Ellie Grey #19 On holiday, with followers' money?? Lied about where & got tested. Now isn't that scummy?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, good morning all you crazy kids.

Obviously, I didnā€™t post after the savagery that took place a few weeks ago. To be honest, I had a lot to say, but I was advised to keep my powder dry.

So, now that you all know who I am, I will make a proper introduction. My name is Gillian. As suggested in my pseudonym, Iā€™m Northern (very). I was born to two wonderful parents. I do have an older brother (heā€™s a knob, so I wonā€™t bother introducing him). I had a lovely childhood. My parents didnā€™t have a lot, but I was loved very much, taught right from wrong and my father always told me that I had to stand up for myself, and if needs be, others. I think he lost count of the number of needy kids and stray dogs that I brought home. Sadly, I lost my dad twenty years ago and the pain of his death was, without doubt, the worst experience of my life. I honestly did not think I would recover. I ended up having a year of bereavement counselling to get me through.

I have two grown up children who are the best adults in my life by a country mile. Every moment spent with them, makes me whole. Between them theyā€™ve given me five grandchildren and my god, I love those little dinks just as much as if they were mine.

I worked in law for a long time (several law firms, real ones with real lawyers, practising certificates, proper brick offices and everything). I did start a part time law degree back in the 90s - I was working full time, my children were little and it was hard work. In the middle of the second year of the course, I discovered I had MS. That came as a massive shock and I pondered deeply on whether to continue the degree. I was advised by the consultant that stress was not a good thing to add into the mix and I decided not to continue. All I envisaged was me rolling into court in a wheelchair like a female Ironside! So, I continued working in law for many years, but never qualified.

I had the privilege of working with a man who turned out to be one of the best defamation lawyers in the U.K. We are, and always will be, very good friends.

In 2002 a family friend was diagnosed with melanoma. Back then, we had nothing to treat advanced melanoma and following a gruelling few years, he died at 30. What a truly brutal disease. šŸ’” Before he died, I promised him that I would set up some kind of foundation in his memory. I did. Itā€™s easily found.

During lockdown, working from home, extra time on my hands, I came across some of the truthers. This was unfortunate, because a lot of the stuff that was being bandied about was about vaccines, Covid, a lot of medical inaccuracies and as a result, I became extremely frustrated at some of the absolute shite that I was seeing and hearing. Then I found this thread and a small number of like minded folk - it was like a little room with just a few people who felt exactly like me! I had never even heard of Tattle before. Celebrity gossip is not something I give a tit about, I think Iā€™m probably the only woman on earth who has never read OK or Hello magazine.

Iā€™m the first to admit, I got extremely silly at times, but I think that happened to a lot of us during lockdown - some of the little imaginary scenarios Iā€™d paint : Iā€™d look back on them and laugh (I know, I know!).

On a very serious note, the anger that I felt when I saw some of the disgusting things that were being shared - I didnā€™t know I was capable of such animosity towards people I didnā€™t know. Some of the clearly incorrect information was scary, I had conversations and meetings with journalists, some of whom Iā€™m still in touch with: they still have some of these folk on their radar. I have also had correspondence with several MPs. During the silly season of ā€˜pitching up at hospitals and schoolsā€™ and abusing staff etc, I had email exchanges with various police officers. We donā€™t live in a lawless society, people should be able to get up in the morning and go to work peacefully, no matter what that work is. As many of you know, I have a big problem with the use of sunbeds - Iā€™ve yet to stand outside a salon and abuse staff.
One of the things that really turned my stomach was when the dogs were let loose on the medics. You all know who Iā€™m referring to. For me, that kind of behaviour is pretty disgusting. It is the stuff that can do so much damage to people with meaningful careers.

So, when it became clear that people knew who I was and that my identity was about to be ā€˜announcedā€™, obviously I kept quiet and waited for the volcano to erupt. Apart from a few things that people sent to me, I have no idea what the dossier on me looks like, (but thank you guys for saving stuff for me. I did have a couple of long meetings with my solicitor and he asked for it all for future reference. Again, I want you all to know that Iā€™m grateful for your help. You donā€™t know me, you could have distanced yourselves).

