Elle Darby #5 Finally engaged but her life is so staged, marrying a man who just wants to be paid.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but why does it matter if the engagement was when her mum was alive? Her mum wouldn’t of been able to see the wedding, or the first baby. Should they have rushed them things tooV
For a girl who was so close to her mum, and for someone who mentioned how sad she was to never share any of those moments, to have had one, I’m sure would have been comforting

Reactions: 11
To be honest I find the comments saying how they wish con had proposed while her mum was alive a little distasteful. Not everyone wants to rush engagement because a family member is unwell, maybe she just wanted to focus solely on her mums last few months.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Just popped on the thread to say...

Imagine planning your own proposal 😬 So staged. She should have left the car scene out to make it a little more believable.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If this was the proposal the wedding is going to be HILARIOUS

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm just going to share my opinion so do let me know your thoughts! But imo, fair enough if he wanted (she wanted) this big, staged proposal. What I'm thinking is they staged it as a CT shoot (🤦🏼‍♀️) but could he not have stood there and then she walked in?? Ino im not picking but she was standing there like a gong, so she obviously knee exactly what was happening. I hope I'm making sense!!

Reactions: 22
Just jumping on to say that I haven’t watched the video in full but from what I’ve read it sounds very similar to Chessie King’s proposal where her fiancé sent her on a fake PR stay at a spa hotel then showed up and surprised her. I’m no CK fan but you could tell that she genuinely didn’t have a clue cause she was doing insta stories pratting around the hotel as normal up until it happened. Her fiancé had got her management to send emails about the trip as normal so she wouldn’t suspect anything.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this whole engagement had been totally organised by her management, whether or not Ellie/Con actually had any input into it. Clearly it’s worked and raked in the views.

Glad something nice has happened after her horrific year. Taking her Angelles for mugs and acting like it was a total surprise is pretty cringe though. Nothing wrong with over the top or relaxed and intimate as long as they are both authentic.
Nail on the head. There no issue with how big or small the proposal/ring/occasion is but it’s the fact that it is very much obvious that it wasn’t authentic and that they are trying to make out that it was to viewers/fans/subscribers.

Had they have admitted that they had gotten engaged and THEN planned this elaborate affair for socials afterwards, I would have a lot more respect for it. I’m genuinely happy for Elle because she’s clearly been eager for this to happen for a long time however I think it’s a bit of a cop out trying to make out that she genuinely thought the CT campaign was real.

Reactions: 8
My partner is honestly amazing, he does everything I could ask for and more, but he isn’t romantic at all. He doesn’t organise surprise date nights or holidays ect and I wouldn’t be surprised if he proposed in a really simple way, but I don’t see why it matters. At the end of the day, the proposal should be about the fact you’re getting married, not about the actual event itself...

My hairdresser didn’t even get engaged, she had been with her partner years and they had a child and they just decided to get married in a court house in Florida. I don’t see why it needs to be a big song and dance... I’m sure there will be an engagement party now too...

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you for putting it better than I did. It’s their proposal so of course they’re entitled to do what they like it with & it’s their money. It’s just a shame if (like you said) her followers start to think that’s the only way it can be done. I’d hate to think any of them would feel their lives/relationships are inferior or inadequate because of it - it’s so easy to slip into that mindset.

I only shared my experience to make a point that love can be expressed in different ways & as long as you’re happy in your relationship that’s all that matters. Everyone has different expectations & desires & that’s ok 🤷🏼‍♀️
yes... and people like Elle hold the title of ‘influencer’ ... so that means girls will be influenced by what she says and does. She needs to hold some accountability. People are quick to tell ‘influencers’ to use there platform when it comes to recent political movements/pandemic related issues (although we are aware she flouted lockdown rules).
But she doesn’t use her platform in anyway other than look at what I can afford to by. Even ‘you do you boo‘ is a joke as she does not live by that rule as she creates content to validate her own esteem. And can’t even acknowledge her actual clothing size.
there is very little positive influence to come from her content.

but the crazy thing is it makes her rich.

