was one of the OG Instagram accounts that took off so she could have worked smarter and if so, potentially could have been using socials to pay for her horses etc like Esme, Harlow & Meg have done (not interested in starting the esme/meg/chelsea income debate again).

Poor poor RWC - all the shooting for her brands is SUCH hard work. Does she not realise that field management and grooming is something we all do just for the welfare of our horses 😡
Also, watch this space, she is going to be selling more of her gifted stuff shortly.
Of all of them I think it is RWC the gets my back up the most

Reactions: 4
To those saying Kate should have tried a small scale first- she only had 9/29 horses in riding school work 🫣 the others were just hers

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Poor poor RWC - all the shooting for her brands is SUCH hard work. Does she not realise that field management and grooming is something we all do just for the welfare of our horses 😡
Also, watch this space, she is going to be selling more of her gifted stuff shortly.
She really winds me up. Just comes across like an ungrateful brat. I can’t get over her wanting to spray paint the stirrups her mum bought her because she didn’t want to give the brand free publicity. She acts like the world owes her something. Just an entitled little cow IMO.

Right up at the other end of the country, on the north coast of Scotland - I have mine at home, but friends on livery are paying, from memory, £200 a month on a yard that has large stables, an outdoor school with jump stands and poles available, small cross country course, 5-minute hack up the road to the community-owned indoor school that anyone can hire, year-round turnout. I think that's on an assisted DIY basis, the yard does them during the week, owners at weekends. Hay costs can be a bit of a nightmare up here if we have a bad summer, we get a very short growing season. It seems to be about £25 for a large round this year, but I was lucky and caught my neighbour when he was doing his fields next to mine, so he cut, turned and baled mine as well - £80 for 13 large rounds.

When I lived in Croydon I had my 4-y-o on schooling livery at Oldencraig, that was £900 a month in 2005.
Croydon pricing - would be interesting if you could find (if they still exist) what they charge now. If you used where I am, (£1200 pcm) is only a linear 1.5% increase for 18 years.....vastly behind inflation and cost of living.

I know the yard only pays for itself....it does not turn a profit. Moneys in the teaching and clinics

she’s just not as likeable as some of the others is she? So she has to get her horse clean for shoots I assume she’s paid for? Half of them have greys or coloureds and I haven’t noticed anyone else complaining 🤣

I’m more shocked at the humongous transporter lorry that the horse came on than Meg’s choice! Still think dark green and bay is a questionable colour choice but I wish them all the best!
They fill it and bring lots over at once I’ve even seen one with an ifor trailer on the back. It must make it a hell of a lot cheaper for the person buying the horse. They can also come at stupid hours in the morning. Not a job I’d want nor would I really want my horse delivering at 2am I like my sleep to much 😂😂😂😂😂

Lily equestrian has really progressed this last year, she’s done a cracking job with Eric!

£25 for a large round is cheap if it’s good quality.

Reactions: 3
I’m more shocked at the humongous transporter lorry that the horse came on than Meg’s choice! Still think dark green and bay is a questionable colour choice but I wish them all the best!
My friend has a dark bay and all of her stuff is green and it lush! And the big lorries are normal for transporting from Ireland

Reactions: 8
she’s just not as likeable as some of the others is she? So she has to get her horse clean for shoots I assume she’s paid for? Half of them have greys or coloureds and I haven’t noticed anyone else complaining 🤣
Not as likeable? She’s not remotely likeable. Even RTG has a more likeable personality. Charlotte is just a nasty brat with a heavy dose of entitlement. She has such a punchable face! I can’t stand her!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Totally given upon her, she cares more about how everything looks than her horse. Her attitude when people were suggesting she get a good work up on Vossi because of his behaviour when jumping was awful. She was rude, snotty and arrogant.
---
Lilpet or whatever she’s called has done a vlog explaining that she sold Joey some months ago. Fair play to her for admitting they weren’t suited and so she did what was best for both of them and has sold him to a more suited home.

Croydon pricing - would be interesting if you could find (if they still exist) what they charge now. If you used where I am, (£1200 pcm) is only a linear 1.5% increase for 18 years.....vastly behind inflation and cost of living.

I know the yard only pays for itself....it does not turn a profit. Moneys in the teaching and clinics
The Winfields sold it off for housing about 5 years ago, the whole place got flattened, but for some reason the website is still up - think these are the prices from 2013 though.

Blimey, that is some serious money! Is that an average kind of price?
At the absolute opposite end of the spectrum, I'm on diy livery in Midlands for £120 a month plus extra for hay in winter. Very basic yard no arena, but I'm a happy hacker so does us ok

Who is likeable though? Everyone is so try hard atm.. I feel everything has become so extra and “look at me”

Im pretty sure she didn’t have her insured but it would depend on the policy you take out how much value you put on and if you had loss of use I think
I’m pretty sure you only get the sum of money if the horse is put down on welfare grounds.

It's not even the most expensive. I know of at least one place (complete facilities etc) that are £1,400 (not including exercising). I imagine their prices will have gone up since I last looked.

Its basically the home counties commuting band - but obviously in reverse for those that work in London.

Note these as full livery and often (including exercising) and based with a professional - targeting London professionals that want top service and also coaching etc

There are certainly more reasonable prices (well in comparison, c. £850 pcm) assisted/DIY but the people that I know in my circles that use those are those that don't need to commute/live in London and often aren't even working full time. Or they could be WFH.
Yep, I just had a look at a couple of yards that I used to ride at (home counties too) and full livery is between £1250 and £1500 a month, 5 day a week part livery at one place is £997 a month. When I used to ride in the 2000s we were paying £30 - £40 for an hours lesson.

Really wish I'd appreciated how much financial strain that would have put on my parents (who weren't wealthy by any means) and not spent years begging them for my own horse.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.