Emmylou Loves #27 Buy my clothes and eat my cheese, line my pockets and catch my disease.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are absolutely right she has no idea about hard work, I find it offensive when she says she is busy.
She’s so out of touch with what an actual busy day is, it infuriating.
I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark and I live within 15 minutes of my workplace! My nails look like the warehouse rats have been chewing on them, my face was due for a wax about 8 weeks ago and I’m eating out of the freezer at the moment (mmmm mystery soup!) because I haven’t had time to do a decent shop for essentials let alone 36kg of cheese or fresh farken pasta!!
She’s a wanker.

Leah is basically Emmylou's Emotional Support Camera-person. It used to be ALove, but thankfully he dumped her ass. Suelyn used to occasionally fill in but it's really all down to Leah these days.

On SL, I always had the distinct impression that her fiance disliked EL. Total speculation here, but it seems that as their relationship has strengthened, he has given her the support to break away from her overbearing sister. Props to him.
Yes I agree Snarky re SL fiancé. Never looked comfortable with a phone shoved in his or his kids faces.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
You are absolutely right she has no idea about hard work, I find it offensive when she says she is busy.
I’m finding it like a bit of a trigger I think cos people who are actually so busy don’t have time for sitting around with meals that would feed a family of four. I’d love to have time to eat at a table not as I’m walking places. But also I think at least I know I have a real job and aren’t out ripping off my tribe.

I hear you @Super Cute just did a crazy fast essential shop cos we have been eating out of the leftovers section of the freezer for far too long now. Not cos I’m poor just time poor!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just catching up.

That breakfast looked huge and expensive. I'm not really a breakfast person and I don't like paying $30 just for eggs, mushrooms, spinach and an avocado.

Things are really tough for so many people. If I was EL I would be saving all this influencer money she's making as it won't last forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I would assume the big ones do they just don’t have them following them around filming them and actually do PA work
But unfortunately Lounatic has nothing but dogshit #collabs so all Loser Leah can do is follow her around.

I agree though, I feel she is her carer.

Reactions: 12
The thing I don’t get about her or her followers is the aspirational part. People follow Bec Judd and Rosalia Russian for the enviable parts of their life: being relatable is not what they’re aiming for, and the people who follow them likely do so for a glimpse into a lifestyle they might not have or for high end inspiration they can then look to replicate at high street prices. That who vibe makes sense.

But not matter how much cash EL splashes around, I just can’t imagine anyone looking at her and going “gosh I wish I had her life/home/wardrobe, I’ll follow along for an insight into what I don’t have and appreciate the aesthetics of what she puts together.” Like, NOBODY is following her for that. And it’s insane to me that she’s not realised who her niche market is and to not alienate them with her try hard antics.

The other thing I can’t make sense of is the Bali or New York things. As you’ve all said, cost of living is rising, many people are likely looking to spend less on luxuries. For some a rise in living costs is not remotely an issue and they’ll absolutely carry on living as they have been, and booking international holidays. I’m in a very very fortunate position of not being particularly impacted with changes in week to week costs and am planning a trip to Europe at the moment, and know a number of families in a similar super fortunate circumstance. None of whom would want to go on a strange Bali experience staying with strangers in bunk beds and swearing all over the white outfits? Like the two demographics just don’t mix? It makes no sense.
You are so right I follow a few just to see how the other half live.
I too am off soon with the family just a week in Singapore but I’m not tone deaf to other people neither are my friends. We all earn decent amounts and if we are feeling bill shock we know that others less fortunate are doing it much tougher. How does this cow not get that?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’d been wracking my brains trying to figure out what exactly the appeal of ELL’s overspending is/how it doesn’t serve to just entirely alienate her audience and I reckon Snarky has nailed it (as always!)- EL is an enabler of their own poor financial decisions and small self-indulgences.

Reactions: 14
I Can Not breathe!!!!!! Omfg!! This has to be included in next thread title 👍🏻👍🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
ha ha..well i wrote "shriek" as it was quite the horror show...but "shrek" is equally fitting as a little round goblin...

so "equestrian shrek" it is..

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’d been wracking my brains trying to figure out what exactly the appeal of ELL’s overspending is/how it doesn’t serve to just entirely alienate her audience and I reckon Snarky has nailed it (as always!)- EL is an enabler of their own poor financial decisions and small self-indulgences.
She's got just over 20 years left before she reaches retirement age and I doubt that super has ever crossed her mind.
Can you imagine this gross over-spender living off the pension?

For someone who came from humble beginnings and struggled financially most of her adult life, you would think she would have more of an idea of how important good fiscal management is.

Reactions: 17
Slightly off topic for the evening but, I got stuck on a deep dive on the #emmylouloves. From memory this was circa 2019. “It hit me. I’M REALLY DOING IT”… Doing what exactly? Because we’ve seen your work ethic and I can’t imagine it was any better back then either EL. I’ve got more work ethic in my pinky than you do in that entire body and rotund stomachView attachment 1354645
Oh is that what says working mother?! My bad. I thought it was the early morning wake ups to make sure everyone is ready, school drop offs, working straight through to school pick up, making sure kids have afternoon tea, do a bit of homework, ensure they’re somewhat supervised whilst I go back to work, make dinner, help with bed time routine, do more work if I’m behind, otherwise have a bit of quiet time in the couch with my husband.
If I’d known it was more like photo shoots, farting around on social media and spending all my money on myself, I’d have saved myself so much time 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
She's got just over 20 years left before she reaches retirement age and I doubt that super has ever crossed her mind.
Can you imagine this gross over-spender living off the pension?

For someone who came from humble beginnings and struggled financially most of her adult life, you would think she would have more of an idea of how important good fiscal management is.
Could youbimagine her in a retirement village thinking shecus an influencer on the other residents, "hey Dorry do yah wanna come over and have a cuppa yah have ta bringvya own cheezels". giggles snorts. "Yah no i told that nurse I could size down on tge hospital gown last week, i was in getting me fungal flaps looked at". Grabs crotch to show poor Dorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Could youbimagine her in a retirement village thinking shecus an influencer on the other residents, "hey Dorry do yah wanna come over and have a cuppa yah have ta bringvya own cheezels". giggles snorts. "Yah no i told that nurse I could size down on tge hospital gown last week, i was in getting me fungal flaps looked at". Grabs crotch to show poor Dorry.
Spruking adult diapers would be right up her alley after the period undies

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
"It's so nice not to be cold" Is this person a goldfish? She was in Bali about a week ago? And lashfridays? it is $60 a tube. She would flog cigarettes and guns if she was paid for it.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.