Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cutlass

Guys I just uploaded my first reel an hour and a half ago and I just got a notification that it has over 1k views... 😌 Im not saying I’m a celeb or anything now but ... basically, I’m about to quit my job, hit the gym, and stew some apples!

• Haha
Reactions: 34

bcfc999

Chatty Member
Emma's Rectangle #3 keep your nose out of my feels, make sure you watch my #ads and reels

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Tigger27

Thread suggestion: “Bought a Peloton bike for just one spin, everyone’s wondering what’s happened with Tim”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

ellas

Emma’s Rectangle #3 It's only your business if there's an AD, but none of your business why Emma is sad.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
The way she spoke about the breakup was very honest and respectful and completely understandable. I think it's a situation a lot of people can relate to.

The way she addressed her viewers, not so much. I absolutely agree that influencers don't owe their audience an explanation in instances like this and that it's up to them how much they share. However Emma said she watched last weeks vlog and knew it was obvious that something was wrong. It wouldn't have taken much to add 'please respect my privacy, I'd appreciate it if you could hold off asking any questions' or words to that effect. Instead she addressed that something had happened and that she would talk about it in future, which points out that something has happened to those who might not have realised and might prompt some younger viewers to ask questions. Literally saying 'it's none of your business' to the people who enable her to maintain this lifestyle is bold.

Reactions: 30

CAL27

On her stories tonight she’s talking about a company sending her an insane amount of food for free and maybe it’s just me but does that not sit well with anyone else?
So many people are living in poverty or have lost their jobs or struggling especially during this pandemic and companies are sending influencers free pasta and rice? It’s not even luxe food or treats it’s literally soup, cereal, pasta and everyday essentials, when she can more than comfortably afford to do her own food shop.
I just think if it were me I’d be looking to donate that to a food bank or people that are struggling to feed their kids; but to gift such a large amount of food to people that put makeup on and chat shit on their Instagram stories for a living and are already fairly well off financially, in a country who’s government basically refuse to feed hungry kids just makes me a little uncomfortable.
Sorry for a rant I was just thinking about how tasteless it is and would much rather the company send free food to people who need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
It just seems really ignorant to go on about how she's never worked so hard etc when her vlogs show her working day as including her workouts, a long walk, unpacking PR packages, sitting on the sofa talking about how she isn't feeling it, sacking off filming because the lighting is bad etc..... Having the freedom to fit work in around the rest of your life must be one of the many perks of the job but when you're filling your 'work day' with the things we all fit around our job then you can't really say you're working 'SO HARD GUYS OMG'. If she actually put the hours in and managed her time properly then, in the context of being an influencer, maybe that could be classed as 'working hard'.

If Tim can listen to Emma spouting this stuff while he works at home with her side eyeing him on insta stories and hearing her talking to herself pretending to be a teacher while he's in meetings then he's a better person than I am. Imagine being hard at work and you've got someone clomping around with their wheely suitcase or running in and out of the room in various pastel outfits talking about how busy they are.

She reminds me of the retired people in my life who act like life's getting a bit hectic if they have a doctors appointment and a trip to the supermarket on the same day 😶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
‘It’s none of your business’ & ‘I owe you nothing’ yeah okay fair enough. But without the people watching you wouldn’t be where you are, you chose to share you life. Don’t get all shitty when people ask about it. Honestly Emma 🙄

Reactions: 27

justbecasual

Her Instagram stories are just proof that she sees "working out" as part of her job. I get that one of the privileges of working from home and working for yourself is that you get to set your own schedule, but Emma goes to the gym in the middle of the day for a large portion of the day, and does virtually nothing else.

I think that this is what has ruined her brand as an approachable girl next door. She has become incredibly unrelatable because of the amount of time she dedicates to fitness.

Therefore when it comes to things like her house being a mess for example, those of us "normos" with real 9-5s who have to work out, maintain friendships and relationships, and still have time to clean think "what am I even watching here?!".