Itā€™s fair to say that I had a few sleepless nights and who wouldnā€™t? Looking back, one of the things I never did, was send in the clowns after any of the members of the ā€˜movementā€™ (to be fair, I donā€™t know any clowns, if Iā€™d have said to my small group of friends ā€œLook at this, go and give them some griefā€ they would have told me to go f*k myself).

Everything I wrote was in the confines of this thread was seen by a relatively small number of people. So why did I lose sleep? Well, when someone issues a direct threat to ā€˜end a careerā€™ itā€™s somewhat disconcerting! The laughable thing is, this was not my ā€˜careerā€™ per se. It was a situation that was handed to me following a personal tragedy. The charity was formed from a good place - I simply wanted to help other people who found themselves in the same situation as my pal had done. Do I work with pharma? Yes. Because guess what? They hold the key to long term survival in this disease. In 2011 I represented our organisation at a NICE appraisal, and after some hard work, several visits to Westminster, the first immunotherapy treatment in melanoma was approved on the NHS. My god, it was like someone had opened up the floodgates. We now have so much hope, something my friend never had. We have patients who are now surviving. I spoke to a man only this morning who is a stage 4 patient, currently with no evidence of active disease. Weā€™ve held his hand for the last three years. Have I worked with Government and opposition ministers? Yes, of course I have. Iā€™ve had to. I think itā€™s fair to say that if I had to dance with the devil himself in order to get a patient in a better place, you bet Iā€™d get my tap shoes on. Does that make me a bad person?

So, for someone to try to put an end to this, of course I was disturbed by it. Only this week, Iā€™ve managed to secure a patient an appointment with one of the worldā€™s leading melanoma oncologists. If I wasnā€™t here, who would have done that? So yes, I was worried - not for me, but for the patients I represent.

What did I receive by way of correspondence then? Well, I had photos of my own grandchildren sent to me on Instagram, photos of one of the girls who died of melanoma and me, on TV together (presumably that was used to demonstrate my affiliation with the BBC!), together with comments as to how it would be when I got to my office, photos of my own dogs šŸ¤” Menacing, yes - but there we are. I donā€™t know who sent them, I donā€™t care. I received messages via Facebook and IG, most of them pretty crappy, albeit a few people offering support, which was nice. I also received a few emails, none of them particularly pleasant, but thatā€™s the nature of anonymous emails isnā€™t it? You can quite easily wish death to someone when your anonymous email is a character from a TV soap! Finally, I havenā€™t received anything from the police.

Was I bothered about the mental state of some of the people Iā€™d berated? Well, I did share some of my concerns with a few of the people in here who follow me on IG., I am not a bad person and as I say, Iā€™ve never sent in the clowns after any of the people I have taken issue with. For me, thatā€™s a different level of nasty. Did I say some stupid things? Yes, course I did! Including that Iā€™d belt someone over the head with a cricket bat (itā€™s an expression Iā€™ve used for years): stabbing in the neck with a knife? Straight out of Stepbrothers; dancing on a grave singing Hallelujah? From a Monty Python sketch - so I think that itā€™s probably fair to say that the ridiculous stuff I posted, if taken out of context, does look pretty tit. But, as the educationalists know only too well, context is everything.

The accusations of racism and use of slang - well, I just have no idea where the idea of racism came from - we have yet to get to the bottom of that. Slang? Well, Iā€™m a northerner, I do use a lot of slang. Whether or not my use of slang is so offensive that it is an offence worth reporting to the police, I donā€™t know. But in any event, Iā€™ve had no correspondence from the police and once I know the outcome, Iā€™ll let you guys know.

So, in essence - I should have known better than to behave like such a knob and to hurt someone with my words - that was never my intention (albeit I accept that I can be very harsh at times).

