Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Transparency

Chatty Member
I’m wondering how it took 11 years? Like one year is a long time, never mind 11. I understand she might have been traumatized but it just seems like a very long time before coming forward
I was abused 35 years ago, I still haven’t found the strength to speak out . How dare you victim blame & how dare you assume a year is an acceptable time frame to speak up. Idiot

At the end of the day there is no proof that this happened. There is no DNA evidence or CCTV as far as I know. It is absolutely her word against his (although he has not said anything). I know other women have also come out but again there is no proof. He could deny it if it didn't happen and it would be a case of who people believe. I know a lot of people in Ireland seem to really dislike him though and no one has come out to defend him. I think RTE and all connected are just hoping things will blow over and he can quietly dissappear without them having to address it. Maybe they will arrange another party to deflect headlines from Eoghan
They can check a lot of what’s been claimed , it has been claimed he picked her up from school, others might have seen this, he took her to a bar, he may have paid on a CC, they clocking in and out of the radio station, texts, voice notes etc there are many ways in which someone’s story can be confirmed

• Heart
Reactions: 52

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I’m useless I can’t think of anyone! I’m reading it to my fella and he said “it’s hardly Joe Duffy is it” 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 51

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Lads I think the conversation get diluted and the serious points get lost when the topic moves from something as serious as rape to “he tried it on with my friend’s sister ten years ago in Cork”. It’s not illegal for someone to hit on someone once they’re of age. Some of the posts here are truly heartbreaking and then some, while possibly creepy, are kind of irrelevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I was abused 35 years ago, I still haven’t found the strength to speak out . How dare you victim blame & how dare you assume a year is an acceptable time frame to speak up. Idiot
I'm so sorry this happened to you. It happened to me over 15 years ago too when I was a very young teenager. I only realised the severity of what happened years later when I was watching a tv show about grooming. I was a baby. My abuser was in his late 20's, he manipulated and coerced me into doing things I was in no way ready for. I won't ever speak out about what happened to me because I don't want to hurt my family. I don't want people to wonder what took me so long. I don't want anyone to doubt my story. So I'll keep it to myself and loudly cheer on those who are braver than me.

Edited to add I still haven't fully processed what happened. People have no idea what sexual assault does to a person. It's much more complicated than people who haven't experienced it imagine.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

shins

Im sorry this is too much with this young man killing hoimself last week. And yes i will say I do know eoghans family and the situation or some of the situation anyway and maybe this is not mine to share but the amount of devestation is so much with this news of this man killing himself over an allegation. yes this girl is allowed to make a proper complaint if she wants and let Garda do the work to but this is why social media is dangerous because it is not a court just people saying many things with no favts only what other people say. I don’t know everything but it is a big big mess like I said and I have spent this some time last week and today again reading a lot of this thread that is why i had to write and there are very sad stories and brave stories and some very nasty comments too with many wrong facts from what I know. The account or the tweets anyway were deleted because this girl behind the twitter admitted her lawers and eoghan lawers she lied about her age and was older than she said at this time she talk about. That is to say she said she was underage when she was notand and shared with the whole country a serious crime maybe the most serious crime that is not true. And now anyone who shared her post could now get sued because of that which is hundreds of people from what im told but she will have no responsability for them getting sued if that is what happens because you are supposed to check your own facts on social media. Another mess is she. Admitted again to lawers she shared another rape allegation from a troll account that i see mentioned above just only now totally fake that got reshared fromn her twitter and on here too on tatle life earlier on a scrrenshot on this thread I saw this morning. That troll posted many allegations about many people oin the public eye both men and women too of course I won't name names but they are still there on that account i believe all very nasty and fake so anyone who shared that post from her account when she reposted could now get sued aswell/ A lot of legal trouble she's made for a lot of people. the girl said she never never spoke with eoghan after there last meeting but I'm told there are many msgs that they kept in touch for a long time afyer all this and all the msgs friendly and normal msgs. I know eoghans dad who is just a very lovely kind man and she said in her twitter she wouldn’t go to the Garda because he was a Garda and was corrupt and would make trouble for her. He is just a teacher all of his life and so upset at all this and this accusation. I don’t know if that’s defamation on him but the family are crushed and worried eoghan might hurt himself or worse too like this man did last week. Another problem made by the post she said eoghan said he was friends with niall horan the singer and talked about him like bragging and showing off to her because he is famous which got him (niall included in many tweets and his name involved on social media except they (eoghan and niall) had never met at all at that stage and there is proof of that aswell so now niall horan has had his name pulled in and mentioned on social media. Maybe that is anothe rlegal problem for her i don;t know. So that is why none of reported in the papers because if they had printed what she wrote they would all be in big legal trouble like many of the people on twitter are and that is why tweets gone. Social media is a disaster. I remember does everyone that Mary harney the minister got nealy half a million euros because a paper or radio said she was an alcoholic. Maybe the lawers will make lots of money but everybody else on both sides will lose. The lawers eoghans side offered mediation to all sit down because eoghan thinks it was consensual and now of courdse she say s she doesn't think it was. So they opfferee and she has said no. So she hasnt make a complaint maybe she doesn't want to or maybe she is scared now how big it has gotten and admitted many details not true she won’t meet and try to mediation just hoping to delete tweets and go away but so many lives ruined? If it was my son i don’t know what I would do. Of course you'd hope to sort out but it si in limbo. And of course maybe her experience was not good either and that is sad but maybe he thought one thing and she thought another thing and the fact she now admotted many parts not true to lawers makes it hard for anyone to come to the tqble in peace. Nobody is a winner it’s all very sad. I hope maybe they will talk and be able to sort it out before something terrible happens like last week. Sorry for the long post I just read a lot of the posts here again this morning and many of them made me very sad from brave women and many made me sad because I know some of the truth and the family and they are suffering and trying to sort out and help their son. I am prayinh we dont have another headline like todays again soon. God bless this girl and eoghan and the families.

