Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know whether that is the cause, but she defiitely goes disunited quite a lot. The amount of times she has to be brought back to trot as well. Flying changes are really not that hard to teach, especially for jumping.
Yes, I noticed this too! Im very surprised Meg doesn’t have them doing flying changes!

Reactions: 2
Yes, I noticed this too! Im very surprised Meg doesn’t have them doing flying changes!
I thought this before, potentially she doesn’t want to risk accidental flying changes in her dressage tests? I’m not hugely clued up on BE dressage tests but just from watching her vlogs there seems to be a lot of cantering the diagonal with some counter canter at times, might just not be worth the hassle!

Came here to say the same thing!

Is she expecting sympathy? She's bought a horse without a vetting, had the kid jump it every ride whilst simultaneously going on about how many issues it has, and is now surprised that it's (allegedly) decked Frankie? You could see it coming a mile off! She needs to give her head a wobble
Let’s not forget those remedial shoes she’s put on the pony too which of course aren’t a plaster to a bigger issue.

I thought this before, potentially she doesn’t want to risk accidental flying changes in her dressage tests? I’m not hugely clued up on BE dressage tests but just from watching her vlogs there seems to be a lot of cantering the diagonal with some counter canter at times, might just not be worth the hassle!
BE90/100 tests do not have counter canter.

Novice/2* is where you start getting BD Novice movements such as medium, lateral (leg yield) and simple changes.

She doesn't know how to teach them. In lessons on other horses, she's had to be told how to ask for them. On another note: how jammy is Tina. In latest vlog, I bet the only item she had to pay for was Banksy himself. From what she was wearing to tack to truck, likely all sponsored or gifted.

Reactions: 3
She doesn't know how to teach them. In lessons on other horses, she's had to be told how to ask for them. On another note: how jammy is Tina. In latest vlog, I bet the only item she had to pay for was Banksy himself. From what she was wearing to tack to truck, likely all sponsored or gifted.
And to be fair, it’s the same with all the vloggers! They buy nothing!
---
Because she’s a basic rider. She trains only the basics and that’s because she doesn’t know how to teach flying changes.

Let’s not forget those remedial shoes she’s put on the pony too which of course aren’t a plaster to a bigger issue.
Now she’s got a list as long as her arm of things to check with the vet. So ridiculous!! Some people really shock me. If I bought a horse that hadn’t been vetted and it showed any symptoms of being uncomfortable, it would be straight to the vet!!

BE90/100 tests do not have counter canter.

Novice/2* is where you start getting BD Novice movements such as medium, lateral (leg yield) and simple changes.
Oh my mistake, I could have sworn I’ve seen her do tests where she comes across the diagonal in canter and maintains the diagonal until E / B

Has Meg been XC training yet since last year? She’s eventing on Sunday? Just wondering how her XC will go if she hasn’t trained for it? If she panics when she SJ then it’s not going to be any easier on XC for her

Reactions: 1
The wonderful beans, is now a lunatic and apparently throwing off Frankie. I mean, it's really not Beans fault she's now having to shout, she's been clearly uncomfortable the whole time.

There were so many red flags about that purchase, I'm not sure why the mother didn't get a vet to at least look at her before they purchased. I notice the old owner used to be tagged and is now definitely not. Awkward.

Reactions: 4
Does Frankie's mum aim to buy lame or ill horses, it seems that way. Bean's problems were put on social media when they first had her so why didn't they think to vet. The horse has clearly been uncomfortable for a long time, but as others have said they've happily carried on jumping her, excusing it as rehab. They've talked the talked but carried on doing what they usually do which is over jumping, over schooling and trying to find every possible problem. Bean does look uncomfortable but the mother seems like she goes looking so hard to find more that's wrong. I think you could give them a pony which was sound and passed a 5 stage and they'd find something wrong and to rehab whilst jumping it's legs off.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Really unfair on the pony to brand it a 'lunatic' too. I feel like I'm a total snowflake with my beasts but this owner is unbelievable in terms of what she's able to find 'wrong' with an animal. It's spring! She's still a baby! Give her 5 minutes without being poked and prodded and see how she goes!

Reactions: 4
Has Meg been XC training yet since last year? She’s eventing on Sunday? Just wondering how her XC will go if she hasn’t trained for it? If she panics when she SJ then it’s not going to be any easier on XC for her
To be fair Dee will carry her around, she's the definition of a schoolmaster. Will probably come away with a jammy double clear! Meg won't get away with it when she has a blood type 5 or 6 year old to ride...

Doesn't she also have a demo coming up at Lucinda's? Sounds like a confident rider to me ;)

On another note: how jammy is Tina. In latest vlog, I bet the only item she had to pay for was Banksy himself. From what she was wearing to tack to truck, likely all sponsored or gifted.
I believe the equitrek deal is a discounted lease deal. Tina said so herself and Lucy also said hers is a discounted leases before.

Tina and her husband both work for Ford - I am pretty certain she brought the truck herself new last year or the year before....

Tina and her husband both work for Ford - I am pretty certain she brought the truck herself new last year or the year before....
Not sure what the truck she drives has to do with her deal with equitrek?
She has had a number of trailers - which she towed with her Ford truck, and although I haven’t watched the vlog, I’m assuming by the thumbnail that she now has one of their equitrek boxes.

They get company cars don’t they or somthing like that? I’m sure she had an orange ranger at some point but was in a grey van last post I saw and pretty sure she’s had another coloured ranger

I don’t know much about injuries but if Jam ‘tweaked her SI/Lumbar region’ at Bicton (October) and then continued to go to the Pippa Funnell demo in December and carried on in work until end of Jan, is it likely that it was really caused by Bicton? How severe is this injury?

To be fair Dee will carry her around, she's the definition of a schoolmaster. Will probably come away with a jammy double clear! Meg won't get away with it when she has a blood type 5 or 6 year old to ride...

Doesn't she also have a demo coming up at Lucinda's? Sounds like a confident rider to me ;)
Yes Dee will, but I’m more interested in Meg getting around, if she has a blank moment like she nearly did in her SJ then nearly kills the canter.

They get company cars don’t they or somthing like that? I’m sure she had an orange ranger at some point but was in a grey van last post I saw and pretty sure she’s had another coloured ranger
I think the rangers are company cars. And she bought the van because Rob often needed to drive the ranger for work and she needed a towing vehicle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.