Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i also think theres nothing you can say to change the kinda people who think its cool to directly message her asking her hugely sensitive stuff, so just a bit meh giving her thousands of viewers a telling off over the actions of a couple people... like as long as your job is putting your life online, people are going to remain interested in your life, and youre going to get one or two people who take that enthusiasm too far. so go cry about it in your surrey flat you've owned since 22, not to the people that paid for it 😂

Reactions: 17
Totally off topic but I'm actually soooo happy I've found this thread!
I discovered Emma about 4 years ago, when she was doing hauls in her dad's conservatory and was very happy to find someone who was roughly my age and my size. Her weightloss actually made me feel so bad about myself because I saw how quickly she lost the weight and how she seemed to go from a size 16 who never exercices to a size 10 who works out every day and loves it. I watched her "My weight loss journey" video and thought she did it in a fairly healthy manner and at the time, I had just started finding exercice classes that I actually enjoyed so I definitely resented myself for not losing the weight as quickly as she did despite also going to the gym 3/4 days a week. I thought I just didn't have her drive and it made me feel like a bit of a failure. I would never have known that she was on 1200 kcal a day if it wasn't for this thread!
Obviously, I'm not saying this to take away from her weightloss because she worked her butt off (if only to be able to cope on 1200 kcal!), but I'm glad I know how unachieveable and unstainable her training was.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Emma’s Rectangle #3 It's only your business if there's an AD, but none of your business why Emma is sad.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Emma's Rectangle #3 keep your nose out of my feels, make sure you watch my #ads and reels

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
It’s such a shame because I think Emma is gorgeous but what the are those brows and that cakey face
She doesn't need all that make up, and sorry but this brow trend is just weird eye brow hairs don't stick up naturally!

Reactions: 7
Also those teas have been on supermarket shelves for like 2 years, what kind of tea enthusiast is she? The self proclaimed "tea queen" hasn't even heard of them and is now making a big drama trying them on her stories. Who gives a duck.

I fully expect to be the only person on this thread complaining about this but it just annoyed me 😅

Reactions: 6
Emma's Rectangle #3 follow my insta for my #ads and reels and subscribe to my channel to see my
meals

Reactions: 1
New thread suggestion

Emma's Rectangle #3 Meals and Reels

(I did think Meals on Reels, but she generally keeps the Meals on YouTube so it doesn't quite fit....)

Thread suggestion:

Embarrassing reels and half-arsed brand deals

Reactions: 7
Totally off topic but I'm actually soooo happy I've found this thread!
I discovered Emma about 4 years ago, when she was doing hauls in her dad's conservatory and was very happy to find someone who was roughly my age and my size. Her weightloss actually made me feel so bad about myself because I saw how quickly she lost the weight and how she seemed to go from a size 16 who never exercices to a size 10 who works out every day and loves it. I watched her "My weight loss journey" video and thought she did it in a fairly healthy manner and at the time, I had just started finding exercice classes that I actually enjoyed so I definitely resented myself for not losing the weight as quickly as she did despite also going to the gym 3/4 days a week. I thought I just didn't have her drive and it made me feel like a bit of a failure. I would never have known that she was on 1200 kcal a day if it wasn't for this thread!
Obviously, I'm not saying this to take away from her weightloss because she worked her butt off (if only to be able to cope on 1200 kcal!), but I'm glad I know how unachieveable and unstainable her training was.
Need to put it out there surviving on less that your body needs to function and stay alive isn’t working her butt off, it’s starvation.
Feel proud of yourself you did it a much healthier way, and it’s so good you didn’t fall into the trap a lot get into of literally starving yourself

Reactions: 14
It actually makes me really angry that her weight loss journey video is still up and yet she hasn't addressed the period of the 1200 daily intake