The sad thing is that those who admire her for her dedication to her fitness regime are not recognising the immense amount of privilege this girl has in being able to live a life that is totally self-absorbed.

Reactions: 26

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
Typical Emma, addressing some pretty rough stuff in a vlog (i.e. her breakup) but still manages to get it sponsored. 😂
this!! i think it was the 'i owe you lot nothing' straight after the 'you can buy the hairdryer using the link below thanks for the few grand T3 xx' that rubbed me up the wrong way. there are better ways to convey the same message of respecting people's privacy

Reactions: 26

londonmaeve

I think people should cut her some slack. If Tim had been missing for 1 month then I would understand but she literally said he left on Sunday, meaning it was her first week alone.

That is such a quick turnaround for telling her viewers, people messaging her the moment something goes wrong whilst it’s still so raw is insensitive at best, creepy at worst.

She said she will always tell her viewers what’s happening but I agree with Liz, why would she reply to your DM without addressing it publicly? 😂
There’s a difference between coming here speculating and harassing her in the comments/ in her DMs.

As a viewer I took no offence. If it doesn’t apply, let it fly. If you weren’t the ones messaging her “did you break up?” then her boundaries weren’t about you! If you were... then you need to learn some grace and decorum 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Lurker2867

Chatty Member
Omg the person that replied to her story saying ‘no more please’ about the teacher reels, I’m dead

• Haha
Reactions: 25

BeautyBabe1999

‘it’s none of your business’, well she made it the viewers business when she showed so much of their relationship online? He was in all her weekly vlogs for almost a year so of course people are going to ask about it? I find it so frustrating when influencers and youtubers says things like that because yes, other people don’t have a right to know about your life, but her job is showing people her life, something she’s actively and candidly done for years, so it’s something she did to herself if that makes sense. I don’t know, maybe I have the wrong take here!

Reactions: 24

Lurker2867

Chatty Member
Waste of money! Like I can’t get over how much money she spent and rarely used any of it!!
Honestly I used to really enjoy watching Emma but I feel like since joining Tattle I’ve really wisened up to influencers as a whole. I used to feel so shit about myself and my life because of their content but now I realise that they’re just lucky and incredibly privileged and most of their life (on social media) is a lie anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

The fact these people can spend stupids amount of money on something they get a few uses out of and just skip days of ‘work’ makes me so mad. They really don’t understand how lucky they are.

• Heart

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Where's @Tom_Nook at with the vlog/daily breakdown for those who don't wanna give Emma views?
I couldn't even bring myself to watch it 🤣

Summary from watching it on double speed:

Monday
A walk, where Emma identifies 'a donkey!' And doesn't show us, we just get the usual view of her own face
She shoots some photos for a brand of some neon eyeliner then takes the day off to chill

Tuesday
She's now mentioned the bank holiday 4/5 times and we're two minutes in, is she actually a bank?
She has a typical 'first day of her period day' which we can assume means that she did no work

Wednesday (I honestly can't tell if this was her new day off, or a normal work day)
Shows herself looking bloated.... she looks like a normal slim woman, I genuinely can't see what she's talking about
Goes for lunch and shopping with her friend
(Emma almost wears a normal jeans and a t shirt outfit, which looks lovely, but wears an ill fitting green jacket, blue turtle neck and pulled up white ankle socks instead)

Thursday
She's done some skincare and had a nice cup of tea
Emma tells us we are allowed weeks where we are a bit low and she feels so drained (she hasn't done anything?!)
Does some admin bits and replies to some emails, edits captions, edits some photos
She might have a nap then do a spin class and go to bed
Apparently lots of people like the vlogs because of how realistic they are (oh how I laughed!) She says people want to watch a normal life being lived (THIS IS NOT A NORMAL LIFE, THE REST OF US DO NOT LIVE LIKE THIS)
Emma and Tim make quesadillas

Friday
Emma goes to the gym then laminates her brows
She was going to film a favourites video but her dad and his girlfriend came round for a chat instead. Instead of using the rest of the day to film, they're visiting a friend

Saturday
Moisturises her eyebrows
Eats chilli

Sunday
Edits the vlog, but not until later in the day

WHAT A WEEK!