LOL a BOT could have written a better spiel. You’re full of shit and clearly came here to write that in an attempt to bully/ scare the victim.

• Heart

Freddie101

I also wonder if he himself is legally allowed to speak about it. Even just defending the accusations.

The girl could have used an alias and therefore is still anonymous. She would have to legally waive anonymity but I’m pretty sure that can only happen at the time of trial if there is one.
Plus there are laws regarding minors which obviously need to be upheld.

I just don’t think it’s as clear cut as “why is he not defending it” or “why is nobody speaking about it”

Before anyone comes for me & I have to defend my thoughts. I have never written anything on this site that could identify me but for this thread I will.

I’m speaking as a CSA survivor who is in the court process. It takes a LONG time.
The current delays are generally approx 3-5 years from the time the person is charged until it’s actually heard in court.

Why? Because there are so many historical sex abuse cases being reported in the last few years. There is a backlog 💔

So, people speaking out about abuse & wanting to help others works.
It worked for me.

I AM A SURVIVOR
Sending love to every other survivor on here too ❤

• Heart
Ok yes it’s my fault. Have a nice day
I'm not going to resort to name calling but it is attitudes like this that prevent victims from speaking out. It's not your fault, it's conditioning by society, but you can choose to address the way you automatically think about, by asking yourself why the default is to question the victim when so many women are assaulted and so few predators actually have their lives ruined. Michael Jackson was about to begin the biggest tour of his life before he died in spite of the allegations made against him. Harvey weinstein got away with his abuse for decades because his power silenced his victims. Donald Trump became president of the USA regardless of the number of allegations against him, regardless of his association with Jeffrey Epstein and his victims. And even with all this knowledge you still say things like "But what about the women who lie and ruin men's lives?! We need more proof!!" It's so sad that we still require so much of the victims. Truly heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
Just going back to the story posted on Reddit by alleged victim. Firstly what direction did she think the friendship was going? Meeting in bars and going for food and drinks? People have a few drinks they get giddy and stupid and loose inhibitions. That's the norm. How many of us have had fumbles and gropes and it's all part of the bumpy ride. To publicly put that stuff out there is hugely damaging. Why did she hook up again with him after the incident in Spin headquarters. No matter what she has destroyed him. Not saying he's without blame but she has to now shoulder the responsibility of what's shes done. I personally couldn't live with it.
Have you read the whole thread? Your comments are disgusting.

Reactions: 46

Lolilolz

It was all completely false hence why he’s going after Twitter in the high court. Just a fame hungry little clout chaser looking 10 seconds of fame. It’s a joke.
STOP RIGHT NOW , BLAST FROM THE PAST! I remember you on Eoghans thread, you’re either his sister or him, I must find the screenshots in my group chat 😂 Just because she admitted she wasn’t underage doesn’t mean he didn’t assault her, he’s still a pig and the other stories from other girls on that thread must be all clout chasing looking for fame from a degenerate tv presenter too 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 45
At the end of the day there is no proof that this happened. There is no DNA evidence or CCTV as far as I know. It is absolutely her word against his (although he has not said anything). I know other women have also come out but again there is no proof. He could deny it if it didn't happen and it would be a case of who people believe. I know a lot of people in Ireland seem to really dislike him though and no one has come out to defend him. I think RTE and all connected are just hoping things will blow over and he can quietly dissappear without them having to address it. Maybe they will arrange another party to deflect headlines from Eoghan
Even with DNA evidence it's still her word against his. That's why these crimes are so hard to prove. One will say it was consensual and one will say it wasn't. It's very difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that wasn't consensual. And the predators get away it time and time again. However a 16 year old cannot consent to sex. The % of women who make false allegations is miniscule in comparison to the % of women who have been sexually assaulted, and almost none result in a conviction. You have to ask yourself why this is? We have to stigmatise sexual assault more than we stigmatise speaking out about it. We have to do better for our girls. We have to require more of men. We have to stop doubting victims. There is absolutely nothing to gain by making false allegations, the fact that in sexual assault trials the victim becomes the person on trial, where every detail of what she was wearing, what she drank, why she was alone is scrutinised and vilified, it's so wrong and it has to be changed. If outing predators publicly is the catalyst for change then so be it. Change does not come from staying silent and allowing the courts look after it. That's what has been happening for years and the current statistics are the result. Not good enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Lico