My concerns relating to misinformation were genuine : no one should be allowed to glibly dish out information which can lead to the harm of others. However, I accept that at times, some of my shenanigans were unpleasant.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»
Welcome back Oik, I mean Gill. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that weā€™ve missed you in this space a lot.

I donā€™t know how anyone could read what youā€™ve written & still believe Ellie was justified in doing what she did. You didnā€™t troll her, you said some disparaging things about her (as we all have) in an online forum which only exists because she put herself out there as a spokesperson for some of the most ignorant & stupid people in society. People who believe they are somehow above the rules that keep society functioning.

She put HERSELF in a position worthy of mockery & scorn, because some (most) of the things SHE said & did were so outrageous. I bet David Icke doesnā€™t go running to the police every time someone rips the piss out of himā€¦ā€¦

Talking of which, I think we all know there is no Police investigation. For all the ā€˜incriminatingā€™ things she alleges you to have said- sheā€™s said worse. Unlike her, the Police will do their due diligence & actually investigate her online behaviour too (context is everything) & just by going to them, sheā€™d have incriminated herself.

I can just see how the imaginary ā€˜investigationā€™ would play out.
ā€œOfficer, Iā€™d like to report Northern Oik for calling me a bleep onlineā€
ā€œOk, Miss Grey, we take name-calling online very seriously around here- Iā€™ll dispatch some of my finest men to look into it immediatelyā€

*Two days later*

ā€œMiss Grey, weā€™ve looked into it & it would appear that you are indeed a bleep. A colossal one at that. May we suggest that you stop impersonating professionals (actually illegal) & encouraging people to commit fraud (also actually illegal- naughty!) & stick to posting at your intellectual level. A few pouting mirror selfies with your tits out should do it.ā€

Obviously, I didnā€™t post after the savagery that took place a few weeks ago. To be honest, I had a lot to say, but I was advised to keep my powder dry.

So, now that you all know who I am, I will make a proper introduction. My name is Gillian. As suggested in my pseudonym, Iā€™m Northern (very). I was born to two wonderful parents. I do have an older brother (heā€™s a knob, so I wonā€™t bother introducing him). I had a lovely childhood. My parents didnā€™t have a lot, but I was loved very much, taught right from wrong and my father always told me that I had to stand up for myself, and if needs be, others. I think he lost count of the number of needy kids and stray dogs that I brought home. Sadly, I lost my dad twenty years ago and the pain of his death was, without doubt, the worst experience of my life. I honestly did not think I would recover. I ended up having a year of bereavement counselling to get me through.

I have two grown up children who are the best adults in my life by a country mile. Every moment spent with them, makes me whole. Between them theyā€™ve given me five grandchildren and my god, I love those little dinks just as much as if they were mine.

I worked in law for a long time (several law firms, real ones with real lawyers, practising certificates, proper brick offices and everything). I did start a part time law degree back in the 90s - I was working full time, my children were little and it was hard work. In the middle of the second year of the course, I discovered I had MS. That came as a massive shock and I pondered deeply on whether to continue the degree. I was advised by the consultant that stress was not a good thing to add into the mix and I decided not to continue. All I envisaged was me rolling into court in a wheelchair like a female Ironside! So, I continued working in law for many years, but never qualified.

I had the privilege of working with a man who turned out to be one of the best defamation lawyers in the U.K. We are, and always will be, very good friends.

In 2002 a family friend was diagnosed with melanoma. Back then, we had nothing to treat advanced melanoma and following a gruelling few years, he died at 30. What a truly brutal disease. šŸ’” Before he died, I promised him that I would set up some kind of foundation in his memory. I did. Itā€™s easily found.

During lockdown, working from home, extra time on my hands, I came across some of the truthers. This was unfortunate, because a lot of the stuff that was being bandied about was about vaccines, Covid, a lot of medical inaccuracies and as a result, I became extremely frustrated at some of the absolute shite that I was seeing and hearing. Then I found this thread and a small number of like minded folk - it was like a little room with just a few people who felt exactly like me! I had never even heard of Tattle before. Celebrity gossip is not something I give a tit about, I think Iā€™m probably the only woman on earth who has never read OK or Hello magazine.

