Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘It’s none of your business’ & ‘I owe you nothing’ yeah okay fair enough. But without the people watching you wouldn’t be where you are, you chose to share you life. Don’t get all crappy when people ask about it. Honestly Emma 🙄

Reactions: 27
God I teared up watching Emma talk about her and Tim even though she wasn't crying at all 😂 It just reminded me of my own break up a while ago and we ended in a similar way (although we're now back together) and I just remember how lonely and sad I was all the time for months after - but at least in her case she's keeping a positive attitude about it and she's got good people around her so hopefully she'll be able to move on much easier than I did, but I commend her for how she spoke about it so positively. I've always had a soft spot for Emma so I'm just wishing her well.

Reactions: 3
I understand it must be hard to film this when it’s a new wound and there is blurred lines but when you open the door to sharing your life and your partner is a part of your life and they become part of your videos you do have to address it, obviously when you are ready but the concern wasn’t from a malicious place I don’t think from anyone in the comments or here just you could see the shift from her regular tone of vlog. I do hope she’s ok and finds her feet from this massive change in her life it is sad I can’t imagine it myself after being with my partner a similar time as her.

Reactions: 14
Mature way to speak about the break up, I agree. I saw it coming a mile off though. They were very mismatched.

Found it interesting that she spoke about how much she’s changed in the last two years (I.e. since weight loss) and how they grew apart - felt like she was putting that forward as a reason.

Reactions: 5
‘it’s none of your business’, well she made it the viewers business when she showed so much of their relationship online? He was in all her weekly vlogs for almost a year so of course people are going to ask about it? I find it so frustrating when influencers and youtubers says things like that because yes, other people don’t have a right to know about your life, but her job is showing people her life, something she’s actively and candidly done for years, so it’s something she did to herself if that makes sense. I don’t know, maybe I have the wrong take here!

Reactions: 24
Not much running happening for someone running a marathon in 3 and a bit months

• Haha
Reactions: 9
‘it’s none of your business’, well she made it the viewers business when she showed so much of their relationship online? He was in all her weekly vlogs for almost a year so of course people are going to ask about it? I find it so frustrating when influencers and youtubers says things like that because yes, other people don’t have a right to know about your life, but her job is showing people her life, something she’s actively and candidly done for years, so it’s something she did to herself if that makes sense. I don’t know, maybe I have the wrong take here!
Yes, and most importantly, made a lot of money out of sharing her relationship and life with her viewers.

I wouldn't have asked her about it personally, but I can understand why people do - and the "its none of your business" attitude can come off a little ungrateful. Your audience pays your bills, without them you are nothing.

Reactions: 18
The way she spoke about the breakup was very honest and respectful and completely understandable. I think it's a situation a lot of people can relate to.

The way she addressed her viewers, not so much. I absolutely agree that influencers don't owe their audience an explanation in instances like this and that it's up to them how much they share. However Emma said she watched last weeks vlog and knew it was obvious that something was wrong. It wouldn't have taken much to add 'please respect my privacy, I'd appreciate it if you could hold off asking any questions' or words to that effect. Instead she addressed that something had happened and that she would talk about it in future, which points out that something has happened to those who might not have realised and might prompt some younger viewers to ask questions. Literally saying 'it's none of your business' to the people who enable her to maintain this lifestyle is bold.

Reactions: 30
I think people should cut her some slack. If Tim had been missing for 1 month then I would understand but she literally said he left on Sunday, meaning it was her first week alone.

That is such a quick turnaround for telling her viewers, people messaging her the moment something goes wrong whilst it’s still so raw is insensitive at best, creepy at worst.

She said she will always tell her viewers what’s happening but I agree with Liz, why would she reply to your DM without addressing it publicly? 😂
There’s a difference between coming here speculating and harassing her in the comments/ in her DMs.

As a viewer I took no offence. If it doesn’t apply, let it fly. If you weren’t the ones messaging her “did you break up?” then her boundaries weren’t about you! If you were... then you need to learn some grace and decorum 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Emma does have a tendency to refer to this Tattle thread as DMs and comments. Like when a user here mentioned Botox and in her stories she referred to it as comments on her last post.

Wouldn't be surprised if the DMs she's referring to are just users speculating here.

Reactions: 10
Emma does have a tendency to refer to this Tattle thread as DMs and comments. Like when a user here mentioned Botox and in her stories she referred to it as comments on her last post.

Wouldn't be surprised if the DMs she's referring to are just users speculating here.
I think there’s definitely a difference. None of my friends watch Emma and I actually feel quite upset about their breakup. Coming here and talking about it is a lot more respectful than invading her space and DMing her. That’s just my opinion though I imagine she may disagree 😂

Reactions: 2

Tbf someone screenshotted the direct comments in her vlog or video and some of them were quite direct! So I would assume that’s what she’s meant but has seen them here as she’s terrible with user engagement on her channel

I think she seems to be handling/dealing with the whole situation well but I think it’s quite naive to believe they can still be good friends sadly. Always feels like a nice idea at the time but in reality sadly never goes to plan

Reactions: 4
Just watching the Vlog now.

It's never easy to break up with someone, especially when you've been together a while. It is true what she says you do grow up and change between the age of 18 and 24. People grow apart, it happens and to realise that things aren't working and amicably decide to call it quits is quite mature. I hope that over time they will be able to continue with their friendship although in my experience this is easier said than done. Only time will tell on that one.

In a way I think this could be good for Emma. To see her a bit more motivated and making plans this week was nice.

Reactions: 9
I do worry about her not eating! Hopefully she gets out of this and starts fuelling her body properly

In her latest instagram she is dancing somewhere and it looks like tim is there too, right?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.