Ellie Grey #19 On holiday, with followers' money?? Lied about where & got tested. Now isn't that scummy?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(It didn’t take long for the councils to draft standard replies for all the letters they were receiving about ‘I didn’t sign a contract with you’. And *no one* has had any success with that one - that in itself is surely enough to make people think ‘hmmmm, this stuff doesn’t work…)
Do you have any links for the letters telling the conspiracy theorists to go duck themselves?

Reactions: 3
Do you have any links for the letters telling the conspiracy theorists to go duck themselves?
Templates on my website hun. Just PayPal me £5000 asap and we’ll have to hope there aren’t any technical glitches. Love and light 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Aw, bless all you lot. I missed being able to chip in, but I’m back now, a more rounded version of myself…… and I will make my return with this little monstrous IG post. I’ve just been alerted to it via some of the patients I work with. I’ve tagged big Dave. And the fact they’re using an image of a child…… Am I still allowed to use the C word? Let me know. ☺
I've just reported half the posts on SpiritOfHealthKC's profile.

Deluded cunts

Reactions: 5
Great to see you back @Northernoik2020 and thanks for introducing yourself. I'm in Yorkshire so a fellow northerner here.

I've been reading since the doxxing from holiday (and applying suncream liberally) and it was really sad to see how low she's willing to go and then cry victim. Makes my piss boil to be honest.

• Heart
Great to see you back @Northernoik2020 and thanks for introducing yourself. I'm in Yorkshire so a fellow northerner here.

I've been reading since the doxxing from holiday (and applying suncream liberally) and it was really sad to see how low she's willing to go and then cry victim. Makes my piss boil to be honest.
Ah, the suncream. Well, if you haven’t managed to coach your body into knowing how not to burn….. shame on you…. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Scary isn’t it - the number of people who will actually listen to such crap and say “I can train my skin not to burn? Sounds legit….I’ll give that a go”. The fact they can, and do, end up in A&E, is irrelevant, as long as they’ve done it without the necessity of a tenners worth of Factor 50.

I’ll be the first to admit that prior to Jon’s diagnosis, I knew very little about melanoma and non melanoma skin cancers. I quickly became very aware. From the day he was diagnosed, I never allowed myself to burn in the sun and I use a high factor cream every day. I have relatively few wrinkles and have been mistaken for my daughter’s sister!! (Much to her angst!). 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I mean, even if you didn’t want to line the pockets of the big boys, there are loads of smaller manufacturers who do good quality sun screens - I will happily send out samples to anyone who would like them! ❤

It’s quite empowering, asking the troofers to explain their crap, in my own right.. 😂😂😂😂😂

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Ah, the suncream. Well, if you haven’t managed to coach your body into knowing how not to burn….. shame on you…. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Scary isn’t it - the number of people who will actually listen to such crap and say “I can train my skin not to burn? Sounds legit….I’ll give that a go”. The fact they can, and do, end up in A&E, is irrelevant, as long as they’ve done it without the necessity of a tenners worth of Factor 50.

I’ll be the first to admit that prior to Jon’s diagnosis, I knew very little about melanoma and non melanoma skin cancers. I quickly became very aware. From the day he was diagnosed, I never allowed myself to burn in the sun and I use a high factor cream every day. I have relatively few wrinkles and have been mistaken for my daughter’s sister!! (Much to her angst!). 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I mean, even if you didn’t want to line the pockets of the big boys, there are loads of smaller manufacturers who do good quality sun screens - I will happily send out samples to anyone who would like them! ❤

It’s quite empowering, asking the troofers to explain their crap, in my own right.. 😂😂😂😂😂
Anyone who uses “MSM” is automatically a paranoid whinging bleep, regardless of the content 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone who uses “MSM” is automatically a paranoid whinging bleep, regardless of the content 😆
I would have thought that once these people have had someone like DRG debunk their utter bollocks, they’d be inclined to slither back under their rocks - but nope, they let it wash over them and come back with some more ludicrous tit, bigger than the day before.

Reactions: 4
Well, good morning all you crazy kids.

Obviously, I didn’t post after the savagery that took place a few weeks ago. To be honest, I had a lot to say, but I was advised to keep my powder dry.

So, now that you all know who I am, I will make a proper introduction. My name is Gillian. As suggested in my pseudonym, I’m Northern (very). I was born to two wonderful parents. I do have an older brother (he’s a knob, so I won’t bother introducing him). I had a lovely childhood. My parents didn’t have a lot, but I was loved very much, taught right from wrong and my father always told me that I had to stand up for myself, and if needs be, others. I think he lost count of the number of needy kids and stray dogs that I brought home. Sadly, I lost my dad twenty years ago and the pain of his death was, without doubt, the worst experience of my life. I honestly did not think I would recover. I ended up having a year of bereavement counselling to get me through.