Iā€™m the first to admit, I got extremely silly at times, but I think that happened to a lot of us during lockdown - some of the little imaginary scenarios Iā€™d paint : Iā€™d look back on them and laugh (I know, I know!).

On a very serious note, the anger that I felt when I saw some of the disgusting things that were being shared - I didnā€™t know I was capable of such animosity towards people I didnā€™t know. Some of the clearly incorrect information was scary, I had conversations and meetings with journalists, some of whom Iā€™m still in touch with: they still have some of these folk on their radar. I have also had correspondence with several MPs. During the silly season of ā€˜pitching up at hospitals and schoolsā€™ and abusing staff etc, I had email exchanges with various police officers. We donā€™t live in a lawless society, people should be able to get up in the morning and go to work peacefully, no matter what that work is. As many of you know, I have a big problem with the use of sunbeds - Iā€™ve yet to stand outside a salon and abuse staff.
One of the things that really turned my stomach was when the dogs were let loose on the medics. You all know who Iā€™m referring to. For me, that kind of behaviour is pretty disgusting. It is the stuff that can do so much damage to people with meaningful careers.

So, when it became clear that people knew who I was and that my identity was about to be ā€˜announcedā€™, obviously I kept quiet and waited for the volcano to erupt. Apart from a few things that people sent to me, I have no idea what the dossier on me looks like, (but thank you guys for saving stuff for me. I did have a couple of long meetings with my solicitor and he asked for it all for future reference. Again, I want you all to know that Iā€™m grateful for your help. You donā€™t know me, you could have distanced yourselves).

Itā€™s fair to say that I had a few sleepless nights and who wouldnā€™t? Looking back, one of the things I never did, was send in the clowns after any of the members of the ā€˜movementā€™ (to be fair, I donā€™t know any clowns, if Iā€™d have said to my small group of friends ā€œLook at this, go and give them some griefā€ they would have told me to go f*k myself).

Everything I wrote was in the confines of this thread was seen by a relatively small number of people. So why did I lose sleep? Well, when someone issues a direct threat to ā€˜end a careerā€™ itā€™s somewhat disconcerting! The laughable thing is, this was not my ā€˜careerā€™ per se. It was a situation that was handed to me following a personal tragedy. The charity was formed from a good place - I simply wanted to help other people who found themselves in the same situation as my pal had done. Do I work with pharma? Yes. Because guess what? They hold the key to long term survival in this disease. In 2011 I represented our organisation at a NICE appraisal, and after some hard work, several visits to Westminster, the first immunotherapy treatment in melanoma was approved on the NHS. My god, it was like someone had opened up the floodgates. We now have so much hope, something my friend never had. We have patients who are now surviving. I spoke to a man only this morning who is a stage 4 patient, currently with no evidence of active disease. Weā€™ve held his hand for the last three years. Have I worked with Government and opposition ministers? Yes, of course I have. Iā€™ve had to. I think itā€™s fair to say that if I had to dance with the devil himself in order to get a patient in a better place, you bet Iā€™d get my tap shoes on. Does that make me a bad person?

So, for someone to try to put an end to this, of course I was disturbed by it. Only this week, Iā€™ve managed to secure a patient an appointment with one of the worldā€™s leading melanoma oncologists. If I wasnā€™t here, who would have done that? So yes, I was worried - not for me, but for the patients I represent.

What did I receive by way of correspondence then? Well, I had photos of my own grandchildren sent to me on Instagram, photos of one of the girls who died of melanoma and me, on TV together (presumably that was used to demonstrate my affiliation with the BBC!), together with comments as to how it would be when I got to my office, photos of my own dogs šŸ¤” Menacing, yes - but there we are. I donā€™t know who sent them, I donā€™t care. I received messages via Facebook and IG, most of them pretty crappy, albeit a few people offering support, which was nice. I also received a few emails, none of them particularly pleasant, but thatā€™s the nature of anonymous emails isnā€™t it? You can quite easily wish death to someone when your anonymous email is a character from a TV soap! Finally, I havenā€™t received anything from the police.