Chatty Member
I so hope That's why there is silence in the media about it so his victim/s have some hope of getting justice.

Are you really shocked though? Sadly, I'm not at all shocked to see so many stories of experiences from so many. As I said in an earlier post here I don't know any woman who hasn't experienced sexual harassment or assault in some way.
I used to have big boobs, and was forever getting comments and unwanted attention from men. I hate being noticed, and used to go round with baggy tops on. I used to have to avoid one particular fella at work who always commented on me. So one day, I had enough and told him to shut up or I would report him to hr. It shut him up.
But I ended up having a breast reduction because I hated them so much. Now I'm covered in scars, and I miss them. They suited my frame. But I put myself through a major operation because of pricks who think they have a right to comment on my body.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

MollyMalone

VIP Member
Anyone else see this tweet , shows clips someone put together of Eoghan being a complete perv

oh god. what a crawler. This kind of things triggers me so much.... I have large boobs on a relatively small frame and the amount of casual sexual assault i've experienced is frightening. from crude comments and questions to staring to groping and touching. It left me hating my boobs and my body for such a long time. I don't know any woman who hasn't had similar things done to them so I learned it's nothing to do with me or my boobs or my body - those men are just predators. They will do it no matter what.

• Sad
  • Sick

brandambassador

VIP Member
Just to say, on international women’s day, for all women who’ve shared their story here & those who don’t feel ready yet- we believe you & this is a safe space to talk, just read or just not feel alone. Eoghan McDermott is one thing but for those who only opened up on this platform this week after years of silence - I hope it helped you somewhat x ❤

• Heart

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
Have you made a compliant to GSOC about the Local Sargeant who firstly lied and then dealt with yourself in a very unprofessional manner?
I don't think that is your business to be honest. Nobody here who is a victim needs to answer these types of questions.

• Heart

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
He grabbed my ass 3 years ago at a house party. I roared at him. Told me I was over reacting. He's done this to so so many women.

He's an absolute tool and everyone has known this for years.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 42

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
I’m wondering how it took 11 years? Like one year is a long time, never mind 11. I understand she might have been traumatized but it just seems like a very long time before coming forward
It took my husband 30 years before he told anyone. The mind can lock trauma away as a coping mechanism.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

rebremm99

Chatty Member
I’ve literally composed and erased a comment about something that happened me about 10 times since I saw this thread but I’m scared of giving away my identity. But I had a sinister experience with an Irish musician a few years ago and still feel really uncomfortable about it today. I really don’t want to give details because I’m scared anyone reading who knows this who knows me will know that this is my account. Sorry if this to come across like I’m baiting or anything, I just wanted to say that these creeps are obviously common enough in the Irish entertainment industry.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

panpan1

Anyone else see this tweet , shows clips someone put together of Eoghan being a complete perv

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

Whateverrr

I was raped 22 years ago by someone I was seeing. I’ve never told anyone, other than this which is still anonymous, and I probably never will. I don’t know whether it’s because of this but I always always believe the woman/man that they were attacked. I believe that the vast majority of people who make these accusations are telling the truth and I see that the courts system let them down.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Dearreader

VIP Member
Genuinely sickens me to read whataboutisms on this thread.

Look no further than this thread right now, It gives a massive insight into how the system fails women time and time again.
Or how fucked the system was to begin with- Women reporting their crimes and were told not to "rock the boat" or chalking up inapprioate touching as "ah that's just jimmy" Do you think that's a rock solid system and a safe space for a woman to come forward??

For those of you writing here who never took the time to sit and listen or try to understand trauma and other complexities that come with sexual abuse and continue to question victims.

- shame
- who will believe me
- threats/fear
- dissociation
- self blame
- Perpetrator is in a position of power

Can't believe there are actually people out there asking why a child didn't speak up against a man. A child.

• Heart
Reactions: 38