Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has Meg been XC training yet since last year? She’s eventing on Sunday? Just wondering how her XC will go if she hasn’t trained for it? If she panics when she SJ then it’s not going to be any easier on XC for her
No way meg would entering BE without xc schooling - its just not being vlogged because it doesn't suit her narrative at present. Re jam: that mare is either injured more badly than viewers have been led to believe. Or meg doesn't want to ride her around grassroots and risk a worse result than last year which statistically is inevitable. Finishing on Dee will be a result in itself - and very much the story she wants to land.

Reactions: 5
No way meg would entering BE without xc schooling - its just not being vlogged because it doesn't suit her narrative at present. Re jam: that mare is either injured more badly than viewers have been led to believe. Or meg doesn't want to ride her around grassroots and risk a worse result than last year which statistically is inevitable. Finishing on Dee will be a result in itself - and very much the story she wants to land.
Completely agree, I think the risk of having a bad run on Jam at badminton and diminishing her value in terms of £££ is enough for her to keep up this charade for a while - a 3rd place and a qualification for the following year is better than 3rd place and then a subsequent elimination 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I think the rangers are company cars. And she bought the van because Rob often needed to drive the ranger for work and she needed a towing vehicle
Fair enough. I just vaguely remember her saying somthing about a company car which is a relatively normal thing for a fair few people.

Reactions: 1
Throwing this one out if you’re looking for a new vlogger to watch and something different. @steadyrein on YT. She’s an (American) western rider who recently broke up with her cowboy boyfriend and had to move her 3 horses and baby bison (!). Looks like she’s just getting into vlogging but has a popular Instagram under different account name.

Does Frankie's mum aim to buy lame or ill horses, it seems that way. Bean's problems were put on social media when they first had her so why didn't they think to vet. The horse has clearly been uncomfortable for a long time, but as others have said they've happily carried on jumping her, excusing it as rehab. They've talked the talked but carried on doing what they usually do which is over jumping, over schooling and trying to find every possible problem. Bean does look uncomfortable but the mother seems like she goes looking so hard to find more that's wrong. I think you could give them a pony which was sound and passed a 5 stage and they'd find something wrong and to rehab whilst jumping it's legs off.

The mum seems to thrive on having something wrong with the horses and Frankie so she can gain sympathy from followers. Are any of their horses sound?
Aurora and Biscuit might be the only ones which comes as no surprise since they’re on loan/were on loan. I’m counting Biscuit in this because she was with them up until such a short time ago. (Totally forgot about Copper the little pony with Cushings. She actually seems to be doing quite well for her age.)
Something just doesn’t sit right with the whole situation with injured horses and Frankie’s illnesses. It’s a lot in so many ways. The mum keeps predicting that Frankie will be horrifically unwell which is just…not really consistent with EDS. It can certainly be horrible, but usually not that young and not in the ways the mum describes. Certain injuries and inabilities/abilities are not typical the way she describes them.
I don’t know why you’d call your kid’s arm a “gimpy fin” or whatever she said. Or jump to fretting that a wheelchair will definitely be needed or all of the little vague hints at what’s to come. For most children and adults with EDS life is very functional as long as you keep up with physio and take sensible precautions.
D5525BBD-EACA-441F-B7A5-2644F94221B8.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Throwing this one out if you’re looking for a new vlogger to watch and something different. @steadyrein on YT. She’s an (American) western rider who recently broke up with her cowboy boyfriend and had to move her 3 horses and baby bison (!). Looks like she’s just getting into vlogging but has a popular Instagram under different account name.
I follow her on insta. She lives an interesting life but I can’t help worrying that life on the road with a fully grown bison will be a disaster 😳

The mum seems to thrive on having something wrong with the horses and Frankie so she can gain sympathy from followers. Are any of their horses sound?
Aurora and Biscuit might be the only ones which comes as no surprise since they’re on loan/were on loan. I’m counting Biscuit in this because she was with them up until such a short time ago. (Totally forgot about Copper the little pony with Cushings. She actually seems to be doing quite well for her age.)
Something just doesn’t sit right with the whole situation with injured horses and Frankie’s illnesses. It’s a lot in so many ways. The mum keeps predicting that Frankie will be horrifically unwell which is just…not really consistent with EDS. It can certainly be horrible, but usually not that young and not in the ways the mum describes. Certain injuries and inabilities/abilities are not typical the way she describes them.
I don’t know why you’d call your kid’s arm a “gimpy fin” or whatever she said. Or jump to fretting that a wheelchair will definitely be needed or all of the little vague hints at what’s to come. For most children and adults with EDS life is very functional as long as you keep up with physio and take sensible precautions. View attachment 2048867
Plus - everyone has a dodgy side/body part. My left wrist turns in because I have a weaker left wrist than right wrist. And my left leg is less stable. It’s nothing to do with a condition I may or may not have. It’s because my left side in general is weaker, as is completely normal. I think everything needs a sob story for Frankie’s mum even when things are totally normal, e.g., Bean being a “lunatic” when I would like her to find me a horse, let alone a young horse, who isn’t a bit of a “lunatic” recently with the grass and frequent weather changes.

As someone with EDS this has been infuriating to read and learn about the Frankie account this morning haha

Completely agree, I think the risk of having a bad run on Jam at badminton and diminishing her value in terms of £££ is enough for her to keep up this charade for a while - a 3rd place and a qualification for the following year is better than 3rd place and then a subsequent elimination 🤷‍♀️
That’s a very good point. The horse that won the 90 last year just sold for like £35k.

Reactions: 3
She’d be mad not to, what better opportunity to get a nice new horse. I think Irish horses are some of the best in the world.
Even though Banksy is still fit and able, she probably should look at getting another horse to allow her to pursue her hobby. How will that work with Dinks though? She’s never gonna sell Banksy. She had 3 stables but the third is used as the feed store. So how is she gonna accommodate a third horse?

Even though Banksy is still fit and able, she probably should look at getting another horse to allow her to pursue her hobby. How will that work with Dinks though? She’s never gonna sell Banksy. She had 3 stables but the third is used as the feed store. So how is she gonna accommodate a third horse?
Turn the feed room into a stable and buy a shed 😉

Reactions: 8
Turn the feed room into a stable and buy a shed 😉
‘Buy’ I think that is the only thing wrong with that sentence #ad #gifted #pr 😆
*not a specific dig at Tina, just at All influencers in general 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Are Sophie Seymour and her sister really that unlucky sisters mare died while having her foal or in all seriousness is this a well fair issue ? How many horses have died under their care.

Reactions: 4
Are Sophie Seymour and her sister really that unlucky sisters mare died while having her foal or in all seriousness is this a well fair issue ? How many horses have died under their care.
Unfortunately losing a mare during foaling happens, it’s a part of breeding that sadly you have to accept.
Sophie has lost 2 of her own horses, one to a kick which broke Roo’s leg and the other, Odin, to a tendon injury which was life ending even after extensive rehab. If she wasn’t on social media no one would know, those things happen daily to horse owners, leisure and professional! It’s the sad fact of keeping animals

Reactions: 11
Not sure I've seen Charlie Avent mentioned here before, I didn't realise until recently how many people he (she?) upset!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.