Was I bothered about the mental state of some of the people Iā€™d berated? Well, I did share some of my concerns with a few of the people in here who follow me on IG., I am not a bad person and as I say, Iā€™ve never sent in the clowns after any of the people I have taken issue with. For me, thatā€™s a different level of nasty. Did I say some stupid things? Yes, course I did! Including that Iā€™d belt someone over the head with a cricket bat (itā€™s an expression Iā€™ve used for years): stabbing in the neck with a knife? Straight out of Stepbrothers; dancing on a grave singing Hallelujah? From a Monty Python sketch - so I think that itā€™s probably fair to say that the ridiculous stuff I posted, if taken out of context, does look pretty tit. But, as the educationalists know only too well, context is everything.

The accusations of racism and use of slang - well, I just have no idea where the idea of racism came from - we have yet to get to the bottom of that. Slang? Well, Iā€™m a northerner, I do use a lot of slang. Whether or not my use of slang is so offensive that it is an offence worth reporting to the police, I donā€™t know. But in any event, Iā€™ve had no correspondence from the police and once I know the outcome, Iā€™ll let you guys know.

So, in essence - I should have known better than to behave like such a knob and to hurt someone with my words - that was never my intention (albeit I accept that I can be very harsh at times).

My concerns relating to misinformation were genuine : no one should be allowed to glibly dish out information which can lead to the harm of others. However, I accept that at times, some of my shenanigans were unpleasant.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

Welcome back šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 2
Hi oik and welcome back Iā€™m glad youā€™re ok. I do think I know where the racist thing comes from, and you absolutely werenā€™t being racist, as usual sheā€™s taken one line out of something and twisted it and shown it out of context. I am happy to tell you what it is but I donā€™t want to post here if you think it would add more fuel to the fire and would prefer me not to.

šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»
Welcome back Oik, I mean Gill. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that weā€™ve missed you in this space a lot.

I donā€™t know how anyone could read what youā€™ve written & still believe Ellie was justified in doing what she did. You didnā€™t troll her, you said some disparaging things about her (as we all have) in an online forum which only exists because she put herself out there as a spokesperson for some of the most ignorant & stupid people in society. People who believe they are somehow above the rules that keep society functioning.

She put HERSELF in a position worthy of mockery & scorn, because some (most) of the things SHE said & did were so outrageous. I bet David Icke doesnā€™t go running to the police every time someone rips the piss out of himā€¦ā€¦

Talking of which, I think we all know there is no Police investigation. For all the ā€˜incriminatingā€™ things she alleges you to have said- sheā€™s said worse. Unlike her, the Police will do their due diligence & actually investigate her online behaviour too (context is everything) & just by going to them, sheā€™d have incriminated herself.

I can just see how the imaginary ā€˜investigationā€™ would play out.
ā€œOfficer, Iā€™d like to report Northern Oik for calling me a bleep onlineā€
ā€œOk, Miss Grey, we take name-calling online very seriously around here- Iā€™ll dispatch some of my finest men to look into it immediatelyā€

*Two days later*

ā€œMiss Grey, weā€™ve looked into it & it would appear that you are indeed a bleep. A colossal one at that. May we suggest that you stop impersonating professionals (actually illegal) & encouraging people to commit fraud (also actually illegal- naughty!) & stick to posting at your intellectual level. A few pouting mirror selfies with your tits out should do it.ā€
Thank you LadyV. Straight to the point, as ever. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Glad youā€™re ok Gill I wouldnā€™t worry about anything youā€™ve said or done these people boil my piss so I canā€™t imagine what theyā€™ve done to you with something that is so close to your heart.

Iā€™ve said things completely out of character but I regret nothing Iā€™ve said it before these people are fair game itā€™s the social media sites thatā€™s need to look at themselves as to why they continuously let these idiots spread their nonsense and allow them to create back up after back up accounts.

