Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven't seen much about the accident at Addington other than Lisa's post. I'm not sure I like the blame/claim game there, if that's the route they go down. She must of seen the organisation prior to taking her horse in, by taking part aren't you accepting the conditions? If it was so bad she could of pulled out? Horses are animals and these will be highly strung fit sport horses so more chances of accidents happening. I think as riders/handlers there has to be some responsibility of accepting it can be dangerous and accidents can and do happen. It's up to each person what risks they're willing to take depending on their circumstances.

Reactions: 2
Have you noticed a lot of equestrian influencers won’t call themselves an influencers. This esme calls herself a content creator and tv presenter. She popped up on my Instagram storys something to do with her new website but described herself like this . She not the only one who describes herself like this meg also calls herself this in older videos . why can’t they just admit it that they are equestrian influencers there is no shame in calling themselves influencers.

Reactions: 1
Have you noticed a lot of equestrian influencers won’t call themselves an influencers. This esme calls herself a content creator and tv presenter. She popped up on my Instagram storys something to do with her new website but described herself like this . She not the only one who describes herself like this meg also calls herself this in older videos . why can’t they just admit it that they are equestrian influencers there is no shame in calling themselves influencers.
I don’t think it matter to much does it? Esme does create content and present tv so she isn’t lying.

Reactions: 3
I think they do it because it makes it sound like they’re doing a bit more work?

By content creating, you are still influencing but by creating your own entertaining content. I suppose you’re making a job of it rather than purely having a large following because you’ve got a nice Instagram page?

I’d argue people like Meg, Esme, Tina etc are content creators with influence whereas someone like Callie Cole’s is just an influencer.

Just my opinion of how I understand it.

Reactions: 13
Because it was just clickbait nonsense wasn't it and surely anyone can see that clear as day now.....
I disagree I have had confidence knock due to rotational fall. A was back jumping my normal height within weeks there is a big difference between temporary confidence knock and severe anxiety when horse riding. Not being able to jump at all is severe anxiety which is actually a sign you suffer from anxiety in your everyday life but don’t realize.

Reactions: 6
Lauren Allport....saw has 164k subscribers but only heard of her via the holly lenahan connection. One question: where is all the money coming from that's bank rolling that operation?

Lauren Allport....saw has 164k subscribers but only heard of her via the holly lenahan connection. One question: where is all the money coming from that's bank rolling that operation?
Lauren was big back in the equine YouTube days! Would love to know the same though 🙈

Reactions: 5
Her, Gezzcanezz and Equiially were my childhood, such a throwback, I completely forgot about them!! From memory I think Lauren got a job in Dubai (?) where she had all her accommodation etc paid for, not sure what she’s up to now but potentially it’s still connected to that opportunity she had!

Reactions: 5
Yep, Lauren was working in Dubai and flew her horses out to her. She and her partner (who is also horsey) and the rest of her family moved to France after buying the place she is at now. Lauren moved around between Holland and Belgium, I guess built a name for herself and that’s how she has done it (along with the help of her partner and family).

She does physio or something like that, worked I'm Dubai for a while and still has contact with some big showjumpers in that part of the world as she sometimes flies out to do treatments for them

She does physio or something like that, worked I'm Dubai for a while and still has contact with some big showjumpers in that part of the world as she sometimes flies out to do treatments for them
Interesting. Selling younger showjumping prospects to that part of the world would fund current lifestyle. She's a lucky girl - living the dream - yard in France looks amazing. Very like Holly and a great example of what confidence can accomplish. She is a competent amateur (rider) that benefits hugely from scopey (enough) horses that don't say no.

Reactions: 1
William fox-pitt’s horse died of a heart attack yesterday out eventing, very sad 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I wonder if Dee primarily has issues with her right hock? I notice she doesn’t want to lead with the right hind and will even canter disunited to the right.

Frankies Ponies mum again slyly digging at Bean’s old owner. Maybe if Bean hadn’t been constantly jumped since the minute she got there and had been investigated as soon as problems arose, they wouldn’t be in this mess. She’s saying that the head shaking isn’t back (sorry didn’t realise she had xray vision) but in the next story says she’s going to investigate the back??

I also saw a few days ago that they’d retired Lekie but plan to walk hack him when it dries up??? No. Let the poor boy retire if he’s comfortable doing so.

Reactions: 4
Frankies Ponies mum again slyly digging at Bean’s old owner. Maybe if Bean hadn’t been constantly jumped since the minute she got there and had been investigated as soon as problems arose, they wouldn’t be in this mess. She’s saying that the head shaking isn’t back (sorry didn’t realise she had xray vision) but in the next story says she’s going to investigate the back??

I also saw a few days ago that they’d retired Lekie but plan to walk hack him when it dries up??? No. Let the poor boy retire if he’s comfortable doing so.
Came here to say the same thing!

Is she expecting sympathy? She's bought a horse without a vetting, had the kid jump it every ride whilst simultaneously going on about how many issues it has, and is now surprised that it's (allegedly) decked Frankie? You could see it coming a mile off! She needs to give her head a wobble

Reactions: 7
I wonder if Dee primarily has issues with her right hock? I notice she doesn’t want to lead with the right hind and will even canter disunited to the right.
I don't know whether that is the cause, but she defiitely goes disunited quite a lot. The amount of times she has to be brought back to trot as well. Flying changes are really not that hard to teach, especially for jumping.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.