Elle Darby #5 Finally engaged but her life is so staged, marrying a man who just wants to be paid.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I checked because I’ve been researching rings a little bit recently (🙈) and you can probably get it a lot cheaper if it’s not Tiffany’s. Here for example (with minimal effort) it could be done for around 8k. Which is still crazy amount of money, but much more possible.
I know a girl who makes great jewellery, some of her rings are the exact same cut, carat, clarity etc as Tiffany rings and the price is nowhere near as expensive. people are paying £30k for the name 😩😩 fuckkkkkk that 😂😂

Reactions: 6
I think the saddest part is in years to come she’s the one with the true memory you know?

She’ll know how much was set for ‘the gram’ and she’ll feel ridiculous deep down knowing it was so set up for something that likely wouldn’t exist in the future in the same way.

It just sad and so see through. It looks aesthetically great but I find it so contrived as they must have had a convo to say she wanted it filmed - let’s be fair if Connor had decided himself he’d have got Jordan the photographer to do it 🤣
It shows how staged everything is and sad to think of it wasn’t gram worthy she wouldn’t of said yes. I am surprised they didn’t hold out for a big fancy Christmas engagement though but your right she will look back and see how fake all this was and when Connor leaves he will claim she forced him into everything for content he comes across that kind of person play the victim blame everyone else.

Ive never once seen a genuine moment between them he doesn’t even look at her lovingly he looks at her like she will pay out for the trips and clothes he wants to “flex”

Reactions: 15
I know a girl who makes great jewellery, some of her rings are the exact same cut, carat, clarity etc as Tiffany rings and the price is nowhere near as expensive. people are paying £30k for the name 😩😩 fuckkkkkk that 😂😂
30k for a 1.7 carat is ridiculous. You can get a decent diamond at that weight for well under 10k if you shop around

Reactions: 6
I think the saddest part is in years to come she’s the one with the true memory you know?

She’ll know how much was set for ‘the gram’ and she’ll feel ridiculous deep down knowing it was so set up for something that likely wouldn’t exist in the future in the same way.

It just sad and so see through. It looks aesthetically great but I find it so contrived as they must have had a convo to say she wanted it filmed - let’s be fair if Connor had decided himself he’d have got Jordan the photographer to do it 🤣
Nothing is private, everything she does is equated with money and views, its such an empty and vacuous existence in my opinion.

These people genuinely believe they are A list celebrities

Also, Con-artist looked liked he had took a dip in the deep fat fryer down the chippy before he proposed.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My partner is possibly the least romantic person ever & proposed while we were sat on the sofa watching tv one evening 🤷🏼‍♀️😂 nothing fancy, nothing romantic, nothing over the top, no videographers or pretty lights but I was over the moon & it was genuine. I would feel sorry for her if it wasn’t for the fact that she’s created this contrived life for all the world to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
My partner is possibly the least romantic person ever & proposed while we were sat on the sofa watching tv one evening 🤷🏼‍♀️😂 nothing fancy, nothing romantic, nothing over the top, no videographers or pretty lights but I was over the moon & it was genuine. I would feel sorry for her if it wasn’t for the fact that she’s created this contrived life for all the world to see.
This is so lovely.

Reactions: 3
This is so lovely.
Aw thank you. I didn’t even realise he was serious at first 😂. When I met him he wasn’t keen on the idea of marriage & although he warmed to the idea over time, I never really expected it would happen so I was chuffed 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She would get more respect if her ring was from Argos and said it’s not about the price it’s about what the occasion is and the meaning and so on, that’s being relatable to your followers and making them understand the true meaning behind proposals and marriage is love trust honour blah blah blah but no it’s about money and showing off sadly and making her pedestal even higher to them.

Video upload next week - wedding planning eeeeeek 👰 🎩 💒 🍾 Dear Donatella Versace Conman and I ( queen El ) would be ever so delighted if you could PR myself a beautiful diamond studded one off dress for the wedding of the century, in return yourself and plus 1 could come to the evening reception ( family only in the day sos ) RSVP ASAP so I can have my next upload in a few days . Love El

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Did anyone else see Marnie Simpson got engaged? A normal selfie of her and Casey uploaded, probably same one sent to all their friends and family. I’m not saying there’s only one way you can do it, but it should be a genuine once (maybe!) in a lifetime feeling between the two people - not photoshoots, videographers and wedding dresses!!!

Reactions: 19
The funny part is - everyone on here said if they get engaged it will be over the top and ridicilous and she will act oh so surprised though She planned it all. Touche!

Theres Nothing goals about them. All is done For show. Im not even getting any madly in love sign From them. Its all a big act To keep the money running. Its sad. Why would you make one of ur most precious moments public. Its like Someone said she thinks shes kardashian and has to show everything "real and raw" LOL. So sad and like ive said before I dont think this lifestyle makes her happy really.

