Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A follow on from the chat building in the Garrihy thread

Hes left his breakfast show with Doireann under suapicious circumstances,'unplanned annual leave' and then gone with no fanfare or goodbye. Lots of reddit twitter threads detailing allegations made against him

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I just read the girls side of the story from a twitter link. She gives a lot of detail (where he was living, tattoos) etc and seems like they were in some sort of relationship at the time. I had thought it was a random indicent in a bar or something

Reactions: 10
What happened didn’t know he left, I cant stand him couldn’t bare to listen him especially not first thing in the morning same goes for Doireann :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
What happened didn’t know he left, I cant stand him couldn’t bare to listen him especially not first thing in the morning same goes for Doireann :rolleyes:
He has been accused of sexual assault on one woman and she claims there are many more victims. Lots of info on twitter

• Wow
Reactions: 9
He has been accused of sexual assault on one woman and she claims there are many more victims. Lots of info on twitter
Thank you :) Is this only recently? Doesn’t he have a partner? I could never stand him so full of himself and the male version of a complete dose. No way he’d have left what I’d imagine was a very high paying job at 2fm, as someone called him in a comments section “the king of the snowflakes”:ROFLMAO: suits him perfectly.

Reactions: 10
Never was a fan of him when I was back home and heard him on radio think it was drive time at that stage.
He's a pain in the arse to listen to up his own hole type person. Wasn't he "leaving" the breakfast show a while back too

Reactions: 6
Thank you :) Is this only recently? Doesn’t he have a partner? I could never stand him so full of himself and the male version of a complete dose. No way he’d have left what I’d imagine was a very high paying job at 2fm, as someone called him in a comments section “the king of the snowflakes”:ROFLMAO: suits him perfectly.
Yes partner is a doctor. The claims I read are from 10 years ago. He was 28 and the girl was 16 😳

Never was a fan of him when I was back home and heard him on radio think it was drive time at that stage.
He's a pain in the arse to listen to up his own hole type person. Wasn't he "leaving" the breakfast show a while back too
He was so into feminism etc. If the claims are true, do you think he forgot what had happened /didn't realise it was abuse/ didn't think it would ever come out?

His sister Roe Mc Derrmott is a massive feminist too.
Bet Doireann is secretly delighted 😳

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Yes partner is a doctor. The claims I read are from 10 years ago. He was 26 and the girl was 16 😳

He was so into feminism etc. If the claims are true, do you think he forgot what had happened /didn't realise it was abuse/ didn't think it would ever come out?

His sister Roe Mc Derrmott is a massive feminist too.
Bet Doireann is secretly delighted 😳
I’m currently in the middle of reading that girls or should I women’s story about what happened to her. He was 28 not 26 and she was 16. Someone posted a link for it in the comments section on Joe.ie if anyone wants to read it.

Reactions: 7
I’m currently in the middle of reading that girls or should I women’s story about what happened to her. He was 28 not 26 and she was 16. Someone posted a link for it in the comments section on Joe.ie if anyone wants to read it.
My mistake, changed the age in my original post 😊

Reactions: 2
I've been wondering the same - like did he genuinely not equate what he (allegedly) had done with the likes of Harvey Weinstein, who he specifically spoke out about?

In the Joe.ie comments, there's a screenshot of posts from a girl on Twitter saying that he assaulted her when she was 18, and that there are 4 of them together now. Posted under her own name.

There seems to be another girl on twitter accusing him now, she was 18 when it happened to her.

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 14.04.34.png

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Interesting to see this development! I don’t listen to their awful show, they are both a massive pain in the hoop to listen to especially at that hour of the morning.

I’m glad to see the girl that posted on Reddit has come out and spoken about it. There was so much detail in the Reddit piece. As I said on the Garrihy thread, I could totally understand why she didn’t go to the Gardai at the time.

Reactions: 17
It's just crazy! And for them all to just not mention it on air, talk about the elephant in the room. Love to be a fly in the wall in the Rte canteen
If he did do it though, I presume the girl is going down the public shaming route rather than going to court? I don't know much about the legal system but surely all this talk online would prevent him from having a fair trial?

Reactions: 14
It’s confusing? Obviously it’s affected his job role anyway

Maybe she tried the legal route previously ?
I definitely heard something about this last year at some point somewhere

I must try to find more on Twitter

Reactions: 8
Never ever liked him, not surprised that all this is coming out. You can learn more about the allegations by googling his name and reddit. Posts have been deleted but records of them can be found on the way back machine website by copying and pasting the reddit url.

Reactions: 7
I can't get to the link on Joe.ie? I keep scrolling to get to comments and it's just thumbnails for more of their articles. Could you please post the link? Thank you!

Reactions: 3
Yea just over on Twitter lots there too

Girl is using pseudonym for her Twitter and says it was 10 years ago
It happened in the Spin and 98 fm studio buildings
She says Irish and uk guards are involved
And other victims
I see one other girl on Twitter too accusing

This is crazy

Is he gone to Australia?

Girlfriend is a GP in Dublin

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.