Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If he was a random neighbour she wouldn’t have the “public jury” that she has now through Twitter, tattle etc. All I’m saying is that if she followed the system they would both get space to put their version of what happened forward and if he is then found guilty there will be consequences that will follow his name and passport forever.
It’s a tough road and to peruse but the outcome could give her claim longevity rather then being a storm on social media. Everyone retweeting and sharing her story will move on with their own day to day stuff.
She wrote on Reddit how she did bring it to the attention of the gardai and was advised not to pursue it. Therefore following the system got her nothing.
If anything, I think you should focus on why we have such a broken legal system for women in cases such as these, that even the gardai tell the few brave souls who do report not to bother. Rather than admonish her for choosing a "public jury" as you refer to it. Read the stories of the other women who posted here describing similar situations. This is why people opt to go to the civil action route.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
hes trending on twitter and judging by the posts from the victim alliance group on there , theres a few victims after coming forward.
I know, i know, innocent until proven guilty but wonder what is his plan, make a " ive changed and im sorry " statement or deny it all completely. bleeping RTE and 2FM i mean piss or get off the pot, they should at least acknowledge this as its now trending on twitter and facebook. when it was conor mcgregor the "unnamed irish sports star" we got the story, stop protecting your own.
Rte has been doing this for the past year. We very much get only the news they think we should hear

I cannot STAND how often they say each others names. They would be grand otherwise, its daft inane stuff they broadcast but good god, the names. Maybe I need to be reminded because I'm losing brain cells listening to them that their names are Chris & Ciara.
I don’t know why but they irritate the tit out of me

Reactions: 7
Rte has been doing this for the past year. We very much get only the news they think we should hear

I don’t know why but they irritate the tit out of me
Chris in particular is unbearable! He constantly ROARS over Ciara, I barely know what her voice sounds like. He actually puts me in bad mood and I’m bloody delighted my first post is to give out about him 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
If it's an active investigation, the papers will not be able to report on it or the nature of his departure from RTE. RTE are being really careful here for the same reason, and it's why Eoghan's fallen completely silent on social media and all of this family's profiles are now private. I used to be a journalist and this is quite a common thing to happen in media, you'll know a lot of messed up things about a lot of celebrities / politicians and be unable to report for legal reasons.

Reactions: 14
Chris in particular is unbearable! He constantly ROARS over Ciara, I barely know what her voice sounds like. He actually puts me in bad mood and I’m bloody delighted my first post is to give out about him 🤣
Congratulations 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If it's an active investigation, the papers will not be able to report on it or the nature of his departure from RTE. RTE are being really careful here for the same reason, and it's why Eoghan's fallen completely silent on social media and all of this family's profiles are now private. I used to be a journalist and this is quite a common thing to happen in media, you'll know a lot of messed up things about a lot of celebrities / politicians and be unable to report for legal reasons.
Would they not be able to report that a broadcaster was under investigation etc., similar to when scumbag McGregor was being questioned? I genuinely have no idea how this works.

Reactions: 7
Would they not be able to report that a broadcaster was under investigation etc., similar to when scumbag McGregor was being questioned? I genuinely have no idea how this works.
Given the nature of this allegation, they may as well hand him a gun than report something like that. Don't forget he's an RTE employee and they have a duty of care to him and so far this is conjecture on social media and a legal nightmare for everyone involved. The advice will have been to pull him off the air immediately and let legal process take place.

Reactions: 13
Given the nature of this allegation, they may as well hand him a gun than report something like that. Don't forget he's an RTE employee and they have a duty of care to him and so far this is conjecture on social media and a legal nightmare for everyone involved. The advice will have been to pull him off the air immediately and let legal process take place.
I doubt he's an RTE employee. Most of those presenters are freelancers.

Reactions: 3
He’s not an RTE employee he’s a contractor same as Doireann and Jennifer Z and everyone else on air

Reactions: 3
Not about Eoghan McDermott but years ago when I was a teenager I text in to a radio show. I’m pretty sure I said the DJ in question was cute or similar. He ended up texting me off his own phone later that day and sending in appropriate messages. At the time I thought it was great getting attention from this radio DJ and didn’t see the problem. ( I was about 15 at the time). The texts got too much even for stupid teenage me and i stopped replying. That Radio DJ is still on air today and I keep checking to see if anyone has said anything about him. I won’t name him as I don’t have proof. I’m just wondering now is this common in Radio DJ culture.
That is quite something and judging what another poster said is much more common than any of us might think. I know you don’t want to name him, would you be comfortable giving his rough age profile / radio station?

Reactions: 6
Yeah I’d be interested to know if he is on national radio or local. If it’s national I think I could hazard a guess as to who it is. I’ve heard a few things..

No disrespect to anyone in the industry but I do think to be able to talk tit basically to yourself as you’re primarily on your own for hours on the trot, there has to be an element of ego involved. It’s not an insecure person’s job, that’s for sure. And with that comes the need for attention and adulation. That’s where it can all go wrong for some

Reactions: 8
I read that maybe that random attack he got years ago wasn't so random after all...
I was telling my OH about the allegations last night and the first thing he said was I wonder was that why he got clobbered a few years ago.

Reactions: 11
What does that even mean? Stay focused on the issue? Is he defending RTE?
I think he's trying to be clever and say 'people like Eoghan' would have groomed everyone around them to be able to get away with it.. Whether he’s right or wrong 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Doesn’t matter if he’s under contract, he’s been the face / voice of a flagship show for 6+ years so he has employee rights and RTE duty of care and will be in a position to sue if they report false information that destroys his ability to work again. Same goes for papers and other media. You don’t touch this stuff until you have all the information. Conor McG rumour was circling for months before the papers touched it and it would’ve been known long before they could report anything

I think he's trying to be clever and say 'people like Eoghan' would have groomed everyone around them to be able to get away with it.. Whether he’s right or wrong 🤷‍♀️
I can’t believe he’s even referred to it. I haven’t seen one other person even allude to it. Has anyone else??

Reactions: 2
I can’t believe he’s even referred to it. I haven’t seen one other person even allude to it. Has anyone else??
No, not a dicky bird. Just Jen and Lottie referencing "what we were talking about last night" on the show this morning

Reactions: 6
Anyone else see this tweet , shows clips someone put together of Eoghan being a complete perv

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.