I have two grown up children who are the best adults in my life by a country mile. Every moment spent with them, makes me whole. Between them they’ve given me five grandchildren and my god, I love those little dinks just as much as if they were mine.

I worked in law for a long time (several law firms, real ones with real lawyers, practising certificates, proper brick offices and everything). I did start a part time law degree back in the 90s - I was working full time, my children were little and it was hard work. In the middle of the second year of the course, I discovered I had MS. That came as a massive shock and I pondered deeply on whether to continue the degree. I was advised by the consultant that stress was not a good thing to add into the mix and I decided not to continue. All I envisaged was me rolling into court in a wheelchair like a female Ironside! So, I continued working in law for many years, but never qualified.

I had the privilege of working with a man who turned out to be one of the best defamation lawyers in the U.K. We are, and always will be, very good friends.

In 2002 a family friend was diagnosed with melanoma. Back then, we had nothing to treat advanced melanoma and following a gruelling few years, he died at 30. What a truly brutal disease. 💔 Before he died, I promised him that I would set up some kind of foundation in his memory. I did. It’s easily found.

During lockdown, working from home, extra time on my hands, I came across some of the truthers. This was unfortunate, because a lot of the stuff that was being bandied about was about vaccines, Covid, a lot of medical inaccuracies and as a result, I became extremely frustrated at some of the absolute shite that I was seeing and hearing. Then I found this thread and a small number of like minded folk - it was like a little room with just a few people who felt exactly like me! I had never even heard of Tattle before. Celebrity gossip is not something I give a tit about, I think I’m probably the only woman on earth who has never read OK or Hello magazine.

I’m the first to admit, I got extremely silly at times, but I think that happened to a lot of us during lockdown - some of the little imaginary scenarios I’d paint : I’d look back on them and laugh (I know, I know!).

On a very serious note, the anger that I felt when I saw some of the disgusting things that were being shared - I didn’t know I was capable of such animosity towards people I didn’t know. Some of the clearly incorrect information was scary, I had conversations and meetings with journalists, some of whom I’m still in touch with: they still have some of these folk on their radar. I have also had correspondence with several MPs. During the silly season of ‘pitching up at hospitals and schools’ and abusing staff etc, I had email exchanges with various police officers. We don’t live in a lawless society, people should be able to get up in the morning and go to work peacefully, no matter what that work is. As many of you know, I have a big problem with the use of sunbeds - I’ve yet to stand outside a salon and abuse staff.
One of the things that really turned my stomach was when the dogs were let loose on the medics. You all know who I’m referring to. For me, that kind of behaviour is pretty disgusting. It is the stuff that can do so much damage to people with meaningful careers.

So, when it became clear that people knew who I was and that my identity was about to be ‘announced’, obviously I kept quiet and waited for the volcano to erupt. Apart from a few things that people sent to me, I have no idea what the dossier on me looks like, (but thank you guys for saving stuff for me. I did have a couple of long meetings with my solicitor and he asked for it all for future reference. Again, I want you all to know that I’m grateful for your help. You don’t know me, you could have distanced yourselves).

It’s fair to say that I had a few sleepless nights and who wouldn’t? Looking back, one of the things I never did, was send in the clowns after any of the members of the ‘movement’ (to be fair, I don’t know any clowns, if I’d have said to my small group of friends “Look at this, go and give them some grief” they would have told me to go f*k myself).

Everything I wrote was in the confines of this thread was seen by a relatively small number of people. So why did I lose sleep? Well, when someone issues a direct threat to ‘end a career’ it’s somewhat disconcerting! The laughable thing is, this was not my ‘career’ per se. It was a situation that was handed to me following a personal tragedy. The charity was formed from a good place - I simply wanted to help other people who found themselves in the same situation as my pal had done. Do I work with pharma? Yes. Because guess what? They hold the key to long term survival in this disease. In 2011 I represented our organisation at a NICE appraisal, and after some hard work, several visits to Westminster, the first immunotherapy treatment in melanoma was approved on the NHS. My god, it was like someone had opened up the floodgates. We now have so much hope, something my friend never had. We have patients who are now surviving. I spoke to a man only this morning who is a stage 4 patient, currently with no evidence of active disease. We’ve held his hand for the last three years. Have I worked with Government and opposition ministers? Yes, of course I have. I’ve had to. I think it’s fair to say that if I had to dance with the devil himself in order to get a patient in a better place, you bet I’d get my tap shoes on. Does that make me a bad person?