Reactions: 7
Yes I agree with that & thought the proposal itself was a bit tacky and over the top but it’s as if everyone should just be happy with being proposed to in a living room with a £300 ring, personally I wouldn’t be happy with such little effort from my boyfriend.
My ring was £330 I chose it ...out of all the rings in the jewellery shop (Ernst Jones) he gave me up to £2000............I chose my one!!! Cause I liked it ....£300 isn’t cheap I might add and secondly if any women literally cares about the cost of a ring as the most important thing ...then they are a total scumbag and I have 0 respect for them ✌🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
My ring was £330 I chose it ...out of all the rings in the jewellery shop (Ernst Jones) I chose my one!!! £300 isn’t cheap I might add and secondly if any women literally cares about the cost of a ring as the most important thing ...then they are a total scumbag and I have 0 respect for them ✌🏼
I agree with the bit about the £300 not being cheap, in my world that’s a decent priced ring, if my partner went over £600 for my ring I’d be annoyed because it’s just a huge amount to us personally and I don’t see the point. As long as some effort has been made to choose it, why does it matter what it costs? I know someone who’s engagement ring was £40, because that’s they could afford, nothing wrong with that at all.

Reactions: 12
I'm just going to share my opinion so do let me know your thoughts! But imo, fair enough if he wanted (she wanted) this big, staged proposal. What I'm thinking is they staged it as a CT shoot (🤦🏼‍♀️) but could he not have stood there and then she walked in?? Ino im not picking but she was standing there like a pong, so she obviously knee exactly what was happening. I hope I'm making sense!!
It’s embarrassing how awkward she was standing there waiting for him to come in

• Heart
I think getting engaged is a personal moment and when me and my husband got engaged it was just us out for a fancy meal just me and him it was perfect HOWEVER before I met my now husband I was with someone at a young age and I kept going on I wanted to get married I wanted an engagement I was literally begging for him to do it, which he did when i was 19.
I had a ring felt secure, got a diary on planning the wedding (totally obsessed), then the unthinkable happened ....
He cheated and I Thibk thats because I rushed him into it. We were young and I thought it would be brilliant to be engaged and in all honesty I didnt care how he felt about it as it was what I wanted!
The relationship was wrong and it made me think what difference does being engaged or married really mean? We had been sleeping together, living together no kids thank god but what I am trying to say is in today's world what does marriage and being engaged really mean??

I am a married woman and I wasnt fussed about getting married or engaged as I did think it means no difference apart from us all having the same surname ( due to what had happened I had been put off ) and we had a lovely wedding in Sicily but I didnt pressure my husband like I did previously and I feel like corndog has had a lot of pressure from the fans and elle and I have learnt the man must want to do it and not do it due to the pressure from others.

Reactions: 10
She’s someone I really try to pay no attention to - I only heard of her after the hotel owner shamed her for going on the beg. Anyway, why on earth would she think she had booked a gig with Charlotte Tilbury? If that brand works with anyone ‘famous’ it’s A listers and supermodels. Not wannabes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She’s someone I really try to pay no attention to - I only heard of her after the hotel owner shamed her for going on the beg. Anyway, why on earth would she think she had booked a gig with Charlotte Tilbury? If that brand works with anyone ‘famous’ it’s A listers and supermodels. Not wannabes.
Because she’s a fantasist

• Haha
She’s been sent products from CT before so I don’t think it would be that shocking? Also she would do her own make up to showcase the products as that’s what being an influencer is about.. influencing..

Reactions: 6
This is the most ridiculous stunt I've ever seen 🤣 do her followers really believe she didn't orchestrate this entire set up.. dear lord

I don't see the point of an expensive ring either, it's just a material object. If it is a £30k Tiffany, that's absolutely mental. That's more than a lot of people make in a whole years salary! Madness.

My ring when I was engaged to my ex partner was less than £100, cubic zirconia from H Samuel. It was bright, sparkly and beautiful. If I hadn't chosen it and didn't know it's not a diamond, I'd never have questioned it. If I got engaged to my current partner, I'd do exactly the same even though we both have more money.. it's just a ring 🤷

Reactions: 9
She’s been sent products from CT before so I don’t think it would be that shocking? Also she would do her own make up to showcase the products as that’s what being an influencer is about.. influencing..
There’s a huge difference between being sent products and actually getting a gig with a company. If I saw someone like that in a CT campaign, I’d never buy that brand again. She’s not really ‘influencing’ their target market is she?

• Heart
Being on a CT PR list and doing a CT Campaign are two completely different things.

When you have the likes of Joan Collins and Charlotte Tilbury herself modelling the campaigns, I really can’t imagine that they would use Elle. As PR - absolutely. On a global campaign - I honestly think it’s far fetched.

CT is also quite well known for applying the make up for the campaigns.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.