Emmylou Loves #27 Buy my clothes and eat my cheese, line my pockets and catch my disease.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a long time horse rider it pained me to see ELs seat position, inappropriate footwear, and her hold on the reins would be dead set dangerous if that good natured pony hadnā€™t quietly plodded along. Itā€™s the most bizarre activity for someone to randomly do! Maybe sheā€™s doing a weird bucket list thing?
Right?! Iā€™ve ridden literally only a handful of times in my life but the first thing I noticed in her photo was how badly she seemed to be sitting on that horse. The poor creature

Reactions: 11
The thing I donā€™t get about her or her followers is the aspirational part. People follow Bec Judd and Rosalia Russian for the enviable parts of their life: being relatable is not what theyā€™re aiming for, and the people who follow them likely do so for a glimpse into a lifestyle they might not have or for high end inspiration they can then look to replicate at high street prices. That who vibe makes sense.

But not matter how much cash EL splashes around, I just canā€™t imagine anyone looking at her and going ā€œgosh I wish I had her life/home/wardrobe, Iā€™ll follow along for an insight into what I donā€™t have and appreciate the aesthetics of what she puts together.ā€ Like, NOBODY is following her for that. And itā€™s insane to me that sheā€™s not realised who her niche market is and to not alienate them with her try hard antics.

The other thing I canā€™t make sense of is the Bali or New York things. As youā€™ve all said, cost of living is rising, many people are likely looking to spend less on luxuries. For some a rise in living costs is not remotely an issue and theyā€™ll absolutely carry on living as they have been, and booking international holidays. Iā€™m in a very very fortunate position of not being particularly impacted with changes in week to week costs and am planning a trip to Europe at the moment, and know a number of families in a similar super fortunate circumstance. None of whom would want to go on a strange Bali experience staying with strangers in bunk beds and swearing all over the white outfits? Like the two demographics just donā€™t mix? It makes no sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Jesus bleeping christ all that food for breakfast only mere hours after indulging in a late night pasta fest.......I couldn't eat for the rest of the day if it were me and we are supposed to believe she is under 90kg's???? I feel HEAVY just looking at that plate
Itā€™s a HUGE serve of food on the back of a late night pasta party for one! That swelling sheā€™s been battling for six plus months must have a voracious appetite šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Picking up on a comment yesterday about IMG being removed from her Bio, I was going to speculate on why that might be ... but it's still there.

1655693763289.png

So, because it's still there then I'm curious as to what her relationship is with them. Maybe they act just as a liaison point for people interested in working with her, and charge her a management fee in that capacity?

She definitely doesn't have a social media manager ... if she did, her posts would be carefully curated.

It used to be that if you paid something like AU$10k, you could get a story in the Daily Mail for something you're selling (disguised as an advertisement); this was about eight years ago when someone I know enquired though, and no doubt that rate has gone up.

Examples of influencers who have an agent that buys them x number of articles per month in the Daily Mail are Jasmine Stefanovic and Phoebe Burgess (whose mentions can be as boring as the subject seen taking her bins out). Maybe Emmylou should sign up with these ladies' agent (Sharon Finnigan) to do the same?

Reactions: 8
The thing I donā€™t get about her or her followers is the aspirational part. People follow Bec Judd and Rosalia Russian for the enviable parts of their life: being relatable is not what theyā€™re aiming for, and the people who follow them likely do so for a glimpse into a lifestyle they might not have or for high end inspiration they can then look to replicate at high street prices. That who vibe makes sense.

But not matter how much cash EL splashes around, I just canā€™t imagine anyone looking at her and going ā€œgosh I wish I had her life/home/wardrobe, Iā€™ll follow along for an insight into what I donā€™t have and appreciate the aesthetics of what she puts together.ā€ Like, NOBODY is following her for that. And itā€™s insane to me that sheā€™s not realised who her niche market is and to not alienate them with her try hard antics.

The other thing I canā€™t make sense of is the Bali or New York things. As youā€™ve all said, cost of living is rising, many people are likely looking to spend less on luxuries. For some a rise in living costs is not remotely an issue and theyā€™ll absolutely carry on living as they have been, and booking international holidays. Iā€™m in a very very fortunate position of not being particularly impacted with changes in week to week costs and am planning a trip to Europe at the moment, and know a number of families in a similar super fortunate circumstance. None of whom would want to go on a strange Bali experience staying with strangers in bunk beds and swearing all over the white outfits? Like the two demographics just donā€™t mix? It makes no sense.
Itā€™s off topic I know but got any reccoā€™s of a good career track to get in to to be able to remain unaffected by these cost of living increases šŸ˜‚šŸ„“

Reactions: 8
Emmy Lou Roycroft must have worked up quite the appetite flopping all over that poor beast yesterday.... My husband couldn't get through this and he's good on the tooth .
I'd struggle to get through scrambled eggs on sour dough let alone a big breakfast.

What am I booking for myself?

what am I not booking? Letā€™s just look at this weekend gone.

hundreds of dollars of cheese and food that was always going to waste
tickets albeit free ones to your bin fire sale
Dinner out Saturday night
Mountains of fresh pasta from the market
Horse riding and spa day
Breakfast out Monday morning - ordering sides at probably $7 a pop!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I think Emmy's core followers find her non threatening. Bec, Nadia, Rosalia etc are completely out of their league. EL's followers see her filthy house, her shoddy front gates, her unkempt family, her toxic former relationship with ALove, her weight, her profanity and think oh! She's just like us! And even when Emmy desperately tries to claw her way out of her basic bogan lifestyle it's patently obvious that she never will. Whenever I see Emmy, I'm reminded of the saying "wealth whispers, money talks." Our screeching little banshee might have more cash to splash than many of her followers, yet she still lives in a rental with overflowing bins in the kitchen and weeds poking through the front fence. They celebrate her wanton spending because it justifies their own flimsy financial habits. Obviously, I'm drawing a huge stereotype here, but her most rabid fans are lower class types who live vicariously through her. So when she goes out and buys fresh pasta at $20/kg, they think yeah, duck it if Emmylou can get the fancy pasta I can get a pack of durries! She's right, bein' a mum is hard and I deserve a treat! They're as lonely and lost as she is, just not as cunning.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Itā€™s off topic I know but got any reccoā€™s of a good career track to get in to to be able to remain unaffected by these cost of living increases šŸ˜‚šŸ„“
Law in the pharmaceutical industry. Global pandemics and a rapidly aging, unhealthy population has made it maybe the one industry that's benefited from these last 3 tit show of years!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Not going to lie, her pasta looked delicious, as did that breakfast ... but to me, that looked like a meal for two! It would take me all day to get through that.

Reactions: 10
Law in the pharmaceutical industry. Global pandemics and a rapidly aging, unhealthy population has made it maybe the one industry that's benefited from these last 3 tit show of years!
Omg, again off-topic but I LOVE THIS ANSWER, wasnā€™t expecting it to include law!

Being serious re jobs - look at the renewable energy sector, lots of jobs and desperate for good people. From project management, sales, engineering and design, manufacturing, admin, management, infrastructure development. I could go onā€¦ā€¦

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Rubbish removal, gardening, cleaning ... are always in-demand jobs. And tutoring! You'd be surprised how much people will pay to get their kids up to speed.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I can feel my arteries harden just looking at those heavy meals. It makes me want to force feed her a herbal tea! Iā€™m in no way the picture of health but I can barely manage toast the morning after a pasta dinner. #emmyloulovescarbs

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.