So, for someone to try to put an end to this, of course I was disturbed by it. Only this week, I’ve managed to secure a patient an appointment with one of the world’s leading melanoma oncologists. If I wasn’t here, who would have done that? So yes, I was worried - not for me, but for the patients I represent.

What did I receive by way of correspondence then? Well, I had photos of my own grandchildren sent to me on Instagram, photos of one of the girls who died of melanoma and me, on TV together (presumably that was used to demonstrate my affiliation with the BBC!), together with comments as to how it would be when I got to my office, photos of my own dogs 🤔 Menacing, yes - but there we are. I don’t know who sent them, I don’t care. I received messages via Facebook and IG, most of them pretty crappy, albeit a few people offering support, which was nice. I also received a few emails, none of them particularly pleasant, but that’s the nature of anonymous emails isn’t it? You can quite easily wish death to someone when your anonymous email is a character from a TV soap! Finally, I haven’t received anything from the police.

Was I bothered about the mental state of some of the people I’d berated? Well, I did share some of my concerns with a few of the people in here who follow me on IG., I am not a bad person and as I say, I’ve never sent in the clowns after any of the people I have taken issue with. For me, that’s a different level of nasty. Did I say some stupid things? Yes, course I did! Including that I’d belt someone over the head with a cricket bat (it’s an expression I’ve used for years): stabbing in the neck with a knife? Straight out of Stepbrothers; dancing on a grave singing Hallelujah? From a Monty Python sketch - so I think that it’s probably fair to say that the ridiculous stuff I posted, if taken out of context, does look pretty tit. But, as the educationalists know only too well, context is everything.

The accusations of racism and use of slang - well, I just have no idea where the idea of racism came from - we have yet to get to the bottom of that. Slang? Well, I’m a northerner, I do use a lot of slang. Whether or not my use of slang is so offensive that it is an offence worth reporting to the police, I don’t know. But in any event, I’ve had no correspondence from the police and once I know the outcome, I’ll let you guys know.

So, in essence - I should have known better than to behave like such a knob and to hurt someone with my words - that was never my intention (albeit I accept that I can be very harsh at times).

My concerns relating to misinformation were genuine : no one should be allowed to glibly dish out information which can lead to the harm of others. However, I accept that at times, some of my shenanigans were unpleasant.
Hell yes you are back!! I reached out to you on Twitter a little while ago 💕 you’re a real hero! Literally everything Ellie Grey is not… a strong, empowered, educated, badass and amazing lady!! I’m so pleased you’re here and it must be so freeing to be able to be here as yourself!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hell yes you are back!! I reached out to you on Twitter a little while ago 💕 you’re a real hero! Literally everything Ellie Grey is not… a strong, empowered, educated, badass and amazing lady!! I’m so pleased you’re here and it must be so freeing to be able to be here as yourself!!
Aw, thank you. I did have a few people from here message me on Twitter - obviously with the pseudonyms, I don’t know for sure who everyone is! But you’ve all been so kind. ❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I would have thought that once these people have had someone like DRG debunk their utter bollocks, they’d be inclined to slither back under their rocks - but nope, they let it wash over them and come back with some more ludicrous tit, bigger than the day before.
Spoke to DRG recently. We’ve connected with each other on insta. I’ll be avidly watching his posts x

Reactions: 3
You'll always be Oik to me. 💪

Glad that you have weathered the storm with good grace and glad to see you back

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You'll always be Oik to me. 💪

Glad that you have weathered the storm with good grace and glad to see you back
I can be a lot of things, my 94 year old ma would be happy, nay, bleeping delighted to tell you what a little arse I was, growing up. I was thrown out of the church choir, (for leaving a dead fish in another kid’s hymn book) That was done at the suggestion of Barbara H. She gave me her cat’s lunch and ‘suggested’ I do it. So, because I was easily led, I did it, and the vicar asked me to eff off, when I coughed it - Barbara H on the other hand, she stayed in the choir and carried on making a balls of carrying the cross each Sunday. I was also ‘asked nicely’ to leave Brownies because I couldn’t keep quiet for longer than 5 minutes…. Anyway I digress.

In your heads, I can be Oik. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Thank you. ❤

As my old dad would have said “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”. 😊

I will not stop calling out the misinformation, ever. The only difference now will be that it’s in my own name, so I shall have to make sure that my liberal use of profanities has the lid screwed on….
Bravo Gill!
Good to see you back on this after the horrid doxxing. YOU are an inspiring, wonderful, lovely lady. I feel utterly grateful for what you have done and do. Much wobbly love x

• Heart
Good to see you Oik/Gill. I've always loved your posts and the way you express the fury that we all feel. You've done so much good work unlike Ellie and her rotten band of Troofers.