Reactions: 9
Well, where to start...

elle derby releases a collection of clothing that is way over priced and most likely not worth what she is charging...lots of items sell out (not sure if this was a marketing tool and she only had very limited stock to make it sell out faster and look in demand or what)

elaborate Staged proposal.

both of the above on top of all the other general materialistic bullshit (fillers, wasteful hauls, Range Rover, massive house, garden renovation etc etc)

I can’t wrap my head around it. How no one sees through the false boos and huns. The over the top reactions to her proposal and collection. I literally do not understand why these influencers are held up on a pedestal.
I haven’t watched the video - I refuse to contribute to any potential monetisation- I don’t follow her - I haven’t bought a thing of her and never will.
I feel bad for those young girls buying her stuff to try emulate her style and anyone who gushes over her content. Especially if they are your average girl who goes to work/school and idolises a life of materialistic influencer goals over the top edited the hell lipped filled (lol I know that doesn’t make sense) basically anything that is over the top extravagance and you cannot afford on your standard average wage in the U.K.

I tell myself don’t pay attention to it. Each to there own. Etc.

but idk it just annoys me that people blindly fund this girl (and others like her) to continue to buy expensive stuff and show it off to them through Instagram.

as someone who has gone to university and has a job within my field of chosen study (scientific area of work) at a modest 24k salary. Tbf I don’t really like my job but I can’t leave it (as there is a pandemic and I’m lucky to have a job! And there’s not many jobs that even pay a similar salary let alone more!) I suffer major Monday morning blues. Battle with depression etc. I am working hard to start a side bussiness around full time work and limited funds to hopefully alleviate the pressure of staying in a job I dislike.

It’s hard to then go on insta and see people effectively being given a life of luxury.

even makeup and beauty influencers I respect more as they have artistry talent. But people purely showing off there Range Rover and elaborate staged proposal ... for what purpose?Validation? And then people who idolise that and continue to fuel there life style... I just can’t. Something is really wrong with the generation. And don’t get me started on the impacts of all this wasteful consumption on the environment etc.

thank you for coming to my ted talk. That’s my Monday morning rant and take on elle Darby and the influencer crowd haha! Don’t worry guys I’m fine. I always have a way of bouncing back!!

• Heart
Reactions: 59
The funny part is - everyone on here said if they get engaged it will be over the top and ridicilous and she will act oh so surprised though She planned it all. Touche!

Theres Nothing goals about them. All is done For show. Im not even getting any madly in love sign From them. Its all a big act To keep the money running. Its sad. Why would you make one of ur most precious moments public. Its like Someone said she thinks shes kardashian and has to show everything "real and raw" LOL. So sad and like ive said before I dont think this lifestyle makes her happy really.
I agree, each to their own, but I don’t get madly in love vibes from them either. Con just comes across to me as a lazy scrounger and if Elle didn’t have all this money I’d be surprised if he was still around. That video where she asks him those questions was really eye opening, him saying what he does and doesn’t prefer and saying he prefers her with the makeup and shaved and with nice underwear ect, he just comes across like he wants a trophy wife, big car and a big house and loads of cash that he show off with.

Reactions: 16
Well, where to start...

elle derby releases a collection of clothing that is way over priced and most likely not worth what she is charging...lots of items sell out (not sure if this was a marketing tool and she only had very limited stock to make it sell out faster and look in demand or what)

elaborate Staged proposal.

both of the above on top of all the other general materialistic bullshit (fillers, wasteful hauls, Range Rover, massive house, garden renovation etc etc)

I can’t wrap my head around it. How no one sees through the false boos and huns. The over the top reactions to her proposal and collection. I literally do not understand why these influencers are held up on a pedestal.
I haven’t watched the video - I refuse to contribute to any potential monetisation- I don’t follow her - I haven’t bought a thing of her and never will.
I feel bad for those young girls buying her stuff to try emulate her style and anyone who gushes over her content. Especially if they are your average girl who goes to work/school and idolises a life of materialistic influencer goals over the top edited the hell lipped filled (lol I know that doesn’t make sense) basically anything that is over the top extravagance and you cannot afford on your standard average wage in the U.K.

I tell myself don’t pay attention to it. Each to there own. Etc.

but idk it just annoys me that people blindly fund this girl (and others like her) to continue to buy expensive stuff and show it off to them through Instagram.

as someone who has gone to university and has a job within my field of chosen study (scientific area of work) at a modest 24k salary. Tbf I don’t really like my job but I can’t leave it (as there is a pandemic and I’m lucky to have a job! And there’s not many jobs that even pay a similar salary let alone more!) I suffer major Monday morning blues. Battle with depression etc. I am working hard to start a side bussiness around full time work and limited funds to hopefully alleviate the pressure of staying in a job I dislike.

It’s hard to then go on insta and see people effectively being given a life of luxury.

even makeup and beauty influencers I respect more as they have artistry talent. But people purely showing off there Range Rover and elaborate staged proposal ... for what purpose?Validation? And then people who idolise that and continue to fuel there life style... I just can’t. Something is really wrong with the generation. And don’t get me started on the impacts of all this wasteful consumption on the environment etc.

thank you for coming to my ted talk. That’s my Monday morning rant and take on elle Darby and the influencer crowd haha! Don’t worry guys I’m fine. I always have a way of bouncing back!!
Couldn’t have put it better. They are the physical embodiment of everything that’s wrong with our society.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.