Everyone on here should be proud as I believe these pages & the insta pages have completely derailed her. If none of this happened she would be out there spreading her dangerous tit to a much wider audience & conning more & more people.

If only Ellie and her brain dead followers could do their own research and actually understand what you do & what youā€™ve achieved in life but unfortunately theyā€™re really not the brightest.

The word legend gets banded around too easily these days but you certainly are a legend keep up the amazing work you do x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Glad youā€™re ok Gill I wouldnā€™t worry about anything youā€™ve said or done these people boil my piss so I canā€™t imagine what theyā€™ve done to you with something that is so close to your heart.

Iā€™ve said things completely out of character but I regret nothing Iā€™ve said it before these people are fair game itā€™s the social media sites thatā€™s need to look at themselves as to why they continuously let these idiots spread their nonsense and allow them to create back up after back up accounts.

Everyone on here should be proud as I believe these pages & the insta pages have completely derailed her. If none of this happened she would be out there spreading her dangerous tit to a much wider audience & conning more & more people.

If only Ellie and her brain dead followers could do their own research and actually understand what you do & what youā€™ve achieved in life but unfortunately theyā€™re really not the brightest.

The word legend gets banded around too easily these days but you certainly are a legend keep up the amazing work you do x
Thank you so much. Such kind words. I donā€™t quite know what to say. But Iā€™m grateful. ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤

Reactions: 1

Welcome back Gillian! It takes guts to hold your hands up and admit you made mistakes. Something that we all respect and the likes of Ellie could never have the balls to do.
We've all fallen fowl of using harsh and not very nice words when we're angered. It shows we're human and we care. You have personal experience of how cancer physically and mentally destroys not only the patient, but those closest too them. I can 100% understand and sympathise why the likes of Ellie anger you so much. She is dangerous and her lies and incorrect information will end up killing people.
I hope you're doing OK. Us Northern women are made of strong stuff šŸ˜‰ dust yourself off and continue to be amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Oooiiik! Was thinking about you just this morning wondering how you were doing.
Good to hear from you.
The police haven't been in touch with any of us and none of us have been sacked so I think we can safely say that was all either more lies or, as we said, noone cares.
I for one stand by every single thing I've said about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Oik!!! So good to hear from you. I was hoping you might be able to come back and have a say once things simmered down.

I, like you, stumbled on Tattle for the first time due to Ellie, and thoroughly grateful for the space to vent about someone so hideous that they put people's lives in danger. Ellie makes me angry because of this and I have never so freely called someone a bleep, but she is one of the highest degree - the only degree she actually has.
Even now she can't stay off social and is posting a pic of her freaking smug face, predictably saying how awesome she is doing. Which is a complete lie! yet again.

Anyway, pleased you are ok and my main concern was about you being able to continue with the amazing work you do!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Aw, bless all you lot. I missed being able to chip in, but Iā€™m back now, a more rounded version of myselfā€¦ā€¦ and I will make my return with this little monstrous IG post. Iā€™ve just been alerted to it via some of the patients I work with. Iā€™ve tagged big Dave. And the fact theyā€™re using an image of a childā€¦ā€¦ Am I still allowed to use the C word? Let me know. ā˜ŗ

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Hello Gillian. Lovely introduction. Iā€™m another person who Ellie sent her followers after at the same time - which lead me to finally join (rather than just continue to read - which I had been doing for quite some time) this thread.

Iā€™ve also had no police contact. Iā€™m more than happy for you to contact me directly if anything else happens and I can help. Iā€™ve kept records of what she said & did and the horrid things her followers said on messages.

xxx

• Heart
Hello Gillian. Lovely introduction. Iā€™m another person who Ellie sent her followers after at the same time - which lead me to finally join (rather than just continue to read - which I had been doing for quite some time) this thread.