• Haha

LittleMissSassyPants

First time in here! Hello everyone! I'm so glad that it's not just me irritated by this girl. I started watching her what I eat in a day videos as I do watch a lot of them as I'm currently on a diet and I always get stuck in a rut eating the same stuff over and over. I don't think what I eat in a day videos are really that toxic as, it is up to the person watching to ensure that they are not triggering themselves by choosing to watch them, where I have a problem is talking about 600 workouts and showing yourself working out to the point of being obsessed in these videos as well. None of that should be mentioned within the what I eat in a day, it should be left to simply showing people what you eat and how you make it to give other people ideas. You shouldn't be attempting to give advice unless you're a professional.

I find her breakfasts just absolutely baffling. How can you consume that amount of food in the morning is absolutely beyond me. When I first started trying to watch her videos I thought it was just my age that was putting me off her (I'm closer to 30 than 20) as I think she's incredibly naive and comes across as very lazy and childish. Her house appears to be dirty and messy all the time and I wonder as well what her boyfriend thinks of her doing pretty much nothing constantly while he holds down a seemingly decent job. It's the constant complaining and saying she isn't able to upload on her normal day because of X Y Z that really gets me because it's never a decent reason. To me, it appears that she is simply working out during the time that she should be getting work done, which is why she never actually manages to get anything done. She works out way too much and I honestly can't believe the 600 workouts thing. How can you possibly think that is setting a good example? I've never had a PT but I was shocked that a professional is allowing that kind of thing to go on. the girl is obsessed with how she looks and weight loss but doesn't appear to really eat in a healthy manner at all really. I get she's trying to maintain and that can be the hardest thing of all but you'd think introducing some full fat options instead of all the low calorie alternatives she eats would be the better way to go.

She is obviously spoilt rotten by her dad too and has lived a ridiculously privileged life (excluding youtube earnings from the equation) which puts me right off her - I know you can't choose these things but I think it's the fact that she quite obviously has never actually had to work for anything at all is where it bothers me. I don't mind some of these influencers earning loads of money because they pump out decent content regularly and you can see the effort that goes into it, but with her, you don't get any of that. It feels like I could put out similar content if I wanted to while working a full time job?? When it's what someone does for a living you kind of expect that higher level and for deadlines to be hit,

Wow sorry that turned into an essay :oops:

• Heart

LittleMissSassyPants

She's lazy in all other aspects of her life, but I think it's clear that she does put a lot of work into her exercise (healthily done or not). The issue is that she completely ruins this for herself. The fact that she is seemingly so unmotivated in most areas of her life completely invalidates all the hard work she actually puts in with her exercise.

She can only exercise like she does because she basically does nothing else. What's inspirational about that? If you gave any able-bodied person unlimited time, a healthy bank account, and no other worries or responsibilities, they'd also be able to carry out the one thing they decide to obsess over to a high standard.

If she acknowledged her privilege, became self-aware, and did a healthy amount of work alongside her exercise it would actually make her content a lot more impressive and aspirational. I'd definitely be up for learning how to balance all of that.
I totally agree with the sentiment of this but I have to disagree somewhat. It's only her work that suffers for it, she doesn't let it get in the way of her social life or her beauty appointments, but never has time to do any work. I think the majority of us prioritise getting our work done first to then enable us to have time to fit all the fun stuff in but she seems to do it the other way around. It's the attitude around it all that bothers me, don't say you don't have time, you've got plenty of time, you'd just rather do other stuff and you've put it off. This whole bullshit around her being a perfectionist is ridiculous. A perfectionist wouldn't film in such a messy and dirty environment for youtube!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

SequinLover

"I need to get better at giving myself days off"

Laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair at that comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 23