Equestrian influencers #19 bit doesn’t fit, but we’ll still try and flog the same old sh..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But it isn’t though is it? And you keep adding to it by talking about people talking about her, it’s like a self fulfilling prophecy. Like all the people who bang on to the Daily Mail and Twitter about how irrelevant Meg and Harry are yet can’t stop talking about them.
---

This is why I like Alanna Clark, her content is fab for this. Just watching her current vlog with her trainer helping her sort some problems out.
---

I’d go with Flo and Evie for eventing and Alanna for dressage, they get the balance really well, think they all take what they’re doing seriously but also are fun to watch. Also love an Ashley Harrison vlog, the family and friends in hers really make for fun viewing along with the horse side.
---

My moms favourite thing to tell me was that buying a horse was never the problem it was keeping one and once I had one I knew how right she was, lol.
---

Sorry, Smokey not Joey. Joey is This Esme’s horse. Watched a vlog from her yesterday having a lesson on him, it was not pleasant shall we say.
Esme? Her riding was getting a lot better I hope she hasn’t gone backwards

Esme? Her riding was getting a lot better I hope she hasn’t gone backwards
Joey was really playing up and bucking quite high, she sat it well and carried on, but over jumps she just has him on such a tight rein and there’s very little of her going with him. It just looked miserable and uncomfortable for both, but hey, her base layer matched her saddle cloth 🙄. She does say she’ll probably get hate for it and also says he’s definitely not in pain blah blah blah, I wouldn’t have wanted to show it to be honest. The vlog is a bit of a mess, she films herself doing voiceovers, doing green screen, showing off her base layer collection and then chucks a bit of the lesson at the end.

Reactions: 3
They were never suited in the first place really. Why she bought a pony I don’t know.
They seem to hoard horses, so I’m glad she let Smokey go. I wonder if they have anyone sharing or riding any of the others. It seems a lot for just her mum to manage, particularly with their other pets.
i think her new video tonight is a new horse she’s got maybe 🤔

Joey was really playing up and bucking quite high, she sat it well and carried on, but over jumps she just has him on such a tight rein and there’s very little of her going with him. It just looked miserable and uncomfortable for both, but hey, her base layer matched her saddle cloth 🙄. She does say she’ll probably get hate for it and also says he’s definitely not in pain blah blah blah, I wouldn’t have wanted to show it to be honest. The vlog is a bit of a mess, she films herself doing voiceovers, doing green screen, showing off her base layer collection and then chucks a bit of the lesson at the end.
I’m guessing the bucks knocked her confidence as she her contact had got more giving and soft over a fence. If there is any issues I would day the saddle doesn’t fit. I doubt the fitter Voltaire send out is actually qualified and a member of the SMS or whatever the abbreviation is. The girth is 100% to short, and it was somthing I didn’t realise until I had a saddler out for my mew monoflap.

Don’t understand the drama about Meg if you don’t like just ignore it there is also a lot of other equines people who are constantly mentioned but nobody says anything. I don’t understand why she bought the bay mare it doesn’t look 👀 like a proper eventer and is not project she bought the Completely different to what she needs . If I being honest it looks more like a horse to have fun on or a pony club/ riding club horse it not a horse for BE100 . This esme riding was awful i not convinced she can see lameness since the state of her poor donkey they should have been pts a long time ago. I feel like she the type of person that would let an animal suffer instead of doing the right thing. There is a saying you can love a animal to much that makes you blind to reality.

Reactions: 2
To those saying Kate should have tried a small scale first- she only had 9/29 horses in riding school work 🫣 the others were just hers
That's what I was saying! How idiotic to buy more horses to open a riding school when you are already taking care of 10+ horses. Which now turns out to be 20 own horses that she took care of all by herself. Both Meg and Miri have help with their horses despite having "only" around 10 horses.

i was just wondering am I the only one who thinks it’s crazy for influencers to rely on there income from social media to afford their horses and house . I herd that YouTube and social media isn’t a long term job because it constantly changing like the biggest you tubers in 2013-2015 are nobody’s now and aren’t even doing social media and just working a normal job some of them have massive debts because there current jobs don’t generate enough money to pay off there mortgages and loans. I feel like Meg and this esme are going to be screwed in few years as they probably would struggle to get a job as their age and no work experience. this esme doesn’t have a degree and Meg couldn’t do a grad program job as both of them would be to old. I just find it crazy there family isn’t telling them to have a backup option.