Iā€™ve also had no police contact. Iā€™m more than happy for you to contact me directly if anything else happens and I can help. Iā€™ve kept records of what she said & did and the horrid things her followers said on messages.

xxx
Bless you. Obviously, you know who and where I am now - so please do get in touch. x

• Heart

I believe the plan was simply to try and scare people to get us to shut up basically, especially once she managed to work out who you were, and thought she had found Nosey. I think she likely knows she would be taking a risk taking it further given there likely being evidence of her attacks on professionals, the doxxing, and I have no doubt have people really looking into what she is doing/saying on a much more formal/official manner wouldn't end well for her as much as she thinks 'do your own research' or 'do what you will' absolves any responsibility (it going further into any official capacity also risked exposing everything to her sheep who would likely be more invested in following all of that versus reading Tattle which was never going to be great if you are still selling the troofers webinars of nonsense and supplements). Yes, context is everything. Of course it is. But I'd like to think the rational thinkers (anyone but the troofers) can read hyperbole for what it is and it was quite the stretch to pass that off as death threats. She wanted to scare you/us in general off and in doing so made out she had this huge official backing, but the fact she went public with it and in the manner she did that was always unlikely (I've spoken to our 'local policeman' (ie he works in the nearby city but he drinks in the local pub) and showed him some of it (shock horror he knows I read and write on Tattle) and he says the suggestion she could write what she wanted was a load of rubbish...) she was trying to get flying monkeys to harrass, only there aren't as many of them hanging round for her. The irony in lifting hyperbolic statements with no context (as obviously she couldn't risk anyone seeing what was actually being discussed at various points in time incase it started them looking into anything) passing them off as 'death threats' in order to rile up others to do the same back in messages to you, using anonymous accounts whilst moaning about us all being 'anonymous'. Again, probably hoping to shut people up!

I don't believe there was much of substance other than trying to contact workplaces (please Mr/Ms Director, sack this person because they have dared to point out that I am spreading dangerous misinformation in order to be relevant on social media and financially gain from the more vulnerable members of society who understand as little as (or even less than) I do about science, medicine, law, Human Rights, energy supplies, nutrition, etc. It hurts my feelings to know people know I know so little and that may stop sales of snake oil, so please see all these mere turns of phrase out of context and agree that they are threatening me and stop them actually working and contributing in a meaningful way to society because they definitely shouldn't be questioning my opinion and using readily available facts, and only I shouldn't be censored and have the freedom to say anything. Definitely censor everyone else.). It was simply a petulant, spiteful move as she needed 'revenge'. I'm just sad that you became her target and very nearly had people suffer as a result if your charity chose to take action. I'd imagine you were also a very desirable target for revenge given the sun stuff being something she is so hung up on.

I'm happy to see you back, and I hope your inboxes settle/have settled, especially now that she's made out she's essentially sick of the movement (she was too available to them...) and maybe people will stop rushing to attack on behalf of someone quick to dump it all when it wasn't benefitting her anymore. I completely understand why you are here and find the claims she/troofers make particularly galling and where the words come from. There have been so many situations where I've found myself writing reactionary comments here but have had to put the phone down before actually posting to be able to rewrite and remove a lot of the emotion/anger, and I'm probably less passionate and personally invested in their claims beyond professionally in that I'm possibly slightly more removed without the loss of very close friends or long term hand-holding of individual patients, etc. I don't envy your last couple of weeks, but I'm glad to hear it sounds like you have good, knowledgable people around you. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Well put, glad your back Oik šŸ˜Š

