Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, I was trotting up my horse for the vet and regretted not wearing a hat and gloves and that I hadn’t put him in a bridle. We were at home, let alone at a high end competition! Horses are dangerous, and we take on that risk every time we handle them. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Agree. And dressage is a little better, but eventing trot ups have turned into a fashion fest in the last few years. Welligogs and F&F promoting their latest lines with their chosen riders.

Reactions: 5
I haven’t commented in a while, so apologies if this has been mentioned. Lauren Allport’s videos about Holly’s horses has just popped up, loved watching lauren but I came to realise- Holly’s horses look really under muscled and lacking in “condition” (please don’t think I’m trying to say they skinny, lacking condition as in muscles!)

I just maybe would expect horses jumping 1.30-1.40’s to be more conditioned?What struck me too was the lack of muscle around the wither- which I was taught was a huge sign of an ill fitting saddle?
Holly has never used a well fitting saddle. If you watch older vlogs there were rounds where Khal's saddle was nearly sat on his kidneys by the end! Holly has a CWD which she won on Facebook years ago, if isn't specifically fitted to any of her horses and she uses the same one on all of them - Welbeck to Dali, who obviously are completely different shapes. I like Holly but I do think that she lacks in certain areas of horse care, especially disappointing when she is an equine vet.

Does anyone follow the Agnifilo sisters, Sofia and Alex? They put their mare Journey in foal, and sadly the mare lost the foal during labour and is now very poorly and in hospital. They've posted a gofundme, with an aim of $17,000, currently raised $8k. Just me that wouldn't dream of begging online for money when it was MY decision to put my horse in foal? Talk about abuse of "power" (ie following) 🙄
Been following for a long time, was quite surprised they bred Journey given her nasal/breathing issues even though ofc they said she’d been cleared by vet. They mentioned they might breed again in future which is just ridiculous if they didn’t have the money aside or insurance for accidents like this in the first place! If you breed a horse it’s your responsibility to be financially secure enough for the consequences…. Not everyone can beg on Instagram to fill the gaps.

Reactions: 3
I haven’t commented in a while, so apologies if this has been mentioned. Lauren Allport’s videos about Holly’s horses has just popped up, loved watching lauren but I came to realise- Holly’s horses look really under muscled and lacking in “condition” (please don’t think I’m trying to say they skinny, lacking condition as in muscles!)

I just maybe would expect horses jumping 1.30-1.40’s to be more conditioned?What struck me too was the lack of muscle around the wither- which I was taught was a huge sign of an ill fitting saddle?
She uses the same saddle for everything whether it fits or not which has been discussed before.
I remember that Fiona looked very under muscled and conditioned when she had her in work at university a few years ago. Very hollow in the flank with no topline. It was a wonder she was able to jump.

The horse at Addington is known for being sharp and silly. Lisa admits herself it has an issue with flowers.

There was a smaller holding area with a lot of horses and the larger arena where the trot up was.

Sounds as if the horse reacted to the others or the atmosphere and there was an accident where Lisa got kicked.

I don’t think anyone is to blame. There will obviously be a claim - there is a lot of vagueness around what happened on social media to protect the claim.

As riders and handlers, perhaps we should look to take some responsibility

Reactions: 2
Holly has never used a well fitting saddle. If you watch older vlogs there were rounds where Khal's saddle was nearly sat on his kidneys by the end! Holly has a CWD which she won on Facebook years ago, if isn't specifically fitted to any of her horses and she uses the same one on all of them - Welbeck to Dali, who obviously are completely different shapes. I like Holly but I do think that she lacks in certain areas of horse care, especially disappointing when she is an equine vet.
I noticed Lauren had different saddles on khal and Dali in her vlog and with Lauren being a physio who (IMO) takes very good care of her horses, will hopefully get Holly in better tack while she’s over there.

Does anyone else follow daisypoisieandstormi? She’s quite a controversial person in her other hobby (the car scene) but has seemed relatively harmless in her equestrian life until recently.. don’t really agree with laying over a 20 month old fillies back.

Meg...I wish I could have a total confidence crisis and be back jumping 100 a few weeks later 🤣
I usually love Meg but I just thought this!! I vomit going over 30cm jumps and have done for the last 4 years!!! There’s no way in hell I could go compete at 100 as quick as that

Terribly sad news that WFP lost Oratorio today at Lincoln. I was looking forward to seeing them at Badminton. 😢

• Sad
Emily EMD Eventing looks to have had a not so good SJ round at Colraine, so she mentioned, seems a little deflated. I’d be giving Addie a break from jumping for a while, and then get back to it, she seems to be having trouble with her on most of her classes, seems that Addie just isn’t mentally ready for it.

Addie is a fabulous mare but this stopping/spooking thing is going to start becoming a habit if she’s not careful. If I were Emily, I’d drop her down again to some 60cm with no filler classes just to get it the mare over this. Then if she spooks or stops, they are small enough to do from walk if needed so she doesn’t have to keep re-presenting.

As far as Meg is concerned, I hope she never has a real loss of confidence. She certainly wouldn’t be back flying over fences like that within a week or two.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Meg...I wish I could have a total confidence crisis and be back jumping 100 a few weeks later 🤣
Same…. The more I see the more I believe it wasn’t nerves more she was bleeping up and that upset her. I’ve done it in the past and been upset over my horse not going into one corner due to spooking. Now this is completely normal for my horse and never normally bothers me I was probably tired or something that day. No one has a massive crisis like that and then goes out jumping at the highest level they jump at. She should have just been honest but then saying she had a confidence crisis get more views and sympathy than simply I got emotional because I wasn’t at my best.

Last edited:
Tell me again how Meg’s ‘confidence crisis’ was genuine and not for likes and content…… I’ll wait.

Reactions: 8
Addie is a fabulous mare but this stopping/spooking thing is going to start becoming a habit if she’s not careful. If I were Emily, I’d drop her down again to some 60cm with no filler classes just to get it the mare over this. Then if she spooks or stops, they are small enough to do from walk if needed so she doesn’t have to keep re-presenting.

As far as Meg is concerned, I hope she never has a real loss of confidence. She certainly wouldn’t be back flying over fences like that within a week or two.
100% agree. Addie isn’t ready for what Emily currently wants from her. I certainly wouldn’t be thinking of entering her on a BE track if she wants to keep stopping, as like you say it’s becoming a habit for her.
Meg is just an attention seeking immature adult, I don’t doubt that she will have confidence issues on XC but all that crap she posted on her training vlog with Lucinda was purely out of frustration.

Reactions: 9
Louise bell posted an interesting photo from addington. I don’t know whether it was in support of the injured rider or against? Seems that they weren’t very organized for the trot up and there was a lot of horses in the area at once that caused a lot of tension which resulted in the accident

Does anyone else follow daisypoisieandstormi? She’s quite a controversial person in her other hobby (the car scene) but has seemed relatively harmless in her equestrian life until recently.. don’t really agree with laying over a 20 month old fillies back.
I honestly have no time of day for this girl, I really don't understand her heavy editing of the colours of her photos to make the strawberry roan "stand out" also why does she just keep buying really small ponies when evidently she is quite tall haha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.