Don’t understand the drama about Meg if you don’t like just ignore it there is also a lot of other equines people who are constantly mentioned but nobody says anything. I don’t understand why she bought the bay mare it doesn’t look 👀 like a proper eventer and is not project she bought the Completely different to what she needs . If I being honest it looks more like a horse to have fun on or a pony club/ riding club horse it not a horse for BE100 . This esme riding was awful i not convinced she can see lameness since the state of her poor donkey they should have been pts a long time ago. I feel like she the type of person that would let an animal suffer instead of doing the right thing. There is a saying you can love a animal to much that makes you blind to reality.
It’s better a week to soon that a day to late. The donkey that had the stroke looks far bette than Willow. I know she doesn’t want to loose the donkey but she’s not felid sound and surely the vet has a duty of care to say some as she must see the vet to get the bute.

Mumchausen: ‘Frankie went for dinner with her dad and it triggered a night of seizures’.

Also Mumchausen: ‘let’s go to YHL with lots of stimulation and just see how we get on’.

Reactions: 10
i was just wondering am I the only one who thinks it’s crazy for influencers to rely on there income from social media to afford their horses and house . I herd that YouTube and social media isn’t a long term job because it constantly changing like the biggest you tubers in 2013-2015 are nobody’s now and aren’t even doing social media and just working a normal job some of them have massive debts because there current jobs don’t generate enough money to pay off there mortgages and loans. I feel like Meg and this esme are going to be screwed in few years as they probably would struggle to get a job as their age and no work experience. this esme doesn’t have a degree and Meg couldn’t do a grad program job as both of them would be to old. I just find it crazy there family isn’t telling them to have a backup option.
Grad schemes don’t usually have an age limit, I think they should just make the most of it while it lasts as it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, they’re still young and have plenty of time to succumb to the boring life of a 9-5!

Reactions: 6
Mumchausen: ‘Frankie went for dinner with her dad and it triggered a night of seizures’.

Also Mumchausen: ‘let’s go to YHL with lots of stimulation and just see how we get on’.
Came to say exactly this!!!

Reactions: 1
Grad schemes don’t usually have an age limit, I think they should just make the most of it while it lasts as it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, they’re still young and have plenty of time to succumb to the boring life of a 9-5!
Also although we obviously don't know their exact financial situations, neither of them are exactly from a poor background. I'm sure if youtube and instagram vanished off the face of the earth tomorrow they would be able to get some help to tide them over. Both of them (I think? I don't watch Esme but I've seen discussed here) also are establishing themselves outside of just YT/IG - FEI presenting, H&C work etc - which should help give them some longevity

Meg's family are clearly wealthy (look at the size of the farm and the number of horses they had before YouTube!). She doesn't need to worry. Grad schemes are super competitive and only a small number of grads find employment that way anyway.

But building a YouTube career is giving them skills like filming, editing, managing social media - they'll literally never be out of work if they want to manage a company's social media as a job.

Plus, with presenting for the FEI and trying to get Pete's equine videography thing going, you can see they're trying to diversify.

Reactions: 8
Did you see her insta post last week where she was covered in mud after having a flying lesson from him? Fortunately she was okay and got back on, but you have to be brave with these youngsters.
I saw! I think Star was "fairly easy" to back and bring on, Dave is a bit more spicy by the looks of it. He has so much presence. Trust it to be her tallest (?) horse she falls from. He looks the tallest anyway.

I also rate her instructor, that was a great lesson.

RTG - just watched her stories, did she say the vet didn’t remind her that Pepper needed vaccinating?
So, looks like her vaccinations lapsed, she had her done but with a booster so although covered, not in the eyes of the FEI, she had to start again and then she missed the restart of the course.

While correct they don't have an age limit - they do often require you to have graduated within X amount. Which Meg is now well past.

Came to say exactly this!!!
There’s no way Mumchausen will stay away from somewhere like that, she thrives on the attention and martyrdom,it will be manna from heaven to her to have all these people telling her how amazing and selfless she is.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.