I believe the plan was simply to try and scare people to get us to shut up basically, especially once she managed to work out who you were, and thought she had found Nosey. I think she likely knows she would be taking a risk taking it further given there likely being evidence of her attacks on professionals, the doxxing, and I have no doubt have people really looking into what she is doing/saying on a much more formal/official manner wouldn't end well for her as much as she thinks 'do your own research' or 'do what you will' absolves any responsibility (it going further into any official capacity also risked exposing everything to her sheep who would likely be more invested in following all of that versus reading Tattle which was never going to be great if you are still selling the troofers webinars of nonsense and supplements). Yes, context is everything. Of course it is. But I'd like to think the rational thinkers (anyone but the troofers) can read hyperbole for what it is and it was quite the stretch to pass that off as death threats. She wanted to scare you/us in general off and in doing so made out she had this huge official backing, but the fact she went public with it and in the manner she did that was always unlikely (I've spoken to our 'local policeman' (ie he works in the nearby city but he drinks in the local pub) and showed him some of it (shock horror he knows I read and write on Tattle) and he says the suggestion she could write what she wanted was a load of rubbish...) she was trying to get flying monkeys to harrass, only there aren't as many of them hanging round for her. The irony in lifting hyperbolic statements with no context (as obviously she couldn't risk anyone seeing what was actually being discussed at various points in time incase it started them looking into anything) passing them off as 'death threats' in order to rile up others to do the same back in messages to you, using anonymous accounts whilst moaning about us all being 'anonymous'. Again, probably hoping to shut people up!

I don't believe there was much of substance other than trying to contact workplaces (please Mr/Ms Director, sack this person because they have dared to point out that I am spreading dangerous misinformation in order to be relevant on social media and financially gain from the more vulnerable members of society who understand as little as (or even less than) I do about science, medicine, law, Human Rights, energy supplies, nutrition, etc. It hurts my feelings to know people know I know so little and that may stop sales of snake oil, so please see all these mere turns of phrase out of context and agree that they are threatening me and stop them actually working and contributing in a meaningful way to society because they definitely shouldn't be questioning my opinion and using readily available facts, and only I shouldn't be censored and have the freedom to say anything. Definitely censor everyone else.). It was simply a petulant, spiteful move as she needed 'revenge'. I'm just sad that you became her target and very nearly had people suffer as a result if your charity chose to take action. I'd imagine you were also a very desirable target for revenge given the sun stuff being something she is so hung up on.

I'm happy to see you back, and I hope your inboxes settle/have settled, especially now that she's made out she's essentially sick of the movement (she was too available to them...) and maybe people will stop rushing to attack on behalf of someone quick to dump it all when it wasn't benefitting her anymore. I completely understand why you are here and find the claims she/troofers make particularly galling and where the words come from. There have been so many situations where I've found myself writing reactionary comments here but have had to put the phone down before actually posting to be able to rewrite and remove a lot of the emotion/anger, and I'm probably less passionate and personally invested in their claims beyond professionally in that I'm possibly slightly more removed without the loss of very close friends or long term hand-holding of individual patients, etc. I don't envy your last couple of weeks, but I'm glad to hear it sounds like you have good, knowledgable people around you. xx
Thank you. ā¤

As my old dad would have said ā€œWhat doesnā€™t kill you makes you strongerā€. šŸ˜Š

I will not stop calling out the misinformation, ever. The only difference now will be that itā€™s in my own name, so I shall have to make sure that my liberal use of profanities has the lid screwed onā€¦.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi Gill,
Youā€™re human, and your response shows that.

Sorry you had to experience the modus operandi of conspiracy theorist ā€˜influencersā€™ - incitement and intimidation via their followers.

Itā€™s clear that policy makers are aware of these issues, with the online harms bill and discussions within government and wider society.

CCDH is a good one to follow: Centre for Countering Digital Hate. They worked throughout the pandemic to de-platform what they referred to as the ā€˜disinformation dozenā€™ - the 12 people who were profiting most from covid disinformation. It was millions they were making (ironic considering all the shouting about ā€˜big pharmaā€™).

Everyone seemed to land here from a disbelief about what they came across on social media and the concern for the very small minority of (mostly) vulnerable people who become influenced, and suffer real harm because of mis/dis-information. And from that the frustration with the social media platformsā€¦

Whilst that will be an ongoing issue for some time, I do genuinely believe that very slowly it is being addressed, and there are effective people working on it behind the scenesā€¦

(It didnā€™t take long for the councils to draft standard replies for all the letters they were receiving about ā€˜I didnā€™t sign a contract with youā€™. And *no one* has had any success with that one - that in itself is surely enough to make people think ā€˜hmmmm, this stuff doesnā€™t workā€¦)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.