Good to see you Oik/Gill. I've always loved your posts and the way you express the fury that we all feel. You've done so much good work unlike Ellie and her rotten band of Troofers.
My take home? “Rotten band of troofers”. That’s my quote of the day. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My take home? “Rotten band of troofers”. That’s my quote of the day. 😂😂😂
Good to see you’re back Oik! 👍 Skin Cancer is very close to my heart due to a family member passing away with it recently and to see her tell people not to protect their skin and lie about how she lounges about in the sun without factor and so do her kids etc is pretty sickening. You took on the misinformation and downright disregard she spews in the only way they understand, as let’s be honest you can’t have any real convo or debate due to the fact they just delete. This forum isn’t influencing anyone it’s not making money or exploiting and if she doesn’t like it she doesn’t have to obsessively follow it which lets be honest she does! Nobody has threatened her with harm, there are no evil trolls here just people with shared views and opinions on her outrageous and controversial content. She can call anyone she likes names and tries her hardest to discredit and insult any real healthcare professional or person with real qualifications yet she gets called out for her real lies I.e I HAVE A LAW DEGREE 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and suddenly she’s a victim! For her this is just another story to spin and twist. she’s just absolutely seething that she can’t get away with controlling a situation.

• Heart
Good to see you’re back Oik! 👍 Skin Cancer is very close to my heart due to a family member passing away with it recently and to see her tell people not to protect their skin and lie about how she lounges about in the sun without factor and so do her kids etc is pretty sickening. You took on the misinformation and downright disregard she spews in the only way they understand, as let’s be honest you can’t have any real convo or debate due to the fact they just delete. This forum isn’t influencing anyone it’s not making money or exploiting and if she doesn’t like it she doesn’t have to obsessively follow it which lets be honest she does! Nobody has threatened her with harm, there are no evil trolls here just people with shared views and opinions on her outrageous and controversial content. She can call anyone she likes names and tries her hardest to discredit and insult any real healthcare professional or person with real qualifications yet she gets called out for her real lies I.e I HAVE A LAW DEGREE 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and suddenly she’s a victim! For her this is just another story to spin and twist. she’s just absolutely seething that she can’t get away with controlling a situation.
Bless your heart. I’m so sorry to hear you lost a family member to this horrible disease. It truly is brutal. To watch someone you love so much go through such a torrid time, is the worst thing in the world. I think it was made much worse by Jon being so young. I used to think “How can someone who has barely started to live, be dying?”

I’ve admitted that a lot of the things I said were horrible, terribly infantile at times, but some days I couldn’t vent my spleen enough!

Anyway, I’ve just finished a call with a national TV news channel who want to interview me on the subject of sunbed use. No doubt I will go to hell for my participation……

Reactions: 9
Oh, and by the way, and I hope no one minds - but if I could share this? Following the work that was done by the Manchester team, we are picking up the sunbed petition again. We’ve been at this for a number of years but it’s a multi million pound industry and they aren’t going down without a fight.. mainly against little old me! 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I know, I’m such an upstart. In 2018 the sunbed association threatened me with legal action (controversy just follows me around..) but not only that; they’d also issued threats to some of our wonderful patients. Imagine that, going for a stage 4 melanoma patient because he’d dared to speak out about the dangers of sunbeds. Like he didn’t have a bigger fight to have. Anyway, with my lawyer pals, the chair of the association soon saw the error of his ways. He didn’t sue the patient and he didn’t sue me either. I often invite him to issue his proceedings, let’s get him before a judge. Imagine it:

“Why are we here ladies and gentleman?”
“Well your Honour, see her over there? She’s been saying that sunbeds are dangerous and I don’t like it. I want her to stop it”
“Ok Sir. Oik? What have you got to say?”
“Your honour, if I may point you to the studies across the world, all carried out by real scientists, you will see that it is agreed and has been for a long time, that they are dangerous. The WHO classes them as a carcinogen. I’m simply repeating the science”.
“Mr Sunbed Waller, do you have anything to add?”
“Well yeah, I’m the MD of one of the biggest manufacturers in the world and also the chair of the non mandatory sunbed association. If they’re banned, I stand to lose a bleeping fortune. I want her to shut her gob”
“Oh do duck off out of my courtroom, you odious little pleb - case dismissed, don’t let me see you here again”

Anyway, I’m off again.

If you could sign and share this you lovely little lot, I’d be super grateful.
If you could sign and share this you lovely little lot, I’d be super grateful.

Ah, our favourite Fat boy has alerted me to the petition not being allowed. Anyway, If you did feel strongly, it’s on our website. 😀😀

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.