Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just going back to the story posted on Reddit by alleged victim. Firstly what direction did she think the friendship was going? Meeting in bars and going for food and drinks? People have a few drinks they get giddy and stupid and loose inhibitions. That's the norm. How many of us have had fumbles and gropes and it's all part of the bumpy ride. To publicly put that stuff out there is hugely damaging. Why did she hook up again with him after the incident in Spin headquarters. No matter what she has destroyed him. Not saying he's without blame but she has to now shoulder the responsibility of what's shes done. I personally couldn't live with it.
She was literally 16... your judgment is absolutely gross tbh

Reactions: 16
Hopefully not, just the “[dj] goes by a nickname now“ made me think of that. Although another poster mentioned that the DJ in question is on the same station, but different time slot, which would exclude 🍓⏰
At the time he wasn't on the time slot he is now.

Reactions: 1
Re the American fella, years ago I worked in kilkenny and he was down one year to do the cat laughs and he got with a girl who I worked with and she was definitely no more than 19 at the time, this was about 10 years ago so he would have been 35 at the time...

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Re the American fella, years ago I worked in kilkenny and he was down one year to do the cat laughs and he got with a girl who I worked with and she was definitely no more than 19 at the time, this was about 10 years ago so he would have been 35 at the time...

I'm not quite sure what you're insinuating here? I've worked in hospitality and have shamefully fucked some of the losers that have been mentioned in this thread, but I was fully aware of what I was doing at the time. 19 y/o me definitely went off with lads x2 x3 my age back then and I knew what I was doing.

Reactions: 23
This is my first time ever posting, also because this is anonymous I feel this is a kind of safe way to say this,maybe not I’m not sure.
Grooming is way too normalised in the Irish “celeb” circle. It’s only until this whole Eoghan McDermott abuse came out that I realised how horrificly and disgustingly I had been groomed by a known Irish athlete.
When you’re 16/17 and a “celeb” that’s much older than you gives you attention you feel good about yourself, you feel somewhat cool. But the more I think back on it the more physically sick I feel.
On my 18th birthday,this athlete sent me a disgusting message along the lines of when she’s finally legal so you can....(I will let you all fill in what was said). He told me that he’ll bring me to all these nice places(when I was underage) I don’t even want to say what else happened that I’m sure would disgust everyone.
I have been wondering, thinking and feeling disgusted in myself- because this is what happens when you are groomed as a teenager.
I hope one day, there is some sort of petition or something that girls come forward that have been groomed by “influential/celebs” that they can have their voice heard and this whole culture of men who have some sort of power thinking this is ok to stop.
I believe and I stand with each and every one of you who have been through similar.
I will probably end up deleting this post but I felt like I had to share.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I'm not quite sure what you're insinuating here? I've worked in hospitality and have shamefully fucked some of the losers that have been mentioned in this thread, but I was fully aware of what I was doing at the time. 19 y/o me definitely went off with lads x2 x3 my age back then and I knew what I was doing.
Cause a 35 year old lad shouldn't be riding a teenager ? Yes it's legal but men like this are creeps and predators. Nothing else. Not the teens fault. I also think I've slept with someone mentioned.

Reactions: 21
Im shocked!!
Cause a 35 year old lad shouldn't be riding a teenager ? Yes it's legal but men like this are creeps and predators. Nothing else. Not the teens fault. I also think I've slept with someone mentioned.
These predatory men are wrong!! I hate them... karma will be served and I cannot wait. They are ALWAYS taking advantage

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Lads I think the conversation get diluted and the serious points get lost when the topic moves from something as serious as rape to “he tried it on with my friend’s sister ten years ago in Cork”. It’s not illegal for someone to hit on someone once they’re of age. Some of the posts here are truly heartbreaking and then some, while possibly creepy, are kind of irrelevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Lads I think the conversation get diluted and the serious points get lost when the topic moves from something as serious as rape to “he tried it on with my friend’s sister ten years ago in Cork”. It’s not illegal for someone to hit on someone once they’re of age. Some of the posts here are truly heartbreaking and then some, while possibly creepy, are kind of irrelevant.
I was replying to that one up there cause it should be agreed men like that are predators. And as someone who's ass was smacked by Eoghan Im reading this too often. Night lads

Reactions: 3
Why can’t I crack this morse code 🤣

Strawberry Alarm Clock FM104

A friend's sister was 17 and was seeing the manager at a well known club on George's Street (about 20 years ago) and he was 37 and he said "the older I get the younger my girlfriends get" he was an asshole. I genuinely would have ripped his throat out if it was my sister and so would my father!!!! This guy was really creepy!!!!

Eoghan McDermott worked in my local Spar (seriously) many many years ago and he was an absolute dote, so friendly and polite.....he sure knew how to hide his abhorrent behaviour well, what a head he is! And the other Spar Man Comedian is a friend of a friend and she'd ate ya for breakfast if you were an asshole......I'd say she's gutted

Me ma was right to tell me as a youngster to "never trust anyone"! I'm so cynical of people and never take them at face value....sad but true

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Ye he sent me pics too! I think the guy is still on the same radio show too. (Same channel different time slot!) that’s crazy, although I would have been more suprised if it was a once off!

Can anyone tell us who this radio guy is? I'm intrigued.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.