Elle Darby #5 Finally engaged but her life is so staged, marrying a man who just wants to be paid.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t get me wrong I think the proposal was very staged but I don’t see why people feel the need to talk about their non romantic proposals and cheap rings as if everyone should be happy with that, there’s nothing wrong with wanting a fairytale proposal or an expensive ring, he is paid a salary and definitely earns a big chunk so it’s not hard to see that he could save for a couple months and spend atleast 10k on a ring, it’s as if people want her to have a cheap ring so they can feel better about themselves 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 38
Don’t get me wrong I think the proposal was very staged but I don’t see why people feel the need to talk about their non romantic proposals and cheap rings as if everyone should be happy with that, there’s nothing wrong with wanting a fairytale proposal or an expensive ring, he is paid a salary and definitely earns a big chunk so it’s not hard to see that he could save for a couple months and spend atleast 10k on a ring, it’s as if people want her to have a cheap ring so they can feel better about themselves 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hardly! I think what people are getting at is that it’s very normal and what most ‘general folk’ do. That it’s ok and actually what more people prefer.

It’s contrived and wannabe celebrity type to have an engagement set up like this. If he wanted to do it then he could have done it that way at home the two of them. To get so many people involved literally for Instagram is abit beyond if you ask me

Reactions: 21
Couldn’t have put it better. They are the physical embodiment of everything that’s wrong with our society.
They are exactly that. Social media is now a platform to show off not to showcase talent or skill. Elle and Connor will spend Thier lives showing off for what?
Because it's all for the gram. And that's shallow. Its not like they are lovely to Thier audience either they are manipulative to get what they want.

Reactions: 12
I think the problem is that it's fake and that she spends her entire life trying to make everything seem like she's living in a fairytale. She clearly set this whole thing up and is trying to sell to people that it's not all been organised (did you not notice the amount of stuff that has been gifted?).

Reactions: 13
I think the problem is that it's fake and that she spends her entire life trying to make everything seem like she's living in a fairytale. She clearly set this whole thing up and is trying to sell to people that it's not all been organised (did you not notice the amount of stuff that has been gifted?).
Yes I agree with that & thought the proposal itself was a bit tacky and over the top but it’s as if everyone should just be happy with being proposed to in a living room with a £300 ring, personally I wouldn’t be happy with such little effort from my boyfriend.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
5 months after her mum died.. Why couldn't he have done it when she was alive.. Either he has been forced into it, mum didn't approve, elle wanted somthing ellbarate..

Reactions: 20
5 months after her mum died.. Why couldn't he have done it when she was alive.. Either he has been forced into it, mum didn't approve, elle wanted somthing ellbarate..
Sorry but why does it matter if the engagement was when her mum was alive? Her mum wouldn’t of been able to see the wedding, or the first baby. Should they have rushed them things tooV

• Sad
Yes I agree with that & thought the proposal itself was a bit tacky and over the top but it’s as if everyone should just be happy with being proposed to in a living room with a £300 ring, personally I wouldn’t be happy with such little effort from my boyfriend.
Everyone’s different aren’t they ☺. My partner puts tons of effort into our lives together, he works harder than anyone I know & is constantly bettering himself for our family. Not that I should have to justify our lives.

I don’t think everyone should have the same proposal that I did at all, most people’s would be far more stereotypically “romantic” - I was just saying that it’s possible for people to be happy with a proposal/life that isn’t so instagrammable or contrived. If you’re not happy with a living room proposal then that’s cool, not everyone would be 😂.
Everyone’s different & I absolutely respect that, but I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t assume my boyfriend put in “little effort” when you don’t really know the first thing about us 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 27
How did Connor ask Elle’s dad for his blessing on 8th July?? Wasn’t we still in Lockdown then???🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I mean... low key proposals aren't "low effort" but ok

• Heart
Reactions: 28
There is nothing wrong with wanting a fairytale proposal. However in real day to day life that’s not how it happens and there more than likely wouldnt be a whole filming crew there filming it. It’s more the fact she’s trying to make out it was a complete surprise yea whatever. To be honest I’ve said nothing about her ring as personally I don’t think the size or cost matters.

• Heart
Well we all know they broke the lockdown rules as pics or he hugging a friend and corndog training at jordans. But I guess he could of called him or sent him a dm on insta 😂😂😂

How did Connor ask Elle’s dad for his blessing on 8th July?? Wasn’t we still in Lockdown then???🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sorry but why does it matter if the engagement was when her mum was alive? Her mum wouldn’t of been able to see the wedding, or the first baby. Should they have rushed them things tooV
Right? Mine was done in a hotel room when we where both butt naked and I wouldn’t change it for anything 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think part of the issue about a staged proposal like Elles is the unrealistic expectations it may give other girls. For example some people may think ‘If my boyfriend doesn’t propose to me like this then does he care the much’ etc.

love isn’t about a fancy show.

if you have the means to have a big elaborate proposal and your boyf plans it on his own merit fair enough.
Equally a small intimate proposal is valid and doesn’t mean your partner loves you any less.

if Elle staged and directed her own proposal - it’s not really connors own planned proposal is it. Nor is it really a reflection on his efforts.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I know a girl who makes great jewellery, some of her rings are the exact same cut, carat, clarity etc as Tiffany rings and the price is nowhere near as expensive. people are paying £30k for the name 😩😩 fuckkkkkk that 😂😂
This I need to see!😂 Does she have an Instagram?

Reactions: 2
For real

Just jumping on to say that I haven’t watched the video in full but from what I’ve read it sounds very similar to Chessie King’s proposal where her fiancé sent her on a fake PR stay at a spa hotel then showed up and surprised her. I’m no CK fan but you could tell that she genuinely didn’t have a clue cause she was doing insta stories pratting around the hotel as normal up until it happened. Her fiancé had got her management to send emails about the trip as normal so she wouldn’t suspect anything.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this whole engagement had been totally organised by her management, whether or not Ellie/Con actually had any input into it. Clearly it’s worked and raked in the views.

Glad something nice has happened after her horrific year. Taking her Angelles for mugs and acting like it was a total surprise is pretty cringe though. Nothing wrong with over the top or relaxed and intimate as long as they are both authentic.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think part of the issue about a staged proposal like Elles is the unrealistic expectations it may give other girls. For example some people may think ‘If my boyfriend doesn’t propose to me like this then does he care the much’ etc.

love isn’t about a fancy show.

if you have the means to have a big elaborate proposal and your boyf plans it on his own merit fair enough.
Equally a small intimate proposal is valid and doesn’t mean your partner loves you any less.

if Elle staged and directed her own proposal - it’s not really connors own planned proposal is it. Nor is it really a reflection on his efforts.
Thank you for putting it better than I did. It’s their proposal so of course they’re entitled to do what they like it with & it’s their money. It’s just a shame if (like you said) her followers start to think that’s the only way it can be done. I’d hate to think any of them would feel their lives/relationships are inferior or inadequate because of it - it’s so easy to slip into that mindset.

I only shared my experience to make a point that love can be expressed in different ways & as long as you’re happy in your relationship that’s all that matters. Everyone has different expectations & desires & that’s ok 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.