Reactions: 2
It actually makes me really angry that her weight loss journey video is still up and yet she hasn't addressed the period of the 1200 daily intake
Same... Like _Laura above I felt sooooo tit about myself when I saw how "easy" it was for her and I'm not cool with her just leaving it up. Incidentally if anyone has any tips on healthy ways to increase your exercise and nutrient intake and actually stick to it, I'm all ears 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What also gets me is when fitness coaches like Emma’s current one get huge praise. When you look on their page (coachedbyglj) it’s obv a sea of transformation photos. When you look at what most of their clients actually do though, it’s no wonder their transformation is quick: at least 10k steps a day and 4-5 gym sessions. Oh to have the time to dedicate 😂

Reactions: 5
Same... Like _Laura above I felt sooooo tit about myself when I saw how "easy" it was for her and I'm not cool with her just leaving it up. Incidentally if anyone has any tips on healthy ways to increase your exercise and nutrient intake and actually stick to it, I'm all ears 😂
Personally I really enjoy classes at the gym, so if you’re able to, maybe join a gym that offers a lot of different classes and find one that you enjoy (my gym offers Les Mills, HIIT, spin etc) - they’re usually offered throughout the day and early morning/evenings so can fit into a schedule and range from 30-60 mins!

I haven't exercised in ages because I'm not quite confident going back to the gym (due to COVID and me being immunosuppressed) but before the whole pandemic, I actually found that you need to try a lot of different things to find what you enjoy. It will be trial and error, I went to a super intense, super cardio "Legs, bums and tums" class and had a big cry when I got home because of how much I struggled. I tried a ballet fit class thinking it would be a good toning class, turns out it was more of a "introduction to ballet" type of class and the instructor had us attempting a pirouette for an hour 😂 😂
Trying different things helped me narrowed down what I actually enjoy: personally, that is body pump, spin, boxing type of workout and water workout (for WW, everyone there is over 60 and we're exercising to Elvis and Making Your Mind Up by Bucksfizz 😂 I love it). They're workouts I actually enjoy doing and see myself doing for years. They don't feel like chores or like I'm punishing my body for being bigger and I think that's key! I would probably lose the weight faster if I had a PT or did intense cardio workouts, but I think a sustainable lifestyle change is better than a quick fix!

In terms of food, I'm definitely not the best person to give advice but I've downloaded a calorie-counting app (the one I use is called FatSecret - what a name 😒). I haven't used it for long enough to really see results, but if anything, it's made me realise how much tit I used to eat! I've set my daily intake to 1800 kcal a day and it makes you think twice about having a bag of M&Ms in front of the telly in the evening 😂 Another tip I could give is to really follow serving sizes on packaging, even if they're ridiculously small sometimes.

Don't beat yourself up, I say this without any bitterness, but people who lose the weight the way Emma did are bound to gain it all back sooner or later. Anyway, essay over! Hope this helps, and you got this ❤

Reactions: 8
Hi long time lurker here
Just reading the comments about the exercise video was really interesting. I rediscovered Emma through them (I never used to watch her as her makeup suggestions were too expensive for me but I knew of her through soph) and used to rewatch that video a lot when doing home workouts during lockdown. It was nice to see an account of someone who had actually lost weight but seemed as if she had done it for the right reasons (even though I now know this is a facade)
Since gyms have reopened I have started one of natacha oceane guide and she is generally the one I watch for inspiration (I like that her body seems to change in different videos etc and it made me view exercise is a new light of setting goals opposed to looking thin)

Anyway, reading that she was on 1200 is so upsetting as I have (and I know a lot of others have) been through that period. If anyone needs to here this, 1200 is not enough and you are worthy of calories. A perfect figure is a lie and it is not worth being tired and ran down in order to try and achieve it.
I gravitated towards her as I am currently a student so have loads of time to fill in a day and am currently in the same position of household chores being like actual work (as in I'll include it in my 9-5 and be overall proud of myself for doing the bare minimum haha)

From learning of her privileged upbringing its just hard to resonate with her now and it almost feels like she shouldn't be an influencer and she has no real qualities that should be in charge of influencing people.

Just some thoughts I've had whilst